[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obscurity =/= good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: Smug anime girl.png (58KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
Smug anime girl.png
58KB, 206x206px
Obscurity =/= good
>>
duh
>>
When you are unremarkable and uninteresting, you'll latch onto anything to convince yourself that you're special.

But no one is.
>>
>>74453692
>>74453719
by the same token, popular != good
>>
>>74453692
Your opinion =/= valuable
>>
>>74453746
This.

Good music is good music despite if it's marketed with big dollars or not.
>>
>>74453692
Nobody says it does. People are saying that you shouldn't disregard more obscure music because it can be just as good but not as popular. People hate on you for listening to entry level shit because you obviously don't have a genuine enough interest in music to want to explore further than what is thrust upon you by /mu/
>>
>Inb4 Avant Fag of Mu
>>
>>74453692
Also doesn't change the fact there is too many normie threads here.
>>
>>74453692
=/= != ≠
>>
>>74453795
Fuck off
>>
do you guys like huey lewis and the news
>>
>>74453795
Leave or hide them
>>
>>74453692
Most of the music /mu/ listens to isn't obscure.
Try listening something that isn't top 40 or industry plant teencore.
>>
>>74453907
>Most of the music /mu/ listens to isn't obscure.
and who's claiming otherwise?
>>
>>74453886
Uniroically Sports has some good songs on it
>>
>>74453886
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
>>
>>74453905
Or do the positive and constructive thing by telling them to fuck off.
>>
>>74453924
The crossboarder who came here and got triggered when people shat on his taste which even normies would abhor.
>>
>>74453907
It's literally clogged up with normie taste to the point nothing but normie music can be discussed.

Which isn't even necessary since normie music can be discussed anywhere and doesn't need an anonymous internet board.
>>
>>74453905
they still take up catalog space whether you hide them or not
>>
>>74453782
Plenty of people on /mu/ will say that obscure = good
>>
>>74454046
This.
>>
>>74454078
wrong
>>
>>74454046
Good point
>>
>>74454078
Well, if you find an obscure album that turns out to be good, you can share it and everyone wins.

If you just listen to entry level stuff and try to talk about it, you'll be making a thread that's been made a thousand times before.
>>
>>74454144
Tell the people hogging up catalogue space with several normie threads that don't need to exist to fuck off.
>>
Seeing threads like this I'm glad I'm not 17 years old anymore.
>>
>>74454244
Happy birthday!
>>
https://debrisoftitan.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>74453692
Yeah because the obscure has an aura of the arcane.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.