[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any good ska band exist or is it universally shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: scene.jpg (110KB, 652x762px) Image search: [Google]
scene.jpg
110KB, 652x762px
Does any good ska band exist or is it universally shit?
>>
As far as ska punk goes, Choking Victim.
>>
As far as third wave ska is concerned, no, it's all shit. Don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise. B-but muh Streetlight Manifesto! Muh Save Ferris!

AS for the actual Jamaican stuff and bands like The Clash and The Specials it's okay. Not really my thing personally but I get it.
>>
>>74422295
if you mean "the jamaican genre literally older than reggae" then probably, it's not something i pay attention to

if you mean the thing in the 90s where a bunch of suburbanite kids decided it was just "punk with horns" and got it muddled with the brand of pop-punk they made that sometimes had limp-sound horn sections, hell to the fucking no
>>
Selecter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFXbcOfybQY
>>
>>74422338
Aye the Selecter and the Specials were the best of the original bunch, also the Beat

As ska punk goes I actually quite like Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish
>>
Five Iron Frenzy is p good
[spoiler]though it may be because Reese Roper is my cousin[/spoiler]
>>
>>74422295
Rancid, VoodooGlow Skulls, and Meal Ticket were fun

>>74422323
Fuck you
>>
>>74422295
again from the 60s Jamaican stuff but Toots and the Maytals are incredible
>>
>>74422319
stza is a money hungry jew
>>
>>74422295
The person depicted is NOT, I repeat NOT a "Rude Boy" He might be a fan of the new generation of Ska, and even a fan of so called "Ska Punk" but if he went to a REAL Ska show dressed liked that, at the very least he would be laughed at, and the very wort get stomped within an inch of his life. (Probably get killed in Jamaica)

The original Ska of the 60s is GOAT, and the second wave of Ska that came out of England, sometimes known as the Two Tone Ska Revival had great bands, like The Specials, Madness, The Selector, and The Beat. (Known as The English Beat in the U.S. for legal reason which I won't go into here) New Ska, and Ska Punk are fine. I enjoy it, but nothing beats the original 60s and late 70s early 80s Ska, IMHO.
>>
British Ska and Jamican Ska Good
American Ska generally shit
https://youtu.be/XaRjhcR-Ygs
>>
File: btmi.jpg (73KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
btmi.jpg
73KB, 1050x590px
Does Bomb the Music Industry / Jeff Rosenstock count?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.