[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian /mu/ that has tried to make us believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "redditor" who is "born in le wrong generation" and there's probably some racial element to it too. Rap music has no staying power. All of rap is just a neo-rockist sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. Rap is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone "raps" over it. The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "rapper", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like cLOUDDEAD and Atmosphere to the "golden days" of Public Enemy and Eric B. and Rakim to instrumental stuff like J Dilla and DJ Shadow to the 90s with Nas and Mobb Deep to the CLT approved A Tribe Called Quest and Digital Planets to today like Kendrick and Kanye. All rap is meme rap. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on /mu/ and seeing a million Kanye threads (none of which are about music btw).
>>
music is literally a meme
>>
>>74451741
Rock is actually the single worst genre in music. I know fags like to say 'haha i like anything except country haha xD XD' but let's be real. First of all, if you say that unironically I hate you and second of all, it really should be rock. Let's take a fuckin look at 'rock' music. Let's take a look at one of the most popular rock bands, Radiohead. The name 'rock' implies music you can 'rock' out to, but who the fuck actually wants to rock out to some whiny depressing pony tail man wailing over beats that sound like they were made by Aphex Twin's retarded half-brother who likes putting guitar over things. If I ever want to kill myself but can't quite commit, all I have to do to push me over the edge is listen to Kid A. If one of the most popular bands in a genre makes me want to commit suicide, how can you call it a good genre?
>>
>>74451777
>I just realized rock is a dumb umbrella and that post-rock, 80s prog, hard rock and the beatles don't belong in the same genre: the post
>>
Does anyone else remember wwwwwwwwwwwww spamming the board? Is it bad I kind of miss him?
>>
>>74451741
>>74446012
>>
>>74451943
You have 10 seconds to name a rock band from the last 25 years that is both critically acclaimed and culturally relevant. Please note that commercial success is not synonymous with cultural relevance.
Impossible Mode: No Nirvana.
Oh wait, you can't.
R.I.P Rock
Please note:
The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand, The Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Bloc Party, The Libertines, Blur, Pulp, Suede, and Interpol are not culturally relevant, as they have had no real cultural impact. You're not going to hear their music being played at a high school dance or have a large number of normies sharing them on Facebook or in the future remembering them the way you would a contemporary artist who actually has made a cultural impact (e.g. Beyonce, Kendrick, Kanye) Jack White is not a culturally relevant artist. Seven Nation Army may be a culturally relevant track but having only one culturally relevant track indicates a lack of longevity and thus a lack of cultural relevance as artists. Weezer only have one critically acclaimed album and it came out 23 years ago. Muse, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Tool, Kings of Leon, The 1975, Alt-J, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Mumford & Sons, and Red Hot Chili Peppers are not critically acclaimed. The Flaming Lips, Sufjan Stevens, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, The National, The Hold Steady, Dinosaur Jr, Deerhunter, Mac DeMarco, Porcupine Tree, Beach House, Ween, Titus Andronicus, Bon Iver, Pixies, Spoon, Pavement and Modest Mouse are far too niche to be considered culturally relevant. This is also true for all metal. R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen, and U2 have not been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years. LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead and Arcade Fire are not rock bands
>>
>>74452056
ebin xd
>>
>>74451755
this unironically
>>
>>74451741
Unironically this
>>
fedora.jpg
>>
>>74452301
>When the rapfags pull a "no u"

Absolute anal devestation
>>
>>74451741
bigboys
>>
Feels good being white and based bros.
>>
>>74451755
Life is a meme
>>
The entire genre of rock is a meme, all rock is meme rock, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian /mu/ that has tried to make us believe rock is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "redditor" who is "born in le wrong generation" and there's probably some racial element to it too. Rock music has no staying power. All of rap is just a neo-rockist sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "edgy" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rock stars are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. Rock is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rock rythem just uses a few strings (MUHH "3 String song"), and adding a repetive hook while "sings " over it while not even hitting complex notes . The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves playing a few strings speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "rock star", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like Hendrix and Rolling to the "golden days" of Gun's N Roses and AC/DC. and Rush to instrumental stuff like to the 90s with Nickleback and Korn to the Red Hot Chilli perpers and /mu/ approved Nirvana and Smashing pumpkins to today like Foo fighters and the killers. All rock is meme rock. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board.

>I'm sick of coming on /mu/ and seeing a million Kanye threads (none of which are about music btw).

I won't change that part though because you have a good point there.
>>
>>74452056
Alright, I'll bite
>Culturally relevant = loved by normies
>Caring about being loved by normies above all else
Why do you care about being beloved by normies rather than the music being good to you as an individual?
>>
>>74452436
>not even hitting complex notes
>complex notes
Nigger what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>74452436
This wasn't a good comeback dude

>a complex note

please stop,also GnR and AC/DC aren't considered to be in the golden age of rock you dumbass,I mean if you're gonna shit on rock at least know something about it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.