[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do bands starts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: peter.jpg (44KB, 680x525px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
44KB, 680x525px
For example pic related, how did he start?

I assume you get enough people, produce a song or two and send them to record labels in hope of getting a deal.

What does a record deal mean? That you get some cash to write an album? Or should you have an album already made?

Do record labels promote gigs for the band?

I guess it obviously depends on the deal, I'm asking for the stereotypical procedure, just curious.
>>
>>74393836
In 1979, Steele formed the heavy metal band Fallout. In 1982, after the split of Fallout, Steele formed the thrash metal band Carnivore. With Carnivore, Steele's lyrics were often harsh, dealing with religion, war, race and misogyny. Carnivore released their debut self-titled album in 1985. In 1986, Steele wrote lyrics for several songs on hardcore punk band Agnostic Front's second album Cause for Alarm. In 1987, Carnivore released Retaliation, before splitting up later that year.

Steele formed the band in 1989 along with his childhood friends Josh Silver, Kenny Hickey and Sal Abruscato (later replaced by Johnny Kelly).[14] The band originally used the name "Repulsion", but had to change name in 1990 due to legal issues with the American grindcore band of the same name. The band then used the name "Subzero".[24] Steele had a tattoo of a minus sign contained within the number 0 that he originally intended to represent the Subzero band logo.[24] After discovering that another band was already using the Subzero name, and with his tattoo in mind, Steele came up with the name "Type O Negative" after hearing a radio advertisement requesting donations of type O negative blood.[24] When Type O Negative signed with Roadrunner Records, Steele signed his recording contract with a mixture of his blood and semen.[25]
>>
Bands don't start anymore

It's all hasbeens in bands now. Or industry plants.
>>
>>74393932

Labels no longer want to sign up bands.

Simply because its easier to control and sell a single person.
>>
>>74394470
No, retard, becuase their agenda has shifted
>>
>>74394793

Thats what I stated you retard
>>
>>74393836
In the 50's Enrique delgado realized that the people of Peru was losing their cultural roots, worried by the future of his community he climbed the tallest mountain of the Inca road.

Once in the forbidden valley of the Gods he asked them for a way to defend his culture for the foreign invasion, he knew that the anglos were harvesting the sounds of the dark continent.

Catequil the Incan god of lightning gifted him with the electric cumbia and the favor of the cumbia gods.

Upon that glimpse of divinity every note he played was inbued of the endless groove of the cumbia Gods.

Then he went to reunite with the other members of The Destellos band, but that's a story for another time.
>>
File: wew.jpg (19KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
19KB, 337x450px
>>74393836
>How do bands starts?
right now? you shill your bandcamp page 24/7 and save up for a van, then you take your van all around to gigs and sell shirts. you play house parties, shitty bars and wherever (as long as it's 'real') until some internet music demagogue like fantano starts shilling you. then you get more people donating small amounts of money for your material on your bandcamp page, which will hopefully go 'viral'. eventually you will be contacted by promoters to do 'fests' of varying repute and renown, to reach more people to sell shirts and shill bandcamp to. you will never get a piece of the door money and will be expected to accept payment in drink tickets, so i hope your shirts are really fuckin' cool.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.