[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the best rapper lyric wise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1486762606289s.jpg (6KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
1486762606289s.jpg
6KB, 250x202px
Who is the best rapper lyric wise?
>>
Aesop Rock, at least according to this chart I saw a while ago on r/hhh
>>
GZA/Genius, Nas, or Shing02.
>>
>>74397820
Unironically MF doom. While most celebrated artists like Nas, Biggie, Kendrick etc. have decent wordplay and concepts, they only extend so far, only on occasion extending outside of the same certain ideas. Doom has a whole other universe going on inside his head that just can't be matched when we're talking about wordplay
>>
viper
>>
>>74397820
signor benedick the moor
>>
Yeah either mf doom or earl sweatshirt imo
>>
Tommy Wright III
>>
Danny. You could listen to his songs 100 times and just realize how much sense it makes. He's like a puzzle, it amazes me sometimes.
>>
According to the long and glorious traditions of white people that kind of listen to rap, MF Doom.
>>
Common.
>>
kendrick by miles
>>
>>74397820
3 stacks
>>
>>
>>74399672
He's not that deep man. Danny is more about imagery and emotion, rather than puzzle-like wordplay

>>74399222
This
>>
>>74399800
I like those others so much as well, he's just the first to come to mind. I just feel like for him you can pull up his lyric sheet at anytime and find shit you've never even noticed before.
>>
PENITENTIARY CHANCES
>>
>>74397820
big rare
>>
Lil B
>>
>>74399672
>Danny Brown
>intelligent
Stop posting anytime.
>>
>MF Doom
>shoop doop poop poop I'm a lyrical monsta eating pasta
>>
Probably Aesop Rock,Earl Sweatshirt or Eminem
>>
>>74397828
That chart was comparing vocabulary size, not lyricism
>>
KRS-ONE
>>
You know, that one who sings about how he is the best, how gangsta he is, how many bitches he dicks, the loads of money he makes and smoke weed everyday.

You know whom I saying right.

>Hip hop
>Lyrics
>>
>>74402320
fuck off dad
>>
>>74402320
How can someone be such a nerd in this day and age?
>>
k.dot for sure
>>
>>74402320
Is that the guy who was poor once
>>
>>74402513
>>74402825
>canned nu-male responses

i love hip hop and he's absolutely right.
>>
>>74397843
can definitely vouch for shing02, being able to rap that good in two different languages is pretty impressive
>>
>>74402909
>le nu-male meme
>>
Immortal Technique, listen to Dance with the Devil and see if you still disagree
>>
Pharohe fuckin Monch aint a damn thing changed
>>
>>74397820
Viper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56nNnZiPVSI
>>
>>74402930

No, he is actually right. I enjoy this music a lot as well but it's certainly not for the lyrics.

Even Kool Keith's lyrics would be meh when compared to even above average works of literature - to say nothing of great works - and you see his stuff lauded as some of the best.

Rap is great lyrically for different reasons. It's more colloquial/clever. But a critical examination isn't going to result in much.
>>
>>74403012
No fucking shit
>>
lil pump obviously
>>
File: 1498892211865.jpg (20KB, 297x337px) Image search: [Google]
1498892211865.jpg
20KB, 297x337px
>>74403026

wow rude
>>
>>74397820
Nas
>>
>>74398447
he's on the same level as kool keith and lil b in my book, the only worthwhile rappers that ever walked this earth
>>
>>74397820
My favorite is unironically JME.
Integrity> is packed with really funny one liners.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.