[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im 27 years old. is it too late to learn piano as a hobby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20170720-WA0004.jpg (21KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0004.jpg
21KB, 500x350px
im 27 years old. is it too late to learn piano as a hobby?
>>
>>74443716
Depends if you want it as a hobby or a career, because a hobby has no time limit, you just learn and play until you die.
>>
Uh, YEAH, you aren't allowed to enjoy new things after you hit 25. I'm honestly a little unsettled by this and might report this thread.
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0003.jpg (29KB, 379x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0003.jpg
29KB, 379x427px
>>74443730
i looked it up local piano courses in my area on the internet and they are all seems like targeting 5 year olds. thats why I'm coruious. i dont wanna be in class filled with fucking 5 yo kids who probably play better than me. this shit would be embarrassing
>>
>>74443786
Get a one on one tutor. My sister used to pay 10 to 20 bucks a lesson. Find someone old.
>>
>>74443716
no
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0002.jpg (26KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0002.jpg
26KB, 640x447px
>>74443730
>>74443900
>>74443908
Okay. Thanks friends.
>>
I'm thinking about trying too. I think I'll buy a cheap digital piano. And I'll probably try to learn with youtube videos and books at first.
>>
just look up youtube tutorials
>>
for a normal person? no

for you? yes
>>
be meticulous about your form and self teaching. Finding good resources on the internet and independent practice is where the real meat of your learning will come from. Always hire a instructor to correct your form, guide your practice some. Also realize now that you will be doing scales for the rest of your life. Learn to love them. You don't need to know all of them, just make the important ones second nature. Also do not skimp at all on theory. In fact, take a community college course on theory if you can. This one mistake I see a lot of people who try and learn an instrument do. If you do this it will be like being in a dark room, and you will lose hope. People who say that theory isn't important and site self trained musicians are full of shit, trust me on this one. Also learn your intervals with lots of solfege. Do your scales faggot. you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't.
>>
Do you need 3 pedals or is only sustain pedal enough?
>>
>>74445307
if you dont already know music theory a few good sites to start learning are teoria.com and musictheory.net, and i dont think you should try learning stuff through youtube desu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.