[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much has /mu/ shaped your taste in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: itaots 3.jpg (47KB, 386x600px) Image search: [Google]
itaots 3.jpg
47KB, 386x600px
How much has /mu/ shaped your taste in music?
>>
>>74481047
I just come to /mu/ for laughs. RYM is for when I'm serious.
>>
>>74481047
it has shaped stuff like what artists i listen to by recommendation but i still look for the same things in my music and enjoy the same specific things in my music
>>
>>74481076
so your taste is heavily influenced by /mu/
>>
File: 545165451545198451.jpg (69KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
545165451545198451.jpg
69KB, 634x900px
>>74481047

I found a couple cool albums here ill just say that buit I had wad though shitposts and dumb memes but I stay to find good stuff
>>
Got me into music and soon I went my own direction, not really liking the things I used to like that's pushed heavily by /mu/.
>>
>>74481047
/mu/ got me into more folk and kpop
>>
/mu/ got me into non rap genres
>>
>>74481047
Although I get some good recs here (mostly cool songs/obscure stuff from generals), RYM is great, the esoteric option, the lists (especially first-in-genre and guides), and the layout are very conducive for exploration.
>>
>>74481047
/mu/ hasn't shaped my taste in music at all, but some anonymous individuals have turned me to incredible bands that I'd probably never discover on my own, and I'm extremely grateful for that.
>>
>>74481047
/mu/ was just like a transition from listening to whatever's popular to actively looking for new stuff to listen too
>>
I've listened to more rock and ambient music because of it and I try out more stuff I otherwise wouldn't listens to but most of my go to albums aren't talked about much here. It's probably influenced it more than I'd like to think but I don't listen to /mu/core on a daily basis or anything ,
>>
>>74481047
Not at all. I didn't start browsing /mu/ until I was 27 and by that time I had been familiar with almost all of the /mu/-core albums for 10+ years. Most of it is shit I outgrew before I turned 21. TMR is the only album I like that sees even a moderate amount of discussion here.

The classical and jazz generals are usually the only worthwhile theads on this board.
>>
>>74481047
/mu/ introduced me to noise rock, pretty good desu. Other than that I haven't listened to even half of the big /mu/ core chart, so not much. It's a nice place to find new things sometimes.
>>
File: when i was.jpg (42KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
when i was.jpg
42KB, 400x275px
I grew up when musical piracy was starting to become a thing. In the old days you would have to make money and only had access to the music you would see on mtv, or that was stocked at the record store, or played on the radio.
Now the internet arrived and gave me pretty much the entire history of recorded music in every language from every era from every genre all at the same time.
No, you dont have to have money or go to a store.
You can wake up at 4 in the morning, put on youtube and listen to roxy music or some Japanese city pop.

And i am also an old fag, i was on the ground floor of the beginning of 4chan and mu. Back when mu wasnt filled whith normal faggots, poptamists, kpop, niggers, viral marketers, and the various other assorted cancers that killed mu.
In the early days of mu there were a lot of charts that really helped me explore obscure, weird, and foreign genres. Kraut rock, shoegaze, IDM, Zeuhl, etc.

Mu died to me around 2009, i no longer value its opinion, and im pretty burned out on all music now, because the internet allows you to be a kid in a candy store.
Before the internet i guess i was always a sort of hipster, always had it in me, i was a plebe hipster. I would listen to black flag and weezer while the rest of the kids were listening to i dont fucking know. blink 182, and lil wayne or some shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.