[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Album of the Year (so far) Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Best Album of 2017.png (15KB, 902x475px) Image search: [Google]
Best Album of 2017.png
15KB, 902x475px
What's your AOTY so far?
Anything you're looking forward to in particular?
What was the biggest disappointment so far?
>>
File: prc323-1485441760-640x640.jpg (28KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
prc323-1485441760-640x640.jpg
28KB, 640x640px
>>74432962
Skeptically looking forward to the new QOTSA album
>>
>>74432962
AOTY is Common As Light
Looking forward to Villains, actually
Biggest disappointment was Arca's s/t
>>
>>74432962
Common as light and flowerboy so far
Hyped for destroyer, alvvays, and the war on drugs
>>
It's gonna be out in three days, but based on my full streamed listen from Decibel this just might end up taking it. Better than The Mother Of Virtues with more diverse songwriting while still being intense as fuck.

The only band that's got that Gorguts/Deathspell Omega/Ulcerate technical metal influence that feels like they have their own style thanks to the grindy/hardcore/noise rock influences.

Also manages to have variety in speed and dynamics while still keeping everything raw and intense.

Love the vocalist's change in vocal styles, too between the low growls, the high screams, and that semi clean but still harsh crazy vocals.
>>
File: cover.jpg (106KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
106KB, 500x500px
also my new fav album of all time
>>
>>74432962
>What's your AOTY so far?
Peasant
>Anything you're looking forward to in particular?
Leave Earth and the new Susanne Sundfor
>What was the biggest disappointment so far?
Ty Segall's release this year.
>>
>>74432962
My AOTYSF is Psychic Drift by White Suns or the Gag File by Aaron Dilloway.

Looking forward to the new Godspeed record. Biggest disappointment was the latest Cloud Nothings. Very boring and uninspired in my opinion.
>>
File: circular reasoning.jpg (510KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
circular reasoning.jpg
510KB, 1000x1000px
math rock x free jazz
>>
>AOTY so far
Ulver
>looking forward to
Steven Wilson, Paradise Lost and Leprous
>biggest disappointment
Anathema
>>
>>74432962
im looking forward to destroyer, tera melos, maybe QOTSA, maybe GYBE, LCD soundsystem, deerhoof, ariel pink, METZ and protomartyr
probably still forgetting something
>>
>>74433872
I forgot to answer the other questions
new DG
What was the biggest disappointment so far?
that gorillaz album
>>
>>74433982
Good taste
>>
>>74433982
terrible taste
>>
>What's your AOTY so far?
Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun
Liars - Theme From Crying Fountain
>What was the biggest disappointment so far
Arcade Fire - Everything Now
>>
>>74433872
This one is a banger for sure although I have a love for Digi's last album a bit more. Still pretty solid though and impressive how much he is improving.
>>
File: lp_oml_fbog_021417.jpg (566KB, 2590x1381px) Image search: [Google]
lp_oml_fbog_021417.jpg
566KB, 2590x1381px
actually good shit, but something makes me believe Chester killed himself to make it more viral? or else he did one good job on timing it.
>>
>AOTY
Unironically Flower Boy, it's easily Tyler's best project and I wouldn't remove any song on it. Plus i'm a lonely fuck so this album speaks to me.
>Looking forward to
Those new DOOM tracks Adult Swim is releasing and new Death Grips
>Biggest Disappointment
Either Gorillaz or Alt-J; I would've said Arcade Fire but I never liked those fuckers
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.