[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEYOND: S c a r u f f i c o r e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

listened to all the top 100, what else g-shit is out there.
>>
Do you mean you want other good music or other good music specifically endorsed by Scaruffi?
>>
>>74464319
either or
>>
>>74464357
listen to his 8's and 7.5's now
>>
If listening to 100 records didn't expand your horizons and give you 100s of ideas where to go next then you didn't really listen. You just ticked them off while they played in the background. Listen to them all again and this time listen properly.
>>
>>74464414
This unironically. Fuck sake. How could you be beyond Scarufficore and still come here to ask for recommendations.
>>
>>74464411
yeah been through of his 8s and 7s too

>>74464414
I enjoyed 1/2 of the albums in the list. That being said some of them are my all time favourites, it just seems like some are so unique it is hard to find others that sound anything like them. He's definitely had missed a lot of good albums that I love but more a less what I'm saying is I don't really come by good albums often and would be keen for some suggestions
>>
>>74464430
Its easier copping recs than shifting to mountains of shit to find a nugget of gold. Literally the purpose of /mu/ to share and discuss music
>>
>>74464497
>>74464527
ok start by saying which were your favorites
>>
>>74464555

Favourites:

> All Captain beefheart ones
> Slint
> TVU
> Butthole Surfers
> Residents - Not available
> Red Krayola
> Faust
> RHP
> Robert Wyatt
> John Hassel - Dream Theory
> Sonic youth - Daydream nation
>>
>>74464693
Oh and Built to spill
>>
>>74464693
u try pram, stereolab, and tortoise yet
>>
>>74464300
Listen to every Tangerine Dream album he rated a 2
>>
File: 1402922814202.jpg (72KB, 259x567px) Image search: [Google]
1402922814202.jpg
72KB, 259x567px
>>74464693
In addition to Stereolab and Tortoise (I don't like Pram) like the other anon said, you should also try:

>Can 1969-1974
>Pink Floyd 1967-1971
>Sun City Girls - Torch of the Mystics (look into the rest of their discog, they're genre hopping maniacs and have a ton of variation through their work)
>Dun - Eros
>Frank Zappa - 1966-1979
>John Fahey - On Air + The Great Santa Barbara Oil Slick
>The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
>Soul Coughing - El Oso (fantastically underrated 90's alt/post rock)
>Ween's 90's work
>Boredoms
>the Foetus albums that aren't Nail
>Einsturzende Neubauten
>Wire's first 3 albums
>Primus
>Sly and the Family Stone (1969-1973)
>Beck - Midnite Vultures
>>
>>74464973
also adding:
>Swell Maps
>The Kinks - Village Green Preservation Society + Muswell Hillbillies
>King Crimson - Larks' Tongue in Aspic
>Kaliedoscope - Side Trips
>dEUS - In a Bar, Under the Sea (HIGHLY RECCED)
>Unwound - Fake Train
>>
>>74465026
Mercury Rev?
>>
>>74464727
listened to tortoise extensively but ill check out the other two cheers

>>74464973
>>74465026
Cheers man

>>74465046
Yeah Yerself is steam is good
>>
>>74464300
>>74464693

Listen to Brave Little Abacus. Their 2 albums, if you like it check their EPs and their split album with Matt Aspinwall.
>>
>>74464300

go through his actual written history of rock chronologically

than jazz

and then finally classical
>>
>>74465262
stop recommending your favorite band to everyone just because you like it. you know damn well BLA has nothing to do with the stuff he said he liked.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.