[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Elliot Smith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Elliott_Smith2.jpg (96KB, 383x545px) Image search: [Google]
Elliott_Smith2.jpg
96KB, 383x545px
Thoughts on Elliot Smith?
>>
>>74440899
St. Ides Heaven is my favorite song
>>
Don't listen to him. If you do, you're going to be stuck listening to nothing but his music for a solid year and half. You'll also be depressed as shit. Fuck, it's just so amazing though.
>>
>>74440932
yup

>>74440944
YUP.
>>
>>74440899
I'm no longer a drug addicted teenager with a meme mental illness so no
>>
>>74440973
no about what?

you didn't answer the question, idiot
>>
okay so everybody thinks this guy is ugly
what the fuck is up with that.
>>
Alex G ripoff
>>
>>74441016
DELET THIS
>>
Wrote 10-15 really good songs

The rest is passable I guess.

If he hadn't killed himself would anyone really care? Probably not.
>>
File: elliottsmith3.jpg (25KB, 541x558px) Image search: [Google]
elliottsmith3.jpg
25KB, 541x558px
>>74441013
He was no model but he wasn't ugly by any means. For a guy who was addicted to every drug in the book, he looked alright.
>>
>>74440989
I do not enjoy his music, it wasn't that hard to figure out anon
>>
>>74441054
ok
>>
>>74441039
>If he hadn't killed himself would anyone really care? Probably not.
Sadly, this is true. If he were still alive today, he'd probably just be a Conor Oberst (just a whiny middle aged dude with an acoustic guitar)
>>
>>74441039
>killed himself
>>
>>74441129
Yeah, he killed himself. Chiba was a cunt but she didn't kill him. She lived off of him and they weren't married. She had absolutely no motive and there's no way she'd screw herself over like that.
>>
>>74441045
nah, he was cute as fuck. too bad his girlfriend couldn't appreciate that.
>>74441039
his first 3 records are impeccable. maybe one or two duds per record. after that, yeah, he was straining his songwriting abilities quite a lot. still what you said seems really insensitive. being able to write 15 really good songs is a win in my book. for all the rough shit, i think he deserved the attention.
>>74440932
as a guitar player, it's even worse when every fucking song you write for months sounds like elliott smith and you forcibly have to pry yourself away from his material.
>>
Thoughts on Elliott Smith:

He was a poet, and he was murdered. He was always really cute but I'm not gay, he's adorable in a childish way. Also unique.
>>
>>74441163
p sure not gay too
but i would make out with him and also let him fuck me in the butt.
>>
>>74441045
>addicted to every drug in the book, he looked alright.
>>74441163
>murdered
sauce?
>>
>>74440899
buddy wrote some masterpieces for sure (Speed Trials, Ballad of Big Nothing...), the unceasing boo-hoo morose shit gets old when listening to a whole lp. underrated guitarist tho, great chord work and just got a really good sound out of the instrument
>>
>>74441219
I don't think his girlfriend did it, I feel like he was set up.

She was medically trained and it's common knowledge to never pull the knife out that's gone in too deep, which she did. He was stabbed twice, and had no hesitation marks, and didn't remove his shirt like most people would. People attribute that to his famous impulsivity, but he wasn't impulsively violent.
>>
What's with so many Elliott Smith threads now?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.