[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Radiohead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: radiohead.jpg (73KB, 945x591px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
73KB, 945x591px
So I've never heard a Radiohead album but everyone says they're really good. I listened to "Creep" but that's the only thing I've heard. It's alright but not enough to get me to start listening to the band. Are they really as good as people say? I've never heard their music but I think they kinda suck (in my opinion). If people seriously think I should start listening to their music I might do it. I just always figured they were a meme and nobody actually likes their albums. Kind of just a band to circlejerk over but never listen to.

Please, serious replies only, I want to read some actual opinions instead of a bunch of immature shitposting. I know "Radiohead' is kind of a beacon for shitposting and meme-comments though so I might be asking too much.
>>
File: 1421188410753.gif (644KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1421188410753.gif
644KB, 245x160px
>>74436577
>>
>>74436577
They're ok. If you like abrasive alt rock listen to Pablo honey if you like more experimental stuff listen to kid A
It just really depends what you like. Listen to a few albums
Or if you don't like albums try listening to karma police and go off that.
>>
>>74436608
Source? For my cousin.
>>
>>74436608
See? This is what I'm talking about. Radiohead fans are incapable of having a mature conversation of music. It's only proving the fact that Radiohead is simply a band to meme-over and exists to create shitposts.

>>74436652
I love albums. I guess it's hard to to give a good sense of my tastes because I listen to so much stuff. Right now I'm listening to PJ Harvey.
>>
Radiohead are very good and I understand why people don't like them. They can seem to be too pretentious but to me that ignores their best 3 albums (The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A).

Pablo Honey: generic alt rock album

Best works that constantly change styles and sounds: The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A

Amnesiac is basically a b-side of Kid A

Hail to the Thief is a sort of return to their rock sound. Its underrated

In Rainbows, King of Limbs, and A Moon Shaped Pool are basically Radiohead stuck in this low fi electronic rock thud
>>
Pablo Honey it's their first album, therefore their "less-radiohead" like
If you actually and unironically wanna get into them, listen some of these albums
>The Bends
"Entry level" as most say, normie friendly, but still good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5h0qHwNrHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qFfFVSerQo

>OK computer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uYWYWPc9H
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHiGbolFFGwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUea0h4DZTs
Good luck,anon
>>
>>74436700
>>74436652
>>74436702

Forgot to mention Kid A
Anyways, tell us what you think later, Op
>>
>>74436577
I felt the same way, I got put off by the people I knew who liked them. They're a good band, but I barely listen to them ever. Try Kid A or OK Computer and if you like it then try out the rest, I guess?
>>
>>74436680
you used to be alright, what happened?
>>
>>74436577
Watch their live performance, anon. You can see Thm yolk dancing like a madman. My fav are Glastonbury 2003 or live from basement.
>>
>>74436577
Pablo Honey is just wannabe grunge and even Radiohead themselves hate the album, Creep especially. Radiohead only really started to find their sound with OK Computer, their third album.

OK Computer and In Rainbows are their most accessible albums, if you don't like those, you won't like their more experimental shit.
>>
>>74436700
>>74436702
>>74436734

Do you think I'd benefit going chronologically to see how they develop or should I just listen to what I think I'd like.

>>74436784
I'm cool with experimental shit. Not trying to toot my own dick because they're liked by a lot of this board but I listen to Julia Holter and Laurel halo, are they more experimental than that?
>>
>>74436750
Not a fan of PJ Harvey or what?
>>
>>74436810
Just listen to whatever you feel like really, and stay far far away from their fans.
>>
>>74436891
Okay, great. That's good advice. I'll try to forget all the baggage I have going into them because I just want to enjoy music without all the dumb fucking hype that comes with it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.