[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All you fuckers wearing ear plugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1501117212936.png (169KB, 737x758px)
1501117212936.png
169KB, 737x758px
Yeah but think about it like this. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth. Every cool thing that could approach you you'll say no. And it's not just you its a large section of an entire generation. Wasting away in their cubicles counting down the time until the day of their death..
>>
>>74401323

don't be a young dumb shit and find corny ways to romanticize things.

t. oldfag with tinnitus
>>
>>74401323
*gets hearing damage*
>>
>>74401323
I'd insult you but you won't be able to hear me
>>
>>74401323
>. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth

i'm not meant for greatness nor do i want that much responsibility
>>
>>74401465
> >. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth

> i'm not meant for greatness nor do i want that much responsibility

Yeah but think about it like this. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth. Every cool thing that could approach you you'll say no. And it's not just you its a large section of an entire generation. Wasting away in their cubicles counting down the time until the day of their death..
>>
This thread brought to you by the American Tinnitus Association™
>>
>>74401323
I already have minor tinnitus and going to a concert makes it a full-blown ear piercing nightmare. Using plugs in the only way I can cope.
>>
>>74401323
what?
>>
how can not wearing earplugs be a risk? there's no potential for any benefit without necessarily also incurring disproportionate loss (of hearing). a risk is defined by either of those being its outcome, not both
>>
>>74401323
go back to facebook with your yolo fomo shit
>>
>>74401707
KEK
>>
>>74401323
If its cool to lose your hearing, I'm happy to stay lame as fuck.

Maintaining my hearing is more important than what people think about me. I'm not vain, I don't care what people think, plus my hair is long enough that ear plugs can easily be hidden underneath and no one will know.

I played in bands for many years and always wore ear plugs on stage and in rehearsals. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't be able to produce as well and would have huge gaps in my hearing. My high frequencies would be shot. If anything I hope I set a role model for people who saw us playing - protect your ears if you care about hearing things.

I'm guessing OP isn't a musician.
>>
>>74401323
Not wanting to wear earplugs is one thing. Being annoyed by others wearing them is just fucking autistic. It clearly signifies that you don't understand the potential risk of hearing damange, or rather, the INEVITABILITY of it if you go to shows and listen to music extremely loudly on a regular basis.

In short, you're like a child in more ways than one.
>>
OP is retarded
I had ringing for a month - will never go to gig or club without ear plugs again
not worth the risk
however - when i went to festival their sound system was open and balanced enough that i never needed them / got ringing
>>
>>74401323
Don't turn this shit into a meme.
>>
>>74401323
>not putting things in your ear makes me a risk taker

You must be the world's most boring person. Going to a concert without earplugs isn't exactly like skydiving or mountain climbing. But hey, do whatever makes you happy anon. Oh and enjoy the constant ringing in your ears during old age. Hopefully, it doesn't drive you to madness.

Seriously though, just ask almost any musician. They'll either tell you they wear ear plugs or wish they did. And if they don't then they're probably still in their 20s and will regret not wearing them by the time they're in their 40s.
>>
>>74402257
This. It definitely IS NOT worth the risk. In my teens I fired a gun without earplugs AND went to a local show without earplugs. I had ringing so bad that it kept me awake at night for weeks. Fortunately, it subsided for the most part but it comes back now and then.

I can't even go to a sporting event without getting ringing ears now. Hell, I've even gone to movies that were loud and had ringing at night.
>>
>>74401323
Tinnitus isn't fun, you faggot.
>>
>>74401323
I wear ear pro because I work at a nightclub four nights a week and my station is quite literally between the subs and the mids/highs. It's louder at my station than any construction site I've ever worked, including ones with pneumatic drills. It's just not worth getting off work and feeling like I need to pop my ears but being completely unable to.
>>
What's a good pair that won't ruin gigs and won't cost more than 50?
>>
>>74402976
Dubz or Hearos. I wear Hearos because I'm a cheap fuck.
>>
>>74402983
What are gigs like with them in?
>>
>>74403011
Well, I'm >>74402949 and they do me fine. I don't miss audio queues when doing lighting/visuals and they filter well enough that I can have conversations in and out of the booth. You just gotta make sure they're in properly or it just mutes everything like normal earplugs. Dubz are definitely better quality, imo, but I feel like they're easier to lose on top of being more expensive so I don't buy them anymore.
>>
>>74401323
>These damn kids on my lawn
>>
>>74403030
I think I'll buy a pair of dubz.

The last two shows I've been to have fucked me up pretty bad and I really would like to avoid hearing loss.
>>
>>74401323
you're right

I could go to a Boris concert in my town today (germany) but have no one to go to

i bet it would be amazing but muh social anxiety or whatever it is is stopping me

too much of a pussy to take risks
>>
>>74403325
It's not as bad as you think it will be.
>>
2 places where I worked got me custom earplug protection for free. (Living in France though...)
Flat noise reduction in every frequency. I don't use them at every show, but every time I'm too close to a drum kit (rehearsal, very small scene)
These thing are great for concert, trust me. I would never use traditional earplug, too much attenuation in treble, mashed up bass. If I forgot my customs I'd rather use nothing and blame myself if tinnitus may occur the next day, which is rarely the case.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.