[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is danceable music all trashy ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: FDZnmuu.gif (1MB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
FDZnmuu.gif
1MB, 200x155px
Is danceable music all trashy ?
>>
occasionally, dance music has transcended the realm of art music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtUXVL-43Y
>>
Music cannot be good if it sounds good.
>>
>>74447971
All music is danceable.
>>
>>74448076
No.
>>
>>74447971
excuse me what did you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29alrSNz7U
>>
>>74448797
>excuse me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRlDo3JuzfI
>>
>>74447971
no but ur mum is
>>
>>74447999
what the FUCK are y'all up to across the pond
>>
>>74447971
>>74446012
>>
>>74448878
oh not this corporate-made kpop bullshit again
>>
>>74448928
it's the 2017 SOTY as decided by the kpop general so put some respect on it
>>
>>74448917
forcing a meme that hard
>>
>>74448092
https://youtu.be/XbULM0bTPs8
>>
>>74448951
trying to fix this board.
>>
>>74448972
That was nice but doen't prove anything
>>
>>74448991
It will take more than that
>>
>>74448945
>2017 SOTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qr4SwcmAS4
>>
>>74449037
put it in the trash my guy
>>
>>74448945
i didnt know because i filter kpop generals, i like listening to music made by actual artists to push artistic boundaries and not studied around marketing trends and impressionable fanboys
>>
>>74449065
they are artists, they performed that song
>>
>>74449032
yeah hopefully someone else will get on board one day.
>>
>>74447971
GET YOUR BACK UP OFF THE WALL
>>
>>74449076
Not really...

I mean loosely they are artists...

but in the loosest sense of the word...

They are pretty silicon faces of mass souless marketing and that's it.
>>
>>74448991
a good solution would be NOT discerning arbitrarily what """"patrician"""" and """"normie""" is, and NOT castrating good&healthy discussion on "mainstream" music (as long as it's intelligent discussion)
>>
>>74449098
they're all natural actually and their personalities are amazing if you get to know them
they are human too you know
>>
>>74449084
because i heard...
>>
>>74449103
Nah we don't need 80 percent of this board dedicated to normie music while threads discussing jazz, turntablism, funk or reggae die.

You can discuss normie music everywhere and with almost anyone.. you don't need a special place for it.
>>
>>74449076
they are performancers, executioners, not artists
there's not art involved as there's no reasoning mind behind it all, just numbers of how much money the company can get and how much the fanbase can increase and buy the merch

>>74449118
>if you get to know them
oh because you're close friends with them? or you just saw a diluted and "public appearance" version of them on an interview? stop this bs please
>>
>>74449058
3 Japanese little girls doing better K-pop than everything in the last 5 years
>>
File: Entertainment!.jpg (91KB, 352x350px) Image search: [Google]
Entertainment!.jpg
91KB, 352x350px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>74449168
but they also compose the song and write the lyrics and the vocalists are some of the top in the world

and i don't have to know them personally to see how they truly are
i can tell just by looking and hearing them speak
>>
>>74449118
But you realize that being a pop star is literally just a usual job there? Like it is basically a market where they train all these girls from a young age exactly the same and then filter them into labels they own, from there they're paired with a group of other girls and assigned their "role" or part in the group. Just like some ridiculous anime stereotype type stuff. Etc. This girl is the nice one, this is the edgy one, and you're the one who makes sexual innuendos and shit like that, they're told that those are their personalities for the group they're in. Look into it, the Korean pop industry is crazy.
>>
>>74449202
into the bin my guy deadass
>>
>>74449219
they get chosen because they have great personalities, that stuff can't be trained

this particular group doesn't have any of those different personalities, they're all cute and amazing
>>
>>74449219
Sounds like a Korean version of the spice girls desu.
>>
>>74449207
oh yeah? they compose everything? whoa i didnt know they had the genial musical/aesthetical insight of ripping off 98% of western music and regurgitating it as insipid and endlessly derivative danceable anthems-for-the-deaf (while also putting some TRAP music in it because that's what get asses moving in 2k17)

also
>vocalists some of the top in the world
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha they ain't shit the first half-assed gospel choir member is better than the whole korean population summed up
>>
>>74449382
alright you don't know anything at all so stop now before you get embarrassed
>>
>>74449405
oh please embarrass me you little fangirl
>>
>>74449447
you're already doing it yourself, kpop is real art and you just have to accept that
>>
What is this thread anymore ?
>>
File: Anime-dance_o_826631.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Anime-dance_o_826631.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Gangstas dont dance they boogie
>>
>>74449466
ITT: unconfident and narrow-minded and tasteless kpop fans explore other parts of /mu with bad results
>>
>>74449463
and yet you didnt talk about the actual music at all. what makes it "good" for you besides it's your favorite pussyowner that sings it? does it moves music forward? does it explores new sounds and aesthetics never heard/seen before? has it a sonic relevance? has it lyrical incisiveness? do concept and execution match?
it's called "discussing music" and not "comparing waifus" like kpop generals, sorry
>>
>>74449602
it makes me happy, has your music ever done that for you, you sad little man
>>
>>74449624
it makes me happy, melancholic, euphoric, enthusiastic, reflective, dreamy, and everthing music does to (normal) people on a daily basis
the really sad thing is that it's not the actual music that you listen to that makes you happy, but the CONTEXT around it, such as the appearance of who sings it
>>
>>74448038
Music is sound.....
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.