[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Meh.
>>
The song Black Sabbath is pretty fucking cool. The rest is meh, though.
>>
I like Sabbath, but

[spoiler]I agree, and feel that their first two albums are very lack luster metal albums due to lack of riffs thus coming off as kinda lame but a bit heavy blues rock[/spoiler]
>>
GOAT
>>
File: 784b2afc3f9845c8aed26743e84ccc7f.png (388KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
784b2afc3f9845c8aed26743e84ccc7f.png
388KB, 1600x1600px
bretty gud
>>
>>74481461
>first two
>Paranoid
>lack of riffs
The title track and Planet Caravan are the only ones to which that could apply.
>>
>implying The Wizard isn't the best track on the album
>>
>>74481524
Iron Man as well. And maybe War Pigs, too since it repeats the same damn thing for too long.
>>
>>74481542
Iron Man has a ton of riffs.
>>
>>74481542
>War Pigs
>repeats the same damn thing for too long
how
>>
>>74481560
There's the main riff, then the second riff, then the faster bit, that's it.

>>74481627
The song spends way way too much time on the start-stop riff then the one after it which really gets exacerbated because it's repeated again. Not a lot happening for a seven minute long track
>>
>>74481455
>>74481534
Warning is the best track, desu.
>>
>>74481739
Kawaii Sabbath :3
>>
>>74481461
Call their s/t lackluster if you wish, but not Paranoid. Also both albums are full of riffs, that was standard procedure for them from the beginning.

First album has the title track, which starts with a minimal but powerfully dark guitar riff, and later develops into a more climactic outro riff. Next I think is the Wizard, which - despite featuring a harmonica, admittedly not very metal - has a thick & driving guitar/bass riff underneath. Then NIB is somewhere after that, and that's one of their more iconic riffs.

It totally bewilders me that you failed to find sufficient riffs in Paranoid.
>>
>>74481992
Compare those entire albums, not just the one or two tracks with a ton of riffs, to Master Of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, or Heaven And Hell.
>>
>>74481487
this is actually a pro-christian album and it goes hard af
>>
>>74482021
All of their albums are full of riffs, they were one of the quintessential riff makers (On a side note, I believe much of the songwriting credits goes to Geezer). They may have developed as writers over the years and wrote more complex riffs/song structures, but riffs were always the foundation.
>>
>>74482028
if you want more christian trad doom try trouble's early stuff
>>
>>74482143
But the first two records have so few riffs they are not as engaging because of it and honestly just sound closer to hard rock with a thick tone.
>>
>>74481487
Yea.
>>
A lot of people miss out on the central point of 60s and 70s rock because they don't have any back ground in the blues. All these rock bands from the 60s and 70s are essentially still responding to Blind Lemon Jefferson.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.