[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Proposed 28-story tower would replace Amoeba Music in Hollywood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Amoeba-Sunset2.jpg (473KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Amoeba-Sunset2.jpg
473KB, 1600x1200px
>Amoeba Music, which has been at the location on Sunset Boulevard since 2001, would be demolished and a 28-story residential and commercial tower would take its place.

This fucking sucks. Amoeba music is a landmark in hollywood, they can't do this.

http://abc7.com/business/proposed-28-story-tower-would-replace-amoeba-music-in-hollywood/2284715/?sf104427650=1
>>
don't live in cali don't care.
>>
I swear to god if this happens
>>
>>74431389
What albums has amoeba made
>>
>>74431423
wtf?
>>
>>74431339
Who gives a shit

Fuck music collectors
>>
>To All Concerned,
There has been much speculation about Amoeba's future in LA. We have received a tremendous amount of support from the LA music community throughout the years and this has enabled us to build and grow one of the greatest record stores in the world.
Rest assured, we are NOT closing, but we are now in a position where we may have to change locations in the coming years. By no means does this mean that Amoeba is leaving LA.
We are in discussions to remain at 6400 Sunset beyond our current lease, but we are also exploring our various options and have already been offered several spaces that could suit us well. We will choose what is best at the appropriate time. Amoeba loves LA, we are committed to LA, and we have every intention of remaining in LA.
Amoeba is defined by WHO we are not WHERE we are.
Thank you all for your continued support!

To All Concerned,
There has been much speculation about Amoeba's future in LA. We have received a tremendous amount of support from the LA music community throughout the years and this has enabled us to build and grow one of the greatest record stores in the world.
Rest assured, we are NOT closing, but we are now in a position where we may have to change locations in the coming years. By no means does this mean that Amoeba is leaving LA.
We are in discussions to remain at 6400 Sunset beyond our current lease, but we are also exploring our various options and have already been offered several spaces that could suit us well. We will choose what is best at the appropriate time. Amoeba loves LA, we are committed to LA, and we have every intention of remaining in LA.
Amoeba is defined by WHO we are not WHERE we are.
Thank you all for your continued support!
>>
>>74431423
>>74431452
A few hundred live at Amoeba albums
https://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/detail-1122/#cat-most_recent_shows/

>>74431477
They're replacing a big comfy music store with million dollar apartments. Fuck the super rich.
>>
>>74431492
Wew, I'm a retard lol

Anyways, that came from their Facebook today
>>
>>74431389

The owner of Amoeba literally sold the property fully knowing it was gonna get developed.

Idk what other location they'd move to though. That Jack in the Box is a magnet for Hollywood's worst homeless which gives Ameoba that faint feel of seedy Hollywood now that Hollywood is finally being cleaned up.
>>
>>74431339
There's like 10 records shops surrounding that area, who gives a fuck
>>
Remember when I called them up for tuxedo moon?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.