[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Songs that people with anhedonia can enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

File: MI0000372724.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000372724.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Anhedonia is defined as the inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable, e.g. exercise, hobbies, sexual activities or social interactions. A symptom of depression and antipsychotic medicines
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV4Vn_5L5uo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHOfyfbmmko
>>
It doesn't have to be uplifting. Slowcore and dream pop sound really good for people with depression
>>
File: 1498916956886.png (28KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
1498916956886.png
28KB, 1027x731px
>>74428467
oh I'm depressed glad I found out thanks anon
>>
>>74428498
https://open.spotify.com/user/bearbender/playlist/6ucCah2RXI86iJuvb1c6sf
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUAixFKAHew
>>
I'm glad you made this thread, OP, since severe Anhedonia has a very interesting effect on music-listening.

>>74428467
Hey, are you me? I listen to those two genres all the time. The tricky thing is that slowcore places a lot of emphasis on emotional resonance, and so if you're unable to experience emotions properly, most of the core work is missed. Slower, lyrically-driven artists like Low or Carissa's Weird may have almost no effect at all, and a lot of bands like Codeine or Duster require "immersion" into a certain mood which Anhedonia typically permits, excluding them too. By far the most success comes with melodic/varied songs, since they seem to be enjoyable at a more fundamental level of the mind, like chocolate or sex. Good examples would be "Medicine Bottle" by Red House Painters, "Happy Times" by Idaho, and "Port of Charleston" by Seam. More in the alternative rock direction, I've enjoyed a few songs by The Afghan Whigs and Come for the same reason.

On the whole, though, the genre matters much less than the structure of the song, and if it fits into some melodic/instrumental niche you enjoy. I still listen to the same set of songs I did last Winter because they still work. "Host" by Kaja Gunnufsen and a bunch of songs by the band Mew, for example. After a while, you don't feel the need to hear anything else.
>>
File: 1407230653901.jpg (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1407230653901.jpg
170KB, 800x800px
>>74427636
>I'm a rambling man
>>
>>74427636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzaSDOtGEI
>>
A fun Yugoslavic song
youtube.com/watch?v=WYKOtDsahwU
>>
File: demo art.jpg (61KB, 501x649px) Image search: [Google]
demo art.jpg
61KB, 501x649px
The entire demo is basically my anhedonia put into music.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hdWSpiPjkxg
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>>74430335
>tfw I always kill anhedonia threads with a tollund men post
>>
>>74427636
>and antipsychotic medicines
Can be that my anhedonia is consequential of antipsychotic meds? I took olanzapine for like two days, but i did read that taking only one single pill of escitalopram (an antidepressant, but still) causes a permanent significant changes on the brain
>>
>>74429707
shit it seems i was never unable to experience emotions, i always just enjoyed music for its sound and melody, even the more intense/emotional ones
>>
>>74431033
Well olanzapine made my anhedonia worse, but I already had it.
>>
>>74431109
seems like it like numbs and stablizes the brain
>>
>>74431033
That sounds horrible.
You should look into psilocybin and medical MDMA to normalize dopamine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFzZgkVhI0A
>>
>>74431099
It comes in a lot of different shades AFAIK. You may end up with severe Anhedonia and be bored all the time, or you may have mild to moderate Anhedonia alongside other symptoms of Depression (the more common one) and be half-bored/half-suffering instead.
>>
>>74427636
ALL THE DUCKS ARE SWIMMING IN THE WATER
>>
>>74431347
i had guessed more like stop fapping and going outside?

>>74431356
im still entertained
>>
>>74431439
>stop fapping
Does someone with anhedonia fap?
>>
>>74431033
>>74431109
I have anhedonia and depression. I've been on olanzipine for a year and I'm currently trying to wane off it. I've tried to wane off it 3 tines before but the withrawal symptoms drives me near suicide. I hope I can get some meds to deal with the withdrawal symptoms
>>
>>74427636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A
>>
>>74431636
mostly out of addiction and the calming effect, but i managed to not do it often again.
that physical pain/sadness over my face has recently extended to the chest and slightly to the whole body, and i dont feel almost anything when i orgasm now because of it. it like supresses and covers where the feelings would be. on the week it first started i would eat an icecream or have a positive social interaction and would realize the joy i was used to and expected from doing such things i didnt feel it, it was like very deep covered by that thing; then the cover started going thicker and i barely feel pleasure by now. eating is still pleasurable though
by high school i already started stopped having joys and feeling bored, even without that actual physical pain. i was playing cards between classes and suddenly would realize i wasnt entertained. it was caused by a mix of the addiction to computer/internet, plus i had discovered imageboards and was joining its blase mindset and filling my mind with it, and lurking during classes and getting dizzy because sleeping late etc, and because i was a beta without a life. i decided to neet after finishing school and by the end of the year it started to feel bad, then my family forced me to a psychiatrist thinking i was schizophrenic for locking myself in my room and on the same week the pain started
>>
File: v2008-hatfield-front.jpg (146KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
v2008-hatfield-front.jpg
146KB, 1000x1000px
>>74431888
Don't trust meds dude, have some willpower and trust in your own strength.

Music derived from jazz is the only thing that makes me feel anymore.
>>
>>74431636
Yeah, but it's weird. Your libido is so low that it's totally optional, and usually comes on a whim from boredom, so that you rarely see an attractive pic and go "Gotta fap now", but more like you recall the last thing that turned you on and just work away at it until climax (which typically happens before ejaculation). Actual ejaculation is unnecessary 90% of the time since it's messy and doesn't feel good. This sounds depressing, but it can feel nice for 5-10 seconds somewhere during it. Especially with music.

>>74431971
What kind of foods do you enjoy? Sugary foods and coffee are all that I find enjoyable there.
>>74432121
Do you renounce all meds for Anhedonia in general?
>>
>>74432350
I renounce pretty much all prescription meds. Antibiotics and shit like that is fine but I don't fuck with side-effects and being prescribed more meds to treat the side-effects and get more side-effects and all that bullshit. I just take the time to be introspective and work out solutions for whatever is wrong with me. You also need to understand that the entire universe exists outside of your mind. Your perception of your thoughts and the outside world is wrong most of the time so don't waste time trying to figure out how to be right, just accept that you will never have all the answers and operate on instinct.
>>
>>74432538
I agree with much of what you say, especially in regards to perceptions. All of the suffering I've endured under Anhedonia so far has been self-induced, and meditation combined with Buddhist ideology has done a stunning job undermining these ineffective thoughts and approaching things sensibly.

However, in my case, the Anhedonia continues. Even though my diet is fine, I'm at a healthy weight, I meditate every night, I jog every other night, and my life's on track in every conceivable way, my emotions and interests remain at a total stand-still with no sign of improvement. I have yet to see a doctor, but I'm entirely confident that the issue is chemical, and I'll likely have to take medication to fix it. Would you still be against it in this instance?
>>
>>74432350
i think i still enjoy the foods i enjoyed before, i'm sorry
>>
>>74432934
Why sorry? Just curious.
>>
>>74432958
because i dont deserve to post here because i dont feel as bad
>>
>>74433012
It's not a big deal. The sort of person to really care about a thing like that only shits up a community in the first place. Plus, it's not like you're wasting anyone's time. It's 4chan.
>>
>>74432736
did you try quitting things that used to give you big dopamine rushs like fapping?

2:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwRNNeCXC_E
>>
>>74433592
I went for about 7-10 days without fapping not long ago, and there were no notable changes.
>>
>>74430335
This was cool
>>
>>74427636
>Songs that people with anhedonia can enjoy

Am I the only one that sees the contradiction here? just saying
>>
>>74433776
some say it takes months for the brain to recover. im going to try it
>>
>>74430335
Oh wow, thanks for this.
>>
>>74427636
I just called it apathy
dreams were the only thing that would legitimately make me feel good

id dream about huge ghost cities and it was the shit
>>
File: 1439864069091.jpg (8KB, 142x126px) Image search: [Google]
1439864069091.jpg
8KB, 142x126px
>>74432121
>Don't trust meds dude, have some willpower and trust in your own strength.
>Music derived from jazz is the only thing that makes me feel anymore.
>mfw

>>74431888
try microdosing on lsd or shrooms, one tab of lsd literally changed my life
when you feel happy and you understand that you are capable of feeling happy, everything changes
willpower is necessary but it accomplish nothing on its own
>>
>>74436126
>>74436126
not him tho
>try microdosing on lsd or shrooms
shit can cause a trip with no comeback, and i have schizo historic in the family
>when you feel happy and you understand that you are capable of feeling happy
knowing that its possible just by doing things and pushing through and that i will not get at a some really serious state, it just makes me procrastinate it. i usually only take a walk and shower when theres something to happen immediately like a trap from tinder waiting to be fucked at her place or some family member taking me somewhere. otherwise staying at the computer feels bad but its bearable and safe
>>
>>74436126
Don't listen to this guy. Anything that can be achieved with drugs can be achieved without them. You shouldn't put such faith in things as unpredictable as psychedelics.

>>74436606
Have you tried getting a job?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jDiDvQwD0k
>>
>>74436971
tried in 2015 but quitd still on the training period. dont even know if i could handle one in this state
>>
File: folder.jpg (295KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
295KB, 600x598px
>>74427636
I've been living with depression (plus psychotherapy) since mid-2014 but for this year I've been experiencing anhedonia. And fuck it's weird to wake up having anhedonia. For the last 2 weeks I no longer work, I'm just spending my days alone in my flat with the money I had. So I guess I'll end up killing myself.

Anyways here's some music. Pic related is the best album that captures the 'no-feelings' feel imo.

Slowcore is a pretty hit or miss genre to try, but it has the best anhedonia gems. There's also drone shoegaze (Iroha, Bare Wire Son, Nadja at times), some funeral doom (I recommend Nortt and Funeralium). Also lowercase which I feel might suit you. Sorry for bad english.
>>
>>74437184
For what it's worth, you write English like a native.
>>
File: 1440010134369-1.jpg (166KB, 619x597px) Image search: [Google]
1440010134369-1.jpg
166KB, 619x597px
>>74431033
>im currently about to start waning off of my lexapro prescription for my MDD cause im in a really good place right now
>>
when i was on antipsychotics i listened to a lot of grunge and other edgy guitar shit, i really had to approach music listening a different way... was weird, i had to manipulate myself into "enjoying" the feeling of being super drained / bored / unhappy with everything like "yeah this music resonates with me in a new way, it's not pleasant but it's comforting... ill just stay still in the same position for a few days while listening"
>i now truly understand kurt cobain ...
>>
File: tv_static_abstract20.jpg (96KB, 683x356px) Image search: [Google]
tv_static_abstract20.jpg
96KB, 683x356px
https://soundcloud.com/user-277317344

Ambient Noise Experimental Introventrical
>>
>rolling in bed in despair before sleep
>i really have to do something, start walking outside and get a job
>next day
>not feeling terrible
>i'm ok ill start walking tomorrow
how did i come to this point
>>
>>74427638
this is so comfy. i remember i used to listen to perpetuum mobile all the time in hs but i forgot about this band
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.