[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Phil Spector Production?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: the-ronettes-be-my-baby.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the-ronettes-be-my-baby.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>
/thread
>>
On Brian Wilson, the Beach Boys leader and songwriting legend who battled mental illness for years, Spector declared, "I don't feel sorry for Brian Wilson. I never thought he was that talented to begin with [...] I'd be more impressed if somebody with a brain idolized me."
>>
You've Lost That Loving Feeling or River Deep, Mountain High
>>
its not a better song than be my baby but "awaiting on you all" is probs one of his most impressive production jobs
>>
>>74447635
Really? I'll have to look this up.
>>
>>74447539
I still don't understand the hype or maybe I need to hear a very high quality recording of it. I am supposed to hear numerous instruments on top of each other in that chorus, but I can only hear a drum and a melted mixture of everything else without anything decipherable. Can someone enlighten me?
>>
>>74447672
thats the point of "wall of sound", everything is just supposed to blend together into one singular sound, that being the wall of sound. the combination of various different instruments and instruments of the same general type fuse together to make a new sound
>>
>>74447539
>actually discussing a murderer

whew
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 172x90px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 172x90px
>>74447741
>>
>>74447741
Are you being serious? Lmao
>>
>>74447539
Both Spector and Cohen's masterwork
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJp01asKgg
>>
>>74447672
>>74447689
Yeah, it can be easy to not appreciate what Spector did because the idea of a "wall of sound" is so widespread now that you probably don't even notice it. Even Punk bands nowadays have multiple layers of instrumentation on their albums. Listen to some pre-Spector Rockabilly or whatever and compare it to any given Ronettes or Crystals single and you can see where the innovation lies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.