[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After seven years on /mu/, I've realized the truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1455409914048.png (602KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
1455409914048.png
602KB, 680x693px
Ya'll cowards only care for musical technique, and I only care for musical a e s t h e t i c.

Where can I go to find music based on its a e s t h e t i c? I wanna create themed playlists but it's hard to do that off of /mu/ recommendations.

And don't say reddit they have shit taste there.
>>
>>74474260
you can't really think that after seven years on /mu/
the fuck are you on about
>>
File: 1455948327706.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455948327706.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>74474273
It's the only way I can comprehend the massive disconnect between what I ask for and what I have gotten over the years. What I comprehend as the soul of the song - its aesthetic, its style, the emotions the sounds evoke - has always been absent from any recommendations I receive. At best, I get something from the same genre, but then what I get feels like the difference between Star Wars and Turkish Star Wars.
>>
>>74474401
maybe you're dumb
>>
I know that this is bait, but this is something I see ll the time and actually bugs the shit out of me. So many people who claim to be into music are there strictly for interesting textures. Those same people will then go and dismiss music with great songwriting because it's not gimmicky enough. Guess what? That's actually exactly how top40 pop music works, and you're just the another side of that same coin. It ends up creating this throwaway scene of "new is best" and a fetish for uniqueness. Nothing of value ends up being created and we just move between different flavours of the month. At least top40 mainstream pop is self aware. A lot of music fans are so pretentious about it, but when you boil it down, they're just there for muh cool sound effects
>>
>>74474260
it took you seven years?
lol dumbass
>>
>>74474260
It’s because people experience a e s t h e t i c s differently. /mu/ is diverse enough that for any cool aesthetic style, there will be someone who hates it and shits all over anyone who thinks its cool. Eventually /mu/tants come to “learn” that it’s useless trying to be cool (aka adhering to any certain aesthetic). I think this contributes to the throwaway culture and fetish for uniqueness. We’re all just searching for something that hasn’t been called out as lame yet
>>
I really like strange sounds and combinations of sounds. Currently getting into Black Dice. Paw Tracks Records has a lot of really interesting-sounding acts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFVQYMqiOU4
>>
>>74475258
11/10, anon, I haven't heard noise of that quality since Amlux.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.