[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you fall off so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: MI0003936854.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003936854.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
Looking at his post-Pixies career, I'm beginning to think Frank Black had much less to do with their greatness than Kim. How can he have turned to shit so quick? I love everything the Pixies did in their original run, and his first solo album was very solid, but even by Teenager of the Year he was beginning to churn out turgid buttrock. His stuff with the Catholics was mediocre, his sol music form this century ranges from mediocre to downright shit, and he had the worst feature on Dark Night of The Soul. He's gone from having one of the most existing voices in rock music to his timbre actively making every song worse with its presence. Pic related is a genuine embarrassment outside a couple of tracks, and Head Carrier is less atrocious but even more boring. Meanwhile The Breeders remained constantly good throughout the years, although now Kim's decided to stop making music and just smoke weed with her sister living off royalties.
wtf happened?
>>
>sol
solo
>form
from
>existing
exciting
>constantly
consistently
>>
80s and 90s ended
Kim left
Breeders have never been good
I also love everything from their original run
They are as good as Alice in Chains or Pearl jam right now. All of them are completely different bands from their originals and they will never be good but merely reminders that such bands existed once.
>>
>>74409308
Head Carrier is not that bad honestly, I had way worse expectations for this.
>>
>>74409405
I guess, I just find it really frustrating that the quality of his music deteriorated so badly, when someone like David Yow is still great
>Breeders have never been good
How dare you

>>74409451
the best thing I can say about it that it's competent, they sound like a bar band
>>
>>74409308
Head Carrier was a big improvement over Indie Cindy. Their next record will be better, they are improving themselves and creating a new identity post-Kim. They're clearly on an upward trajectory, I mean look at Oona, that song is so good it could have belonged on Bossanova. As for Frank Black's solo material, I kinda agree with you, but his first LP and some parts of TOTY were amazing
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.