[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's August already, what should be added/changed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 2017.jpg (824KB, 1277x1645px) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
824KB, 1277x1645px
It's August already, what should be added/changed?
>>
>>74476453
Where is Bob Dylan?
>>
>>74476453
I seriously hope you don't write off any of these albums because they are on this chart
>>
>>74476453
fuck off montie
>>
>>74476491
I think you're wrong, but here, let me help you.

The anti-poseurcore movement is what /mu/ needs. Music should always be seen on one field. We need less elitism not more.

Why? It creates discussion.

There is no such thing as entry-level and such, only good and bad albums that are subjective. People need to stop acting like /mu/core and well known and well liked indie albums are somehow bad because a lot of people like and respect them. That shows insecurity with your own taste.

That being said, go exploring, go like whatever music you want to like, but don't rub it in the face of others that you have different taste. Talk about it with them, say "hey I found this cool album if you like _______ you should check it out".

Our mission is simple. We want to end the pathetic competition for "good" taste on /mu/ that the nu-males on /daily/ created. Music should be for fun, not for showing off. Enjoy music for music. Poseurs will hang.
>>
>>74476563
we would like to take this opportunity to inform you on a regrettable subculture which has been forming on our beloved /mu/.

>WHAT IS THEIR NAME?

Poseurs.

>WHAT IS THEIR DEAL?

Poseurs are people who go out of their way to cultivate an image of being interesting, by and large through doing their best to cultivate a "sophisticated" music taste.
HOWEVER, as these people have no self-sufficiency of their own, or any knowledge or familiarity with music beyond the pop sphere presented on sites such as Pitchfork, the best they can do to cultivate that image is to go on RateYourMusic and sheepishly drone the top-rated albums of whatever niche genre they think will bring them the most "patrician" or "underground" or "sophisticated" credibility.

IF you were to question them on the merit an album they claim to be a favorite, they would not be able to provide any substantial opinion or judgment regarding it(only empty buzzwords which they regurgitate without ever giving any thought to what they mean or how they relate to that artist) as in reality they have none of the knowledge which would help them to properly evaluate it.
The vast majority of them don't know music theory or have any sort of education(whether through personal exploration or professional education) on music/art history and have no familiarity with the origins, backgrounds and histories of their "favorite" genres, albums and artists. Their education begins and ends with RYM pages and lists and /mu/ chart thread images.

More effort goes into building up the perfect "patrician" RYM profile and curve using the perfect combination of albums and ratings than into actually trying to understand and genuinely appreciate what they are hearing.

This utter dilettantism and ignorance, however, does not prevent them from nurturing severe superiority complexes which serve as fuel for regular mockery, ridicule and debasement of the rest of this fine board's residents.
>>
>>74476563
Anti-poseurcire movement is exactly the opposite of what we need

Why should we reprimand people for trying to expand their tastes and further their interest in music? /mu/core may very well be the start of most people's musical journey here but it should not be their end as well. The problem you get with anti-poseur is that people use it as an excuse to listen exclusively to /mu/core as anything else is bad due to its status as outside the norm and therefore poseur

If anything we need more elitism to encourage people to listen to more music and more variety rather than the stagnant board we have now with people talking about the same indie albums with no actual discussion
>>
>>74476613
>WHAT ABOUT GENRES?

Genres popular among poseurs include, among others: jazz and its variants, industrial music, noise and its variants, "world music" and its variants, non-dance-oriented electronic music and its variants, "smart pop" music, "experimental" music in general.

>WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Because poseurs make this board a more toxic and uninviting place.
Because they fuel tension and antagonism.
Because their use of music as an ego-building tool sets a bad example.
Because, ultimately, their mentalities regarding music, art and their fellow man are just no good.

>IS THERE A SPECIFIC PLACE ON /MU/ WHERE POSEURS CONGREGATE?

Yes. The hottest beds of poseur activity on /mu/ are the /RYM/, /daily/ and Top 100 album chart general threads.
Take note of the mentalities with which music is approached in these threads and you are bound to find even more repulsive details than have been exposed in this thread.

Lesser quantities of poseurs can also be found in threads such as the Last.fm threads and the 3x3 Last.fm collage threads. These are a more benign and inconsequential variety of poseur, but they are poseurs nonetheless.

>Wow, this is some pretty heavy shit to take in. WHAT SHOULD I DO? HOW CAN I HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS?

That, friend, is entirely up to you.

This has been an informative thread regarding the subject of POSEURCORE. Thank you for your attention,

- The /mu/ Anti-Poseur Initiative
>>
autism speaks
>>
>>74476563
>>74476613
>>74476708
shut the fuck off montie, you like oasis
>>
>>74476695
Haha no, the goal is not to listen to exclusively /mu/core but to listen actually good music
>>
>>74476563
>We need less elitism not more
Fuck you, newfag. This place is not and has not been elitist for a long while and quality keeps decreasing. It's the lack of elitism what's killing /mu/.

>>74476695
Fucking this!
>>
>>74476748
That's not what I see from the anti-poseur shit on here. Any non mucore album or artist here gets shat on and called poseur
>>
While I think that the posercore chart isn't the right way to approach it, I definitely think that we need to chill on both the elitism and the completely opposite anti-elitism completely. Elitism led to having all these tripfags dominating the board all of who would have these obscure ass albums on their chart but would know next to nothing about the actual music they listened to, the peak of which was Abelian who was as phony as it got. But the opposite end also didn't encourage discussion either, the kind of anti-elitism that's on the other end only encourages meme posting. At the end of the day, one's taste can be whatever they want it to be provided there's actual MUSICAL discussion. But some form or another of shitposting whether it's memes or fake made-up tastes will always dominate this board.
>>
>>74476453
somebody explain why doopee time is poseur. It's a neat concept and has some fun songs on it. I;m not sure about the skits but they work if you're in a certain mood
>>
>>74476732
As a regular member of the anti-poseurcore assembly I have to leave things clear and announce that Montie is not part of the movement, we are aware of the bad rep he gave to us (on purpose) and we have nothing to do with him. He's not just a poseur but also an embryo
>>
File: 1486871824255.gif (11KB, 125x127px) Image search: [Google]
1486871824255.gif
11KB, 125x127px
>>74476708
autism?
>>
>>74476917
fuck off montie
>>
>>74476951
Yes, we really want him to fuck off from our movement
>>
>>74476453
Of all Merzbow releases, why Hybrid Noisebloom?
>>
File: you.png (616KB, 730x756px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
616KB, 730x756px
this has nothing to do with pretentiousness
while inaccessible ≠ good, inaccessible ≠ bad
many of the albums on that list are fantastic and the charts are meant to showcase albums you like
i dont participate on chart threads or go on 4chan as much as i used to but pic related
>>
>>74478917
chocolate icecream fucking blows you faggot
>>
I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying but you do realize that by posting reductionist lists and arbitrarily classifying things as "___-core" based on your own subjective criteria that you are engaging in the same sort of dismissive elitism you seek to oppose, right?
>>
>>74479034
meant for
>>74476563
>>
Needs Svitlanan Nianio, Ihor Cymbrows'kyj, Catherine Jauniaux, Natalie Rose LeBrecht and Promyshlennaya Arkhitektura
>>
>>74476748
>actually good music
Shouldn't it be "music they sincerely enjoy", Mr. subjectivity? And if that happens to be more experimental forms of music you shouldn't chastise people for that.
>>
>>74476563
>Our mission is simple
oh fuck off montie, everyone on this board heard how your gf actually cucked you irl. sad.
>>
>>74479161
the best part about this is that he's LITERALLY a KEK
>>
>>74479161
>>74479211
shit, c.u.c.k.
>>
>>74476453
>Uberfallig
wow rood
>>
>>74479065
Thanks those will be studied so they can submitted for vote at the assembly
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.