[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Titus Andronicus any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0390.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0390.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
Is Titus Andronicus any good?
>>
Why don't you go listen to them op? I like them.
>>
Liked them when I was a teen, not so much now
>>
I liked them, and still do, but it sounds like a very entry-level band and I can't help but associate them with my teenage years. If you're from Nee Jersey I'd imagine you'd like them, otherwise it's a solid band, that record specifically is great, but Stickles's voice can be a bit to screamy for some.
>>
>>74462463
yep they're the best punk band right now
>>
The Monitor is the only album I really like. TMLT was way too much filler.
>>
>>74462966
how do you feel about Local Business? Personally it's grown to be my favourite, used to think the production was kinda weak but I love how everything has so much space and warmth.
>>
>>74462463
Numale Springsteen
>>
that album is alright but the production is pretty bad
>>
>>74462463
As long as you're willing to look up some of the geographical references they're absolutely fantastic
>>
>>74462463
No, they're a hipster Green Day, in the worst way possible
>>
>>74463060
Why do people draw comparisons between them when they are nothing alike?
>>
>>74462463
Pretty damn good. The Monitor's a 10/10 as far as I'm concerned, their other albums are more uneven but still pretty decent.

THE ENEMY IS EBRYWHERE

>>74463124
I like it desu. Fits the music. Do agree it's objectively bad, though.

>>74462740
Got any further recs for stuff that's not entry level?
>>
>>74464080
I'm not some punk expert but in regards to recent stuff Jeff Rosenstock, Los Campesinos, Cloud Nothings, and Surf Curse are good.
>>
>>74464143
I know Rosenstock, heard his stuff in Arrogant Sons of Bitches and think I listened to one of his solo albums. He's okay. I'll check the others, thanks.

My favorite modern punk artist is Pat Schneeweis, or Pat The Bunny, or any of his other 20 aliases. Anything by him is my rec, start from when he went by Johnny Hobo and go onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ltWb3vaFs
>>
>>74462463
Tried listening to them once a few years ago. They suck. They sound like a shitty mix between the Offspring and 80s folk rock (i.e. Springsteen, Mellencamp).
>>
>>74464009
do u even leave ur house?
>>
Airing Of Grievances is way better than The Monitor in my opinion.
>>
Airing Of Grievances>The Monitor>The Lamentable Tragedy>Local Business.

Saw them live around a year ago, they were great.
>>
Felt like a better Menzingers album, but that isn't saying much. Essential "I'm past college, but not by much, and have no friends" core
>>
>>74463055
Has some of their best songs, especially the first three, but most of the songs are just okay relative to the rest of their stuff.
>>
One of the only good NJ bands
>>
If you can get past Pat's voice, they are a top-tier 10s band. If you can't, you won't like them, which is understandable.
>>
Airing of Grievances - 8
The Monitor - 8
Local Business - 5
The Most Lamentable Tragedy - 5
what the fuck happened
>>
AOG - 7
Monitor -10
LB- 9
TMLT - 8
>>
>>74467729
The first quarter is meh, because its about being a depressed fuckup. One song of that would have been OK to set up the story, didn't need four of them. Magic Morning onwards is 9/10 outside of the filler, which can always be skipped.
>>
>>74464009
Do you mean in the sense that The Monitor is arguably a direct upgrade from American Idiot?
>>
>>74462463
Yes
>>
>>74462463
More perfect union is pretty ebin T.B.H.

>AS A NATION OF FREE MEN
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.