[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best mainstream pop songs of this decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

Off the top of my head: Ain't it fun, Uptown Funk, 24k magic, Get Lucky, Redbone.
>>
Hotline Bling
>>
All of the lights
>>
File: dab.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
dab.png
66KB, 554x400px
party rock anthem
>>
xo tour llif3 is the only pop song i liked so far in 2017

what's the series on the right?
>>
This song is fucking great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Dur3uXXCQ
>>
Pumped up Kicks
>>
It's either Pumped Up Kicks,Get lucky or Somebody that I used to know now delete this shitty thread
>>
>>74446982
Starboy. Also XRA is only a bit better than Rick and Morty, at least for the first two seasons. We'll have to see how the next episodes turns out
>>
Uptown Funk and Anaconda are my favorites
Stupid Hoe is the best one though (objectively speaking)
>>
>>74446982
the whole 24k magic album, uptown funk, doo whops and hooligans album
>>
For me, it has to be Loyal by Chris Brown.
>>
File: 145864091477.jpg (38KB, 423x472px) Image search: [Google]
145864091477.jpg
38KB, 423x472px
>>74446982
>>74447167
>>
>>74447540
Wow this isn't a meme I've seen before
>>
>>74446982
What doth life?
>>
212, Somebody That I Used to Know, some Kanye track, You Don't Know You're Beautiful
>>
>>74446982
blurred lines

catchy as fuck, everyone liked it, then everybody hated it because it was misogynist. really sums up the second half of the teens
>>
>>74446982
Midnight City, Pumped Up Kicks, and Redbone are the three best easily. Everything else is a bit crappy.
>>
>>74447774
shit, forgot Somebody That I Used to Know
>>
>>74447059
xavier: renegade angel
>>
every single one of katy perry's singles
>>
Somebody That I Used to Know, Royals, Call Me Maybe, Uptown Funk, Happy
>>
>>74447752
This this this
>>
>>74447774
>>74447790
>>
Wrong it's everything Lady Gaga ever made
>>
>>74446982
holy fuck i love this picture
>>
>>74447059
the sad rap meme

>>74446982
Basically bruno mars and kendrick
>>
>>74447024
>>74446012
>>74447167
>>74446012
>>
>>74447752
"The song says: 'You know you want it.' Well, you can't know they want it unless they tell you they want it.""

You cannot tell me that isnt a load of fucking presumptious bullshit. And for alli this time i thought people had legit reasons. literally barfing all over my cock rn
>>
DES
>>
>>74446982
It's nice to see my OC being posted across different boards

Also blurred lines and what OP mentioned pretty much
>>
>>74448969
despite being the most popular song on youtube, this song does nothing unique or interesting
i'm certain it's just an industry plant
>>
>>74449071
CITO
>>
>>74449071
Yeah I think it's just view bots, as well as the other song that got a lot of views recently, since it had no huge meme surrounding it
>>
>>74448960
The difference between dirty talk and being a creep is context. Maybe if you ever used your disgusting cock you'd know
>>
>>74447752
That song fucking sucks. One thing I'm glad SJWs killed. Annoying and repetitive as hell. Cheesy lyrics too.
>>
I think Adele makes pretty good mainstream pop music. Rolling in The Deep, When We Were Young, and Skyfall are good examples
>>
>>74449107
He's singing about a woman who's already in a relationship but who is flirting with him in a club. This woman described by Robin as a "good girl" has almost been "domesticated" through her relationship with her partner but can't resist the urge to have a fling with a self styled "bad boy" - Thicke.

During the "will she/won't she cheat on her boyfriend" throes of flirtation Thicke cheekily and playfully taunts her "I know you want it" - "It" being an intimate liaison with the lusty Robin. This kind of libidinous braggadocio has been a staple of RnB and pop music since the 60s, probably even before then.

Why has Robin Thicke become a target for such willful misrepresentation in the media when there's so many actual unpleasant and misogynistic references scattered throughout so much rap music from the mid 80s onwards?

Theres some context for you bitch
>>
>>74446982
What is the second show in that meme?
>>
>>74448943
What's your pick then
>>
>>74449269

Xavier: Renegade Angel. Pure kino.
>>
>>74449026
do you actually believe what you made though?
>>
File: 1493514124674.jpg (92KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
1493514124674.jpg
92KB, 620x412px
>>74449264
Because he looks like this and his last name is Thicke

Tell me he wasn't literally born to be a horndog
>>
This is just mainstream in general

Adele – When We Were Young (she needs to do an album with just Ariel Rectshaid producing so she gets a fuller sound)
Beyoncé – Pretty Hurts
Charli XCX – Boom Clap
Drake – Tuscan Leather
Gotye – Somebody That I Used to Know
FKA twigs – Two Weeks
Frank Ocean – Novacane
Frank Ocean – Pyramids
Janelle Monáe – Primetime
Justin Timberlake – Pusher Love Girl
Kanye West – Runaway
Kanye West – Clique
Kendrick Lamar – Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
Kendrick Lamar – Alright
Lorde – Tennis Court
M83 – Midnight City
Pusha T – Numbers on the Boards
Radiohead – Lotus Flower
Sky Ferreira – You're Not the One
Schoolboy Q – Collard Greens
Tame Impala – Let It Happen
Taylor Swift – Style
Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
The Weeknd – House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls
The 1975 – The Sound
2 Chainz – Fork
>>
>>74449264
>Why has Robin Thicke become a target for such willful misrepresentation in the media when there's so many actual unpleasant and misogynistic references scattered throughout so much rap music from the mid 80s onwards?
easy, he's white
>>
>>74449338
I forgot
Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away with Me
Danny Brown – 25 Bucks
>>
>>74449306
Of course not. I liked the virgin Chad memes and really disliked the "lol life is meaningless so deep xD" rick and Morty reddit crowd. I watch both shows though.

Ironically some anons have said that the pic has been stolen from here and posted on reddit, I don't know how they reacted to it
>>
>>74449026
You are a god redpilling the masses with patrician taste.
>>
>>74449365
yet teenage girls can sing "I know what boys want" and the likes all they want....talk about blurred fucking lines
>>
You slumber, a cucumber.
>>
I really liked Panda.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.