[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain the appeal of these guys? the guitar work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

can someone explain the appeal of these guys?

the guitar work is average, the songwriting ranges from passable to awful, and every song seems overdramatic and samey

did i miss something
>>
The production and the aesthetic.
>>
File: 1489366245869.jpg (47KB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1489366245869.jpg
47KB, 852x854px
>>74417752
this

>>74417729
>songwriting ranges from passable to awful
sadly true tho. dagger is just complete garbage. most of my actual real life friends that I grew up with have written songs better than dagger.

something you have to understand is they were totally blindsided by this working brian eno situation it kinda fucked their shit up but then again it was even more bland on the previous record so I dunno, maybe eno is responsible for whatever results they did get
>>
>>74417805
i agree that eno can really make or break an album but i still think slowdive is at fault for making their body of work so homogeneous
>>
>>74417840
Their latest album's fantastic though imo. I don't really care for their older stuff, except maybe Pygmalion, but their self titled feels really energetic and different.
>>
>>74417729
idk it's really grown on me
like when i first checked it out i was like meh and didn't care to listen again until fairly recently and it hit a little harder, it just sounds very good consistently, very uniquely so, and the songs are simple but meaningful and feelsy

i like it
>>
>>74417729
>the songwriting ranges from passable to awful
Some tracks are kinda meh but I think Alison, 40 Days, Machine Gun, and When The Sun Hits are great songs with good lyrical content and great melodies. Souvlaki Space Station in particular is a shoegaze masterpiece, filled with lots of distinct, moving parts that coalesce into a giant bath of sound (the epitome of what shoegaze is).
>>
File: IMG_2966.jpg (79KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2966.jpg
79KB, 1200x630px
SWEET THING, I WATCH YOU
BURN SO FAST IT SCARES ME
>>
>>74418743
MIND GAMES DONT LEAVE ME
IVE COME SO FAR DONT LOSE ME

IT MATTERS WHERE YOU ARE

AS THE SUN HITS, SHELL BE WAITING
WITH HER COFFINS UNDER HEAVEN
HEY HEY LOVER YOU STILL BURN ME
YOURE A SONG YEAH HEY HEY

SWEET THING, I WATCH YOU
BURN SO FAST IT SCARES ME
MIND GAMES DONT LEAVE ME
IVE COME SO FAR DONT LOSE ME

IT MATTERS WHERE YOU ARE

AS THE SUN HITS SHELL BE WAITING
WITH HER COFFINS UNDER HEAVEN
HEY HEY LOVER YOU STILL BURN ME
YOURE A SONG YEAH HEY HEY

SWEET THING, I WATCH YOU, BURN AWAY
>>
File: 1499907596973.jpg (6KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
1499907596973.jpg
6KB, 250x215px
>>74417729
Listened to it, multiple times. Found it decent but not amazing. I'm not quite sure why it has a 4-star rating on Rate Your Music. I love shit like Loveless and So Tonight That I Might See, but I don't know whats so great about Souvlaki.
>>
>>74419145
What do you think STTIMS and Loveless have that Souvlaki doesn't have?
>>
>>74417729
you missed the part where i push my swollen cock deep into your virgin asshole and fuck you raw
>>
File: IMG_3072.jpg (629KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3072.jpg
629KB, 1440x810px
>>
>>74419160
Loveless has a denser sound; in fact, the textures of the guitars are slightly abrasive, but it works because it blends well with the vocals. The roaring guitars surprised me when I first gave Loveless a chance - I wasn't too big on dream pop or shoegaze but I hadn't heard a guitar tone like that featured so prominently in the mix.

The vocals on So Tonight That I might See are head-and-shoulders above the ones featured on Souvlaki. I think Hope carries that album, to be honest.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.