[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listening to Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1478731029796.jpg (58KB, 396x282px) Image search: [Google]
1478731029796.jpg
58KB, 396x282px
How the fuck do I listen to music /mu/? Every time I try and listen to an album, my attention wanes part way through and I either start thinking about random shit or do other stuff while the musics in the background. How do I become an involved listener goddammit
>>
Lay on your bed and listen to the music. Absorb it.
>>
>>74397729
do this, do it on drugs
>>
File: 1480316333501.png (174KB, 562x389px) Image search: [Google]
1480316333501.png
174KB, 562x389px
>>74397729
>>74397792
Isolate myself from distractions to focus on the music? In retrospect that's horribly obvious, I'll do it!
>>
File: image.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
421KB, 700x525px
>>74397709
>>74397792
OPoPOpOpOp Drugs Druggs
>offbeats
>dirty lofi
>tripped
>chillllll

https://soundcloud.com/diggeroftheunknown/gymnopedie-interludes-offbeatz
>>
>>74399334
you gotta lay off the percs man
>>
>>74397709
Try listening while going for a walk. I dont mean you should leave your house just to listen to music, but everytime you go to the grocery store try listening to an album. I easily get lost in music while walking around town.
>>
>>74399397
I do the same thing but for driving.
I live far enough away that I can easily listen to a 40 minute album each way
>>
>>74399397
This is what I do often. Best is being a passenger in a vehicle, though
>>
>>74397709
The truth is that none of us really listen to music at all. Secretly we are all aware that music is for faggots. All of these threads saying we enjoy stuff is just virtue signaling.
>>
>>74399397
Walking the dogs + listening to music is a great way to kill two birds with one stone, but honestly I can listen to 6+ albums after 7PM while playing video games and going on /mu/
>>
>>74397709
you're already doing this correctly. music is supposed to be in the background. that's why they have in grocery stores, and malls, and to accompany movie scenes, and have lofi channels for HOMEWORK, and why there are radios in cars... while you're DRIVING. Music being the center of attention is a ridiculous concept.
>>
>>74399394
true but the song is good
>>74399334
luv u
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 715x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 715x960px
>>74400338

Luv you Anon... I hope ur a girl... It's cool either way...

https://soundcloud.com/diggeroftheunknown/the-percs-wave-dirty-chill
>>
>>74400273
>What's a music video?
>>
You get into it step by step.
Start off like >>74400273 suggests and start listening to radio. Pick a radio station. Start recognizing songs. Find a few favourite ones. Download them as mp3s to your PC. Start finding more in the same genre and era. Start finding new similar genres. Realize singles are a pleb way of listening and start listening to albums. Learn about the concept of lossless and buy a CD. Learn about the loudness was and start buying old CDs. Run out of money and start pirating CDs. Learn about vinyl after pirating one accidently and like the sound. Buy a cheapo turntable and listen to records from the thrift store. Start throwing money at Hi-Fi. Run out of money and end up on the street after buying $5,000 speaker set.
So yeah might as well get into heroin.
>>
>>74399397
this is the best way to listen to music

Walking around, watching the world around you with music in your ears is an awesome experience.

Drugs are a pretty good option too, but thats not everyones cup a tea. Music on drugs is a near religious experience
>>
>>74397709
how about listening to music that's good? music you like?
>>
>>74397792
HAHA DUDE
>>
>>74397709
musics a meme
nobody here ever listens to shit
>>
>>74397709
try meditation for a while and avoid overstimulation
it'll improve your concentration
>>
usually i try to visualize a scenario in my mind that matches how the music makes me feel

i can replay the song multiple times to flesh out the story and try to finish it before the song ends every time
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.