[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boris- Amplifier Worship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: frog posting.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
frog posting.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Alright boys listening to essential frog core here. Listen along or talk anything Boris related (maybe even a guide for a Boris pleb like myself).
>>
>>74418229
Took me quite a bit to really get into Amplifier Worship. I still don't quite like Hama with its riffing, I if the album focused less on riffs and more on drone while going in to the dreamy part of Kuruimizu and then Vomitself, the album would be 10/10 because the drone parts of Huge and Vomitself are already 10/10.
>>
Is this the first Boris album you've listened to?
>>
Cost an arm and leg but bought rock dream in vinyl
>>
>>74418874
If I found you holding that album in public I hope you know that I would kill you for it.
>>
>>74418874
Where do you live?
>>
>>74418916
SC
>>
>>74418950
we're coming for the record anon
>>
Other than Huge and Hama(which sounds out of place) it was boring.

Flood was kino all the way through though, easily 10/10.
>>
>>74418229
That repeating sample before the guitars on huge always make me stoked
>>
>>74419043
>Implying
Hama is the one out of place aside from its lyrics. But Flood is definitely the best.

Flood>=Absolutego>Amplifier Worship>Feedbacker>Akuma no uta
>>
>>74419159
>Flood = Absolutego
"no"
Absolutego is like 9/10 but don't even put the two next to each other.

Flood > Feedbacker > Amplifier Worship > Akuma no Uta > Pink > Heavy Rocks > Dear > Smile > Dronevil > Noise > The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked Series > Heavy Rocks (2011) > Praparat > Sound Track from Film 'Mabuta no Ura' > New Album > New Noise Literacy Series > Attention Please
>>
>>74419216
I rate albums by how consistent they are, conceptually or sonically or lyrically. Flood and Absolutego right up there with each other with how consistent they each are. Absolutego is feed back and noise for an hour. Flood 1 introduces the riff repeated in Flood 2, as well as the more drone aspect repeated in Flood 3 and Flood 4. They're both quite perfect, I just prefer Flood.
>Feedbacker that high
Takeshi's vocals are so fucking good but the soloing kind of takes away from how pained he sounds.
>Dronevil at all
What a mishmash. The distorted parts really hurt what would otherwise be a wonderful drone ambient album.
>>
>>74419297
>I rate albums by how consistent they are
why
>>
>>74419318
Because other than examining what an album does differently than releases before it and rating it on how unique it is, (what Scaruffi does), anything else is primarily based on how "good" music sounds to people. Which is too vague. But consistency of an album, repetition of motifs and ideas, those are things we can hear. And the more consistent an album is with these things, the more it keeps you listening to it and not thinking about other things. And those albums provide the most wonderful experiences listening to them. If I have one bias, it's that I prefer albums that sound like Boris albums production wise; that is to say I prefer albums that have a full sound. A good example of this is Death Grips' Jenny Death, or Flood, or Amplifier Worship, or Boredoms' Pop Tatari.
>>
>>74419422
>But consistency of an album, repetition of motifs and ideas, those are things we can hear. And the more consistent an album is with these things, the more it keeps you listening to it and not thinking about other things. And those albums provide the most wonderful experiences listening to them.
And good examples of these are, as I said and the reasons I gave, Absolutego and Flood.
>>
>>74419422
I just like an album if it is consistently enjoyable, like for example, Mr. Bungle's s/t isn't consistent in any regards, but I love it all the same. Those Boris albums at the top speak to me in that way, I can hardly forget a moment. Boris is def my favorite band for that reason.
>>
>>74419452
Oh I don't have anything against inconsistent albums at all. I just have a way to objectively rate it lower. Boredoms' Super ar is inconsistent as FUCK with that dark, chaotic opener. Then the next track repeats the sound but goes into this light jamming, then the next track is about the sun, then the next track is this German progesque jam, then you have a psychedelic repetitious track, etc. All of the songs are damn good, but the album is inconsistent. It stands at about a 4 or 5 out of 10 for me, but I still enjoy it and would gladly recommend it to people.
>>
>>74419543
I just don't understand why it would be (or you would consider it) objectively worse if you enjoy it just as much.
>>
File: 1478334113324.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478334113324.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>74418229
>tfw listening to the low frequency version of absolutego on big speakers
>>
>>74419578
Unless you're saying that you personally enjoy consistent albums more and rate them as so, which would make sense and I have no faults with that.
>>
>>74419578
Don't think of it as "objectively worse" and more "objectively less consistent." Ash Ra Tempel's Schwingungen is a 10/10 because it has a concept and sees it through. The first track is about light, and feeling that we as humans are all one. Then the second track is in direct contrast, with John L. painfully vocalizing that "the flowers must die." Then the last track is called "Search and Love." Through all the good and bad times of life, all humans do is search for things and love things. Be it each other, art, nature, whatever. 10/10 consistency.
>>
>>74419815
>objectively less consistent
But didn't you start by saying that you objectively rate it lower if it's inconsistent? Unless your rating system doesn't mean that lower = worse.
>>
>>74419834
>Unless your rating system doesn't mean that lower = worse.
Precisely. Bringing it around to Boris, that's why I'd rank Dronevil less than the other albums. The distorted explosions really, really clash with the droney ambient parts before it and not in a good way that denotes consistency. Contrast this with Flood, which lightly introduces the drone/explosion parts in Flood 1, and the beginning of Flood 2 before bringing it back full circle in Flood 3 and 4.
>>
>>74419874
Oh, this whole time I've been under the impression that "lower = worse", since that's how I've always seen it be used on this board and elsewhere. Where would Feedbacker and the other albums be in terms of personal enjoyment then?
>>
>>74419886
I'm still listening to Feedbacker to form an opinion. I mentioned earlier I don't dig on Takeshi's wonderfully pained vocals and Wata's soloing. But I'm not sure yet. I really like the Feedbacker version in Rock Dream though. Plays in the first 35 minutes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Gi_XGfdmY
>>
I want to get into boris which album should i start with?
>>
>>74420073
Pink to ease yourself in
Flood to get to the best stuff
>>
>>74420073
I started with flood

came and started farting during flood 3
>>
>>74420073
Pink, yeah.
>>
>>74418874
What's so special about it? Got a friend who has it on vinyl, bought it because of the cover he says but knew Boris beforehand. Doesn't seem to cost a fortune on Discogs either.
>>
>>74418874
>>74418891
>>74422025

You can get it on Discogs for no more than 25 Euros, I wouldn't call that an "arm and leg"
>>
i'm finally going to to get to see them this in a few months. what are their shows like? will they only play Dear? i'm up for whatever, i just can't wait to fucking experience them live
>>
>>74424599
>what are their shows like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaVwZogp7FQ
>>
>>74424618
i've seen their concert footage before, but thanks all the same. i'm just wondering what the experience is like, sound quality and setup, if they act like divas and keep people waiting forever, etc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.