[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love vaporwave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mni.jpg (143KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mni.jpg
143KB, 1000x1000px
Sure... I mainly listen to "real" genres of music, but fuck... vaporwave is so comfy. The imagery, the easy listening, the nostalgia... damn.
>>
>>74484211
vaporwave is as real as the next genre, fuck off
>>
>>74484211
https://youtu.be/zV3qTi1DlNE
>>
>>74484211
I'm with you man
>>
File: IMG_2857.jpg (410KB, 1200x1163px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2857.jpg
410KB, 1200x1163px
>>74484211
Post-internet is the real new genre

death's dynamic shroud.wmv, one of the best vaporwave artists, has already moved to Orange milk
>>
>>74484211
hey op check this out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gykzHuxHVV0

this is why vaporwave isn't a real genre
>>
>>74484414
What is post-internet music and how is it really that different from some styles of vaporwave? I listened to a few songs from Orange Milk Records and the songs don't seem like they're that different to me, but maybe I'm just not getting it.

>>74484211
If you ask me, vaporwave is a real genre, especially the ones that aren't just "Diana Ross slowed down," but even things like Macintosh Plus' Floral Shoppe contains interesting ideas in editing and mashup.
>>
where all my blank banshee fans at, give vaportrap some love
>>
>>74484555
Reporting in
>>
Vaporwave needs guidance. A great genre as a concept, but just like anything--BUT ESPECIALLY VAPORWAVE--you have a pile of shit tier stuff burying some really great gems.

If you can make it to this level, then that's the key. Elevate to more than slowed down R&B or basic 80's samples...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU
>>
>>74484616
got any other great vaportrap artists? i have been searching for a while but didn't find any, except for vaperror
>>
>>74484527
More production
Less straight sampling
Much more upbeat at times, depending on the artist
Pulls from much more electronic genres (jungle, prog electronic, footwork, sound collage)
Builds off the concept off the implications of our society changing and adapting to the internet

Listen to
Nico Niquo - Epitaph
Darren Keen - Its never too late to say you're welcome
Binasu - NV
>>
>>74484632
I love Gunship more than most, but Gunship isn't vaporwave. They're synthwave. See artists like Com Truise, Kavinsky, and Magic Sword for comparison.

On a related note, I love that Gunship is synthwave with a heavy vocal approach. Can anybody else recommend some similar sounding stuff?
>>
>>74484714
Sure yeah but it's like thrash versus speed metal...that's the problem. We all have the same goal: nostalgia. Figure it out, perfect it and raise the bar, ya know?

A different example but how can you fuck with it (in its respective genre):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoTN8suQ1o

Master level...
>>
>>74484211
Why does the stereotype of Vaporwave as only sampled shit still exist?

Cunts have obviously never dug into it any - check out Dream Catalogue, they have tonnes of original releases that are real good.
>>
>>74484300
who in the fuck isn't this banned from youtube ?
liked it tho
>>
itt: reddit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.