[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else sometimes just stop listening to music they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1498621728204.jpg (72KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1498621728204.jpg
72KB, 543x549px
Does anyone else sometimes just stop listening to music they used to love? When I was 11 I loved MGMT now I hardly listen to them. When I was 13 I loved Crystal Castles now I only listen to I'm Not In Love sometimes. What does it mean? Do I hate these artists now?
>>
>>74461002
I'm sure you just got sick of listening to them so much. You'll revisit them in a few years
>>
>>74461002
Yeah I did the same thing but with genres. I used to be a big bassfag and into dubstep shit then I liked more heavy weirdass shit like disturbed. Now im kinda into rap mostly but just whatever sounds good to my ears really. Its just the natural change you have over time. I still enjoy some subgenres of dubstep and heavy metal every once in a while but nothing nearly as far out like disturbed. Im sure my music tastes will change within the next couple years as well. Just kinda goes getting older and getting exposed to more music that you think sounds good at the time. Youll defiantly revisit those artist as I like to revisit disturbed and remeber how much more of a weird little shit I was and be glad im not like that.
>>
>>74461002
Do you watch the same TV shows and movies or read the same books now as you did when you were 11 years old? Of course not. you grew out of it.
>>
>>74461018
>>74461117
I revisited Paramore earlier this year and it wasn't bad, but it felt weird. Like I still knew most of the words but the love/magic isn't there. That's not weird?
>>
>>74461002
I used to love MGMT too. I still like them but I've found other music that's better
>>
>>74461142
I still watch Doctor Who, but I haven't been enjoying it that much. And I don't even read books anymore.
>>
It just means that your taste has gone for a different nuance. You never quite outgrow stuff because very rarely we stop liking the core of what made us attracted to something in the first place. You don't watch the same stuff you did as a kid, but at the same time you probably seek similar sensations and how they relate to it all.
>>
>>74461161
>that's better
>>
>>74461191
Does anything last, anon?
>>
>>74461219
Your core, your essence... That lasts. I mean, obviously you're gonna have development as you grow and experience more stuff. But people have different things they like at the core of their personality, different sensations they seek; and that can manifest in many different ways. People can like the same band for very different reasons.

Nothing lasts forever, but everything lasts for a while. You only die when you're forgotten.
>>
>>74461202
go home tumblrfag
>>
>>74461219
loneliness
>>
>>74461002
certain music has a place in certain times in your life. The music that really means something to you tends to become a memory trigger for a certain time-period or era of your experience. As time moves on, you have to leave that old experience/time frame (and thus the music that signified it) in the past.
>>
>>74461160
I feel the same about blink-182 now
>>
>>74462482
triggered.
>>
>>74462581
that fucking sucks. I hate needing to start over.
>>
I'm 26 and still listen to Children of Bodom sometimes...I can't listen to it too much because it reminds me of my first girlfriend though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVgTSWntH0w
>>
>>74463798
>having ever had a girlfriend

get off my board Chad reee
>>
>>74463949
>Children of Bodom
>Chad

pick none

Also she was into emo and had a mustache, nothing to be proud of honestly
>>
>>74464036
still counts.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.