[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one fall so far from the top?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

How can one fall so far from the top?
>>
idk but he did, i always thought he sucked IMO

but is it because his music declined in quality or what he said about BLM?
>>
>>74469688
Have you listened to any of his stuff from 2004-2010?
>>
>>74469507
He's a somewhat above average pop rapper who had his moment, much like Nelly, Vanilla Ice, Lil John etc. His pure rapping ability was elite but his content was always incredibly vapid and repetitive. I wouldn't even say that he "fell off" because in my mind, he basically lived up to his potential and said everything he needed to say by 2011 or so.
>>
>>74469939
Your average pop rapper doesnt effortlessly release as much good content as he did during his mixtape era.
>>
>>74469939
comparing lil wayne to nelly, vanilla ice and lil john is hilarious. yes he made pop music but the difference once his pop hits were actually decent, and his hip hop records solidify him as a modern day great.
>>
Probably because he's generic pop/rap garbage. His guitar solos were amazing though!
>>
File: lil-wayne-2015-03-05.png (552KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
lil-wayne-2015-03-05.png
552KB, 639x481px
>pushed da limelight away so i can live free baby
>>
>>74471322
>>>r/youtubecomments
>>
>>74469507
He didn't follow the drill/trap/mumble trends that are dominating the charts now.

Drake did so and now Drake is still relevant.
>>
>>74471916
Lil Wayne started mumble rap
>>
>>74469507
Wayne is a legend
>>
>>74469507
He didn't hate white people and paid for it with his career.
>>
>>74471916
Yeah, Drake is really riding the mumble rap/drill trend. Definitely.
>>
>>74471916
>>74472572
Drakes relevancy has been on decline since 2015
>>
>>74472674
not sure about that senpai he keeps making huge hits
>>
>>74472674
>people actually believe this
>>
>>74469507
by getting into hiphop
>>
>>74472696
he is making less of those hits and they are declining in mainstream appeal
>>
>>74472674
I would say that this is true post Views. Views was the Drake equivalent of 50 Cent's The Massacre in the sense that it was a mediocre but hugely commercially successful record. Obviously he isn't going to disappear tomorrow but I feel like he's already entered that stage of his career that you saw with Wayne and 50 where their relevance declined over the course of 3 or 4 albums (of which More Life would be the first). His sound is pretty well worn at this point, so if he doesn't come up with a new angle people will shift their focus to all of the young, hyped up rappers entering the game right now.
>>
>>74473078
>His sound is pretty well worn at this point, so if he doesn't come up with a new angle people will shift their focus to all of the young, hyped up rappers entering the game right now.

His fake jamaican accent phase is attributable to this
>>
No one else is going to even acknowledge his label troubles? The reason he fell off isn't because he sucks now or he said some shit about BLM it's because he literally cannot release an album.
>>
File: lil-wayne-tha-carter-4-cover.jpg (2MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
lil-wayne-tha-carter-4-cover.jpg
2MB, 1800x1800px
>>74473193
His troubles started way before
>>
his verse on droppin seeds is good
>>
lil wayne? moar like lol wayne, amirite?
>>
>>74469507
Cocaine.
>>
>>74469507
He saved hip hop music
>>
>>74473227
awful album. liked the intro, interlude, and outro though
>>
https://youtu.be/MnLcj2bBgp8?t=2m10s

Wayne's still got it man. He's still got so many people waiting for C5, even though that would feel dated as shit now.

He can't really make any music or singles because of this Cash Money shit.
>>
Wayne is a legend although his last great release was No Ceilings. The Carter II, Dedication 2 and Da Drought 3 are classic imo.
>>
>>74473193
This, Birdman is holding the album hostage. He released two singles for Carter 5 in 2014(?) and they both got huge buzz and radio play. Then Birdman shelved the album for unknown reasons.
>>
>>74473078
comparing views to the massacre is actually really accurate
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.