[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's very obvious this is their best album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: ween-mollusk-1499786118.jpg (369KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
ween-mollusk-1499786118.jpg
369KB, 1425x1425px
Unironically as close to an objective stance as you can get on this.

You see, Ween fans are the type of fans that want to appear "different" in every social interaction. They seek out weird music, they put pineapple on their pizza, I'm sure they wear socks with sandals in an irony turned post-irony move.

The thing about Ween is that they always had the creative chops. Just not the confidence. They are the equivalent of the super smart trouble maker in school that just wont apply himself. Dean Ween even stated, "I will say that the only record that I ever felt really confident about was The Mollusk. That's my favorite record we've ever done."

With The Mullusk they finally applied their enormous talent to make their masterpiece.

The problem? Well, they had already built up this fanbase obsessed with weirdo image and they've done their best to NOT elevate this incredible album. The dipshits send people on their way to the audio dutch oven that is The Pod as their first taste of Ween and potential fans get scared off.

Good show you image obsessed geeks. You may think your (failing) attempt to elevate The Pod, Pure Guava, or Chocolate and Cheese translates to people thinking that you're super interesting... well you're not. You the indie equivalent of a manic pixie girl.
>>
Quebec is better
>>
>>74484453
I just don't like the way it sounds, I liked them more with a little crunch
also lyrically it's complete garbage, almost as juvenile as a tenacious d album
>>
>>74484485
>also lyrically it's complete garbage, almost as juvenile as a tenacious d album

This is such bullshit. Lyrically it's better than any album they released. Sonically you can try to elevate previous albums as "crunchy" but you can pull that shit with literally any album.
>>
>>74484453

Don't even bother op. Ween fans are like juggalos.
>>
>>74484515
no their earlier songs had more of an edge, there's nothing on this to live up to spinal meningitis or flies on my dick (which is a surrealist masterpiece, goddammit)
>>
>>74484453
>comedy rock
>good
lol go back to listening to weird al and tencious d faggot
>>
>>74484579
this is some manic pixie dream girl bullshit
>>
>>74484485
>implying Tenacious D could write a song like Mutilated Lips
>>
>>74484579

Those are just Zappa rip offs.
>>
>>74484656
what songs do they rip off? I'm not ashamed to admit I don't know the entire zappa discography by heart
>>74484621
I said almost
>>74484610
I guess what it ultimately comes down to is this is the one where I skip the most tracks
>>
Bands like ween, they might be giants, zappa, mr.bungle, have this weird energy were is sort of comedic, but at the same time also serious and talented music.

I call it quirk rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLcp8Dm-ejU

this ween song is genuinely one of the saddest songs ive heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6PIW9iRw4
>>
The Mollusk>Quebec>>>12 Golden Country Greats>Chocolate and Cheese>>>>everything else
>>
>>74484745

Manic Pixie Girl Rock
>>
>>74484779
well the bands are guys so.
manic pixie guy rock
>>
Ever since they went on about pussy for nine minutes (good idea) in a Princey blues-minstrel drawl (bad one), I've assumed they were the kind of rec-room gigglefritzes who enjoy a good nigger joke when they're sure their audience is sophisticated enough to enjoy it.
>>
>>74484829

you what?
>>
I don't like The Pod because i'm obsessed with my own image, I like it because of it's originality and consistency. More importantly I like it because of how it makes me feel, tracks like Sorry Charlie, Alone, and Moving Away are really emotional, I feel as though they show that from day one (or close to it) that they weren't one-trick ponies. They can do sad just as good (if not better) as they can do quirky.

The Mollusk may be their best overall but the Pod will always be my favorite album by them (and of all time).
>>
Thank fuck someone has said it. I honestly think that The Mollusk stands side by side with albums like IAOTS but has been misrepresented by it's delusional fanbase.
>>
>>74484453

Ween are a live band. Who gives a shit about the studio recordings anyway
>>
>>74485130

>>74485130

> he fell for it
>>
File: ween the pod.jpg (381KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ween the pod.jpg
381KB, 600x600px
The Mollusk is good. It also has the best song, Ocean man, and a few other noteables.
However in total feel of the album I have to go for pure guava.
the pod is kinda trash.
>>
It's a fantastic album, OP, but Pure Guava is my favorite. The Pod is my least favorite of the 4 you named. I don't really "get" it, but I only gave it a couple listens so maybe i'll try it again some time.
>>
>>74485188

Not op, I can agree on the feel of Pure Guava being awesome. It's a shame some of the tracks are misses for me.
>>
I listened to this album a few months ago
I remember nothing about it so I cant even give it a rating
>>
>>74485227
also I think it's weird that you think of Chocolate and Cheese as "pineapple on pizza" relative to the Mollusk when to me Chocolate and Cheese and 12 Golden Country Greats really have more 'normal' sounds than The Mollusk.

Personally I think every single release from godweensatan to The Mollusk is top tier except for the Pod.
>>
>>74485269

You're just saying things without substance. I dont agree with everything op said, he at least elaborated on what he had to say. Can't say the same of you mate.
>>
>>74485319
He's saying people try to underrate the mollusk because it's too 'normal' or 'accessible' for what they want their image to be, but I really don't think the mollusk is at all different from previous ween releases in that regard if you look at Chocolate and Cheese and 12 Golden Country Greats.
I think the real reason some people might try to downplay the greatness of teh Mollusk is simply because it's the most popular and it's generally the first thing people hear of Ween
>>
>>74485369
>but I really don't think the mollusk is at all different from previous ween releases in that regard if you look at Chocolate and Cheese and 12 Golden Country Greats

Not sure how you can say that unless you're just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>74485474
I don't see how you don't see that 12 Golden Country Greats is their most 'normal' album by a wide margin compared to something like the mollusk
>>
>>74485560

On a very, very surface level. It takes the piss too obviously.
>>
>>74484453

Even the Dean of Ween agrees with you. Ignore the shit fanbois.
>>
Anybody have a discography link? I've been meaning to check Ween out.
>>
>>74485746
Just go to the pirate bay.
>>
rutracker is best
>>
>>74484515
>I AM WAVING MY DICK IN THE WIND XDDD
>>
File: 1502331855249.jpg (26KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1502331855249.jpg
26KB, 280x280px
>>74487416
>>
File: youllbebe.png (32KB, 357x278px) Image search: [Google]
youllbebe.png
32KB, 357x278px
>>74487426
>>
>>74484453
>You see, Ween fans are the type of fans that want to appear "different" in every social interaction. They seek out weird music, they put pineapple on their pizza, I'm sure they wear socks with sandals in an irony turned post-irony move.
this is projection
>The problem? Well, they had already built up this fanbase obsessed with weirdo image and they've done their best to NOT elevate this incredible album. The dipshits send people on their way to the audio dutch oven that is The Pod as their first taste of Ween and potential fans get scared off.
this is straight up false
The Mollusk is praised to hell and back among Ween fans. other people thinking The Pod is better doesn't change that, everyone agrees The Mollusk is among their best albums. whenever someone says they want to get into Ween, they're always directed towards The Mollusk as the best starting point.
>>
File: $.jpg (774KB, 1370x1856px) Image search: [Google]
$.jpg
774KB, 1370x1856px
>>74484485
>lyrically it's complete garbage

>Ocean man, take me by the hand, lead me to the land that you understand
>the voyage to the corner of the globe is a real trip
>the crust of a tan man imbibed by the sand
>soaking up the thirst of the land
>>
>>74487738
>le spongebob meme XD song
>>
>>74487805
not an argument
>>
File: 1460522872534.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1460522872534.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
Hoocean maaan
take me by the haaand
lead me to the laaand
that you undastaaand
>>
File: mfw d.png (53KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
mfw d.png
53KB, 199x200px
>>74487818
>THIS IS A SERIOUS(!) SONG
>>
I could never get behind Ween. Interested in the other music self-proclaimed fans find interesting to really understand who this is made for
>>
File: 1355321457211.jpg (58KB, 445x488px) Image search: [Google]
1355321457211.jpg
58KB, 445x488px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fTqybHIFo

>Deaner and fucking Les Claypool start playing The Mollusk together
>it fucking fades out IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>74487935
i dont know much about their discography but i stumbled upon the mollusk on spotify and thoroughly enjoy it
>>
>>74487907
>>74487818
>>
>>74487935
>Interested in the other music self-proclaimed fans find interesting
It obviously varies but lately i've been listening to Sigur Ros, Lemon Jelly, A Silver Mt. Zion, Lift To Experience and Tonstartssbandht. When I first discovered them I was really into Modest Mouse and NMH.
>>
>>74487935
R.E.M., Pavement, Guided By Voices, The Smiths, The Flaming Lips, The Velvet Underground
>>
>>74487935
Mr. Bungle
>>
>>74487935
butthole surfers, pavement, pixies
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.