[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Circa Survive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: circa.jpg (35KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
circa.jpg
35KB, 620x413px
What does /mu/ think of Circa Survive
>>
They're fun and interesting pseudo-prog alt rock, but desu I think Trail of Dead pulled off that whole concept a whole lot more successfully.
>>
>>74440906
I saw them at their On Letting Go tour. mewithoutYou was opening for them.

I went to the concert for mewithoutYou.
>>
>>74441117
How was each band?

Also, I like what I've hard of mewithoutYou, but are they an evangelical band?
>>
>>74441000
I love Trail of Dead, but I think Circa does the prog thing better, mainly because of Anthony Green's unique vocals. Juturna is one of my favorite albums of all time because of this and just the way the instruments sound on it.

>>74441117
I went to that, turned me into a mewithoutyou fan because the live performance was so good. Circa was on point the whole time though, especially with the stage lights and effects.
>>
>>74441133
Turnover was pretty cool (they played first). I liked them more live than on their albums.

mewithoutYou was super fun. I don't know if I'd call them evangelical. They just do the post hardcore stuff with the singer chanting/yelling folksy over, sort of how Rooms of the House went for La Dispute. At their final song some parents and their 4 year old kid came on stage and started dancing and playing the tambourine (I guess they're friends of the band?).

Circa Survive was loud and bombastic and performed very well. I'm just not a big fan of On Letting Go past the first three or so songs. After the second half I just went to the bar area and before I knew it the concert was over.
>>
>>74440906
goddammn the vocals are bad. like why would you do that holy shit lol. so bad
>>
I pretended to like them to get with a girl in high school.
>>
big fan of Blue Sky Noise, especially Frozen Creek . vocals are so annoying but heck i love it
>>
>>74441325
vocals are literally the appeal for me
>>
>>74441702
do you also listen to Rush and Coheed and Cambria? this singer is such an embarassing castrato histrionic prima donna pussy, distills the worst elements of prog rock singing into a grating and legitimately appalling style
>>
>>74441750
EET STAAAAHHTSS AT LAIKA SEEEEEZAN EN RAVAAAASS
>>
He’s a thief in the game Asheron’s Call.
>>
Juturna and On Letting Go are VERY good albums.
>>
>>74441750
yeah Rush is great love Geddy's vocals.
>>
>>74441786
GEEEEET OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTTTT.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.