[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, is this a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: a0279566532_10.jpg (257KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0279566532_10.jpg
257KB, 1200x1200px
Now that the dust has settled, is this a masterpiece?
>>
/thread
>>
anyone who wasn't around at the time will tell you no, but it is. it's the most influential album of this decade. not just vaporwave, but electronic music in general. the "nostalgic" factor waved into even mainstream pop music. 420 is one of the most important songs of this decade. good or bad, that's one thing, but it's influence is certainly undeniable.
>>
no, it spawned a whole bunch of cancer music too
>>
>>74413520
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I was around during 2012-13 when vaporwave was blowing up here. No one in their right mind will honestly tell you that this album made a significant impact on music, electronic music, and not to mention fucking POPULAR music. Like, I really do love this album but you're retarded if you think that it had any actual impact at the time, let alone how people will feel about it 5, 10 years from now. It's a meme.
>>
>>74413520
I hate agreeing with you. I really don't want to, but yeah. This is pretty much it. I don't think it's the most of the decade over any albums, but for the electronic genre, yeah I can see it. I can't think of a single album that spawned as many genres as this did or influence any others in the way this has. Trap, house, ambient, and a lot of other really big genres in electronic music were changed in huge ways because of this album.
>>
>>74413445
i liked it, it wasn't groundbreaking or amazing, or even close to the best vaporwave album. but it's fun and it helped bring a interesting genres into the spotlight for a little while.
fun / 10
>>
>>74413445
The dust has settled. You're a moron.
>>
>>74413600
>I can't think of a single album that spawned as many genres as this did or influence any others in the way this has. Trap, house, ambient, and a lot of other really big genres in electronic music were changed in huge ways because of this album.
That's funny, because this album is exactly what started the DOWNFALL of vaporwave and its related genres. After this album, the whole genre became trite and repetitive. 12 year olds with Ableton slowed down 80s pop hits and stuck it on Bandcamp with the rest of the schlock. Stop stroking your dicks, this album sucks. It's fun, but it sucks.
>>
ITT are those who don't know
>It's all in your head
>>
File: 0010981820_10.jpg (148KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
0010981820_10.jpg
148KB, 1200x802px
Did anybody else just pre-order three copies of it on vinyl?
>>
>>74413994

Yes
>>
>>74413994
I was only autistic enough to preorder one
>>
>>74413994
I was thinking about it but decided against it. I predict in 20 years it'll be selling for $10 at best
>>
>>74414136
>waiting 20 years to listen to a record
>>
>>74414136
Depends how many it sells. It is one of the genre defining albums.
>>
ITT: People that forgot about eccojams claim macintosh plus started vaporwave and everything after.

It didn't. It was another garbage vapormeme album released in a time when everyone was buying into it, after it was already a niche genre with some actual interesting ideas. The album killed what was left of vaporwave.
>>
>>74414181

Wrong. OPN himself said M+ was the defining moment in vaporwave.
>>
>>74414199
Source? Even if he did say that, eccojams is still the first example of vaporwave, everything that came after took inspiration and sounds from it
>>
>>74413445
It is the Napoleon Dynamite of this decade
>>
>>74413994
i bought two copntemplating giving the second to my friend or selling it
>>
>>74413520
lol something can be influential and not a masterpiece. this is the former, but miles away from the latter.
>>
>>74413445
Even by vaporwave standards it's god awful. Modern-day Beethoven for frustrated, involuntarily celibate, socially retarded man children.
>>
>>74415491
>good or bad, that's one thing, but it's influence is certainly undeniable.
nigga did you read the post?
>>
>>74415533
That feeling when you missed the vaporwave meme train cause you were having too much sex and didn’t hear about this album til 2015

It’s great though
>>
>>74415662
i did. it said that the INFLUENCE is great. the thread asked if the album was a masterpiece.
>>
>>74413445
>no original recordings
>lazy sampling
>down pitching everything "evokes nostagia"
>literal looped tracks
>terrible mixing and mastering
B-bu-but its supposed to sound the best in a crappy cassette player

Its a 6/10 at best and even then im being generous. Its only satisfying if you listen to it ironically and im being serious its a fucking joke album. It might honestly be the furthest thing from a GOAT in all of electronic music
>>
I'll let you know when the vinyl gets in.
>>
>>74414306

...Fuck, Napoleon Dynamite really is that old.
>>
>>74413445
It perfected the art of making music that's perfect for background noise
>>
It does a very good job of creating the specific ambiance it's going for, and stays pretty interesting for most of the way through, and it was definitely influential in bring vaporwave to the spotlight. ブート is a great track, but I wouldn't say its a masterpeice by any means. 7/10 or so, I could see an 8 at best.
>>
>>74414163
you get $10 by selling it, not listening to it you retard

money can be exchanged for goods and services
>>
Eccojams was better
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.