[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favorite rapper of all time and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: ice-cube-57.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ice-cube-57.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>
Eminem
>>
>>74395320
If he counts, Stefan Burnett I love his aggressive style and lyrics, if not Kanye for his humor
>>
george watsky
>>
none
>>
Kanye because his music sounds like nothing else in the rap game
>>
Vince Staples.
>>
Mf doom
>>
Kool keith, i like his over the top, bizarre lyrics and his bears are top tier.
>>
>>74395519
yeah man, kanye really speaks to me
>>
>>74395339
>>74395532
>>74395546
And why
>>
Biggie has pretty much every base covered. Flow, rhymes, storytelling, humor.
>>
will smith
>>
>>74395699
Because his rhymes can be complex yet goofy and has some of the best flows ive heard aswell as dope samples, pretty much all he has is fire
>>
>>74395699
Eminem sings about universal issues and he is a good singer
I can't relate to most black people problems as a non American and their we are poor but strong rant goes sour after a while in my opinion
I'm not into hip-hop much though. Eminem's being accessible is a good factor as well.
>>
>>74395780
>>74395805
Em is extremely versatile. When it comes to skill I really can't see him not being one of the best on an objective scale.
>>
Earl Sweatshirt

Impeccable flow and wordplay that can rival any of the more traditional "greats". But more importantly, unparalleled emotional potency
>>
eminem is pop
>>
hopsin
>>
>>74395415
this post makes me sad
>>
Iggy Azalea because she hasnt sold out like most rappers.
>>
Kool keith
I like his over the top, bizarre lyrics and his beats are always interesting.
>>
No love deep web
>>
Ol' Dirty Bastard because he has personality, and personality goes a long way.
>>
Aesop Rock

All his projects are really good,(Uncluded and Hail Mary Mallon) and It's been cool to see his style evolve from angry raps with blockhead beats to finding a more personal and story-driven music in his later works
>>
File: guru.jpg (54KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
guru.jpg
54KB, 500x583px
>>74395720
I like Ready To Die, a lot. My favorite rapper of all time? Guru from Gangstarr. He had the coolest, deepest voice. I think Outkast is my favorite hip hop act out of everyone. All their albums are solid, and different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cWtzxBLSwQ
>>
tyler has been consistently getting better and I enjoy his vulgarity and has rather catchy beats, same with danny brown
>>
I love YG, I don't know about favorite ever but he's
an actual gangster with a rap sheet who isn't afraid to throw up actual gang signs and is still a piru. he can rap really well too. sometimes I think his sound is still too California but that's part of why I love him. he's also not overtly political like Kendrick who comes off as honestly corny. he's funny as hell and real, he walks around by himself even after getting shot, Kendrick and other big rappers are so showbiz
>>
>>74395519
same here man, kanye's music means a lot to me, love the production, his verses, his vision of the industry.
>>
eyedea, because i still get fuckin' hype watching old blaze battle and skribble jam shit. shame the kid got caught up with that junk.
>>
>>74395320
Aesop Rock because I enjoy how he can make everything interesting and enjoyable and the guy has a lot of character to show in his albums.
>>
me
>>
>>74395320
Del the Funky Homosapien, I love his flow and his zany lyrics and his voice is like a buttery smooth serenade to my ears.
>>
>>74395648
ive only checked out dr octagon. what else would you recommend?
>>
>>74396628
I never put doubt in my mind
Cause I know when I touch the mic there's the rhyme
>>
Jay-Z because he's a billionaire and he gave young black men the handbook to life with 4.44 for just $9.99
#blessed
>>
File: Prodigy.jpg (55KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Prodigy.jpg
55KB, 640x960px
no one rhymed like P. straight to the point without beating around the bush with all these fluff ultra syllable bar bullshit
>>
>>74396391
I agree, also love the rest of the Odd Future Gang.
>>
>>74395695
>>74395519
>>74397428

This is bait right?
>>
>>74395320

Rakim

he always seemed above the bullshit
>>
File: Greatest_Hits_(Scarface_album).jpg (34KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest_Hits_(Scarface_album).jpg
34KB, 350x350px
>"Eminem is the best story telle-"
>>
File: slick-rick.jpg (485KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slick-rick.jpg
485KB, 1000x1000px
>>74400003
>"Scarface is the best story telle-"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVRv1dA5Byc
>>
The Palmer Squares
>>
File: 1426190546339.jpg (141KB, 921x960px) Image search: [Google]
1426190546339.jpg
141KB, 921x960px
>no nas in this thread so far
>>
>>74400108
I think you were finishing saying the word teller anon.
Scarface just creates a better atmosphere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgyDpXkZfXE
>>
>>74399664
rakim is the undisputed best rapper of all-time

hip-hop was all call and response and shitty turntablism before rakim
>>
File: quik.jpg (193KB, 945x1417px) Image search: [Google]
quik.jpg
193KB, 945x1417px
>>74395320
DJ Quik. Because he writes his own music instead of using samples, and that music is a unique and stanky ole funk.
>>
>>74395320
Slick Rick
>>
this is really hard because consistency and rappers are not friends.

probably Ice Cube? NWA, 4 solo records, Westside Connection (Bow Down). Again, hasn't done anything amazing in like 20 years which sucks, but still.
>>
>>74400317
Gangsta Rap Made me Do It was a banger
>>
>>74400317
Ice Cube should be considered the GOAT. He wrote almost everything for the NWA albums, Eazy-E's first solo album and he did his own thing with Westside Connection and solo work.

He was legit the mastermind behind everything back in his prime.
>>
File: PP.jpg (161KB, 560x397px) Image search: [Google]
PP.jpg
161KB, 560x397px
Sean Price by far. Something about the pauses in the flow that adds so much more to the punchlines, plus there isn't a single track he didn't stomp everyone else, other than on Heltah Skeltah material

>You motherfuckers fake, go 'head fucker hate
>I smack planes off the building, I'm a fucking ape
>My last LP (P!) I wore a fucking cape
>Your last LP (huh?) You wore a fucking.. wait
>It never dropped, you was never hot
>>74396628
Shame how it went after return to the 36 for ODB

>>74396750
Guru is forgotten about too often when discussing GOAT, he always makes it sound so easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ekFI-Tdd8 at 3min is dope

>>74399293
>>74399664
Good picks
>>
>>74400145
thanks for your contribution to the thread
>>
Eminem

>Widest variety in catalog
>Has done 90% of every rap style
>Has 90% of every type of instumental
>Technical skill is top tier
>>
>>74402064
>Has 90% of every type of instumental

haha, can't knock eminem as a rapper but his beat selection is horrible most of the time
>>
>>74395320
Royce da 5'9".
>>
>>74395320
older ice cube actually
>>
>>74395320
Dylan
Because he spits hot fire
>>
>>74402412
Royce has bars for day but I think he rarely switches up his style so he gets a bit stale. That said he wrote one of my fave diss tracks ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBC7I2WNAM
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>
q-tip from a tribe called quest
>>
Nas or Inspectah Deck if I want to hear some lyrical shit.

Ghosface for some stream of consciousness.

For humour Devin the Dude.

For gangsta shit Bun B and Pimp C.
>>
Big L. No one does punchlines or horror lyrics like he did.
>>
>>74402647
>No one does punchlines or horror lyrics like he did.
Cassidy has better punchlines than L.
Eminem's relapse captures the horror feel more than L did. L doesn't have a single track that matches the lyricism that's on Music Box or Stay Wide Awake, both songs focused around raping and killing some helpless bitch.

L is nice but people overrate him because he never had any flaws; no-negatives =/= super high positives
>>
>>74402771
Gravediggaz did horrorcore best followed by three 6 mafia and scarface
>>
lil yachty - hes for the youth
>>
>>74398838
This is a good man.
>>
>>74400408
I'd say him and Dre were about equal considering the beats are so iconic.
>>
>>74395320
I don't have one, there are so many good rappers. Chuck, KRS, Cube, Kane, Face, Del, ODB, Guru, bunch of others. I could never pick one.
>>74395720
Biggie's lyrics are shit though, and his production too pop. I mean, if anyone can be blamed for turning rap into pop, it's Biggie and Puffy.
>>
>>74401784
>Shame how it went after return to the 36 for ODB
Nigga Please is the better album, and A Son Unique has some really good tracks.
>>
Kendrick. You can hate all you want, but he connects with me like no other rapper. He has two great albums and the others are good too. I'd like to find someone else with two albums as good as GKMC and TPAB
>>
>>74403587
Correction: A Son Unique is also better and has almost only really good tracks. Funny thing about Return is that for other than the two best tracks (Shimmy Ya and Brooklyn Zoo, obviously), a lot of ODB's lyrics were jacked straight from old GZA freestyles.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.