[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it suicide to go to a Swans concert without earplugs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 18

File: earplugs.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
earplugs.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
Is it suicide to go to a Swans concert without earplugs?
>>
Haven't seen Swans but I have seen the other big LOUD bands and my takeaway was:

>Earth
Better without earplugs

>Boris
Right on the edge but probably should wear them

>Sunn O)))
Suicide without earplugs

Could be different based on venues though these were all at the same venue.
>>
File: 1502056324547.png (124KB, 903x983px) Image search: [Google]
1502056324547.png
124KB, 903x983px
>going to a concert so that you can't listen to the artist
Nice music taste faggot
>>
>>74393448
If it's an intimate venue space then yes.
>>
>>74393448
Really depends on how sensitive your ears are.

I saw Part Chimp in April and had to use earplugs about half way through the gig. I saw Napalm Death and Swans the month after, I didn't use earplugs for either, Napalm Death was fine but Swans was verging on uncomfortable.

I saw Sunn O))) last month and it was the most the intense experience I've ever had, had to use earplugs. Took them out for a split second and it was agony.

Get earplugs in case, usually they hand them out free at the bar. If it's getting too much put them in but if it's not, enjoy the intense and severe experience.
>>
>>74393448
Who the fuck wears ear plugs at a show? Are you fucks that sensitive and fragile?
>>
>>74393807
Enjoy your tinnitus, pleb.

Get ear plugs that only reduce the amount of sound getting into your ears without blocking certain frequencies.
>>
>>74393862
The ringing in your ears afterwards is part of the experience. If your performing i get it, outside of that you'd have to be a massive faggot. I've never even seen someone with ear plugs at a gig. If this has become a thing, it goes to show how shit these times truly are.
>>
>>74393905
t. Someone who never goes to shows
>>
People that go to Swans concerts don't care if they actually die there, let alone if they go deaf.
>>
>>74393905
>tinnitus is part of the experience
This is the worst post on this board atm
>>
>>74393517
You do realize how ear plugs work right??>>74393905
Have fun with tinnitus. That shit becomes permeant after prolonged exposure. There's nothing wrong with taking care of your body
>>
>>74393517
If you choose the right ones, ear plugs shouldn't muffle the sound. They just make you less vulnerable to permanent ear damage, snobby asshole.
>>
>>74393919
>>74393931
The fuck is wrong with you beta faggots. Holy shit! Like our generation was meant to be even more crazy and insane than anything before. Yet we mostly consist of boring dorks who are home before 11 on a Friday night, this generation fucking sucks. And I'm not trying to exclude myself from that but at least I'm no where near as bad as you fucking pussys.
>>
>>74393905
i bet you go to see some of the most harsh and brutally loud sounding bands right? king gizzard, death grips, chelsea wolfe and the list goes on im sure.
>>
>>74393995
Why the fuck would you want to damage your hearing?
>>
>>74394039
because otherwise you're le pussy
>>
>>74393995
you tell them anon! rawr :33
>>
>>74394009
I've been to many shows across different genres and never once thought i needed earplugs. The only time a show was a bit to loud was Motorhead, so i simply went to the back where it was ok.
>>74394039
But my hearing is fucking fine, and so is the hearing of pretty much everyone else whos been to shows and not worn ear plugs. Like every normal person since the start of rock n roll.
>>
>>74394063
>>But my hearing is fucking fine, and so is the hearing of pretty much everyone else whos been to shows and not worn ear plugs. Like every normal person since the start of rock n roll.

t. will need hearing aids at 35.
>>
>>74393995
>I love music
>so I will permanently degrade all my future experiences with it
>>
>>74394055
Oh come on, don't act like your not a bitchy nu-male. I mean seriously i didn't even know people wore ear plugs until this thread. Is this what we've come to?
>>
>>74393995
>Like our generation was meant to be even more crazy and insane than anything before.

Not really, I mean my ancestors literally owned people.
>>
Local bar shows with shitty bands playing loud and you 5ft away are louder than large venue shows
>>
I saw Swans last year at a decent-sized venue. I didn't wear earplugs and it wasn't notably louder than pretty much any other band I've seen. I think they stopped playing shows as loud as possible after they've been banned from venues in New York
>>
>>74394077
>>74394080
My mother has been to more shows than me shes 57 and her hearing is fine. Your worried about nothing and it makes you a bitchy dork.
>>74394099
>White guilt
>>
Most musicians have tinnitus, you hear most albums as they were originally intended to be heard if you do have it
>>
the best part of these threads are all the """"""alphas"""""" trying to justify their shitty choices and ringing ears
>>
>>74394136
Tinnitus is Patrician af. Ludwig Van had that shit, his music was dope.
>>
>>74394191
Your more feeble than my 57 year old mother. Your literally weaker than an old woman, you need 2 sort yourself out m8.
>>
>>74394009
Chelsea Wolfe is pretty loud nowadays, but yeah you'll live if you don't bring earplugs.
>>
>>74394140
>>74394239
Get a proper grasp on English grammar before posting here, retard.
>>
>>74394203
I definitely have it
>>
>>74394314
See, you have no argument so your just sperging out. Face it your a bitchy weakling and a total embarrassment.
>>
>>74394273
ill give you that but my point was that this guy is probably listening to shitty hair metal bands that have pretty primitive setups, versus drone metal bands and music thats harsher in general.
>>
>>74394356
Jesus, You haven't used the proper version of "You're" once.
>>
>>74394350
A lot of people are born witn it or are doomed to develop it later on it life. I hear there's things you can do about it as tech progesses they'll be even more things you can do about it.
>>
File: 1501337291619.png (125KB, 680x501px) Image search: [Google]
1501337291619.png
125KB, 680x501px
>>74394385
And that doesn't make me wrong in the slightest.
>>
>>74394402
Anything to get rid of it is expensive and risky. Some days, it's more notable than others. It's only going to get worse for me over time. Hopefully not to the point of it being unbearable, but as long as I take care of it now, I can put it off for a while longer.
>>
>>74394432
A typo is a one-off mistake that can be easily forgiven, but you're consistently misspelling words and using incorrect variants of them. It's no longer a typo, you're just a dumb kid who's probably still in middle school.
>>
>>74394358
not him but the best part is, none of us have to "beat" you in any kind of argument. We get enough satisfaction out of the knowledge that your """""alpha""""" ass will be deaf and you will never be able to listen to the music you love ever again within a few years time (assuming you go to shows regularly, which is in question due to your claim that you have never seen someone at a show wearing earplugs). This conversation is just a jolly exercise in bullying the mentally handicapped.
>>
>>74394461
I think what I've said has genuinely hurt you in someway and your trying to distract from that. If I have its for a reason, you orught to do something about yourself because being bitchy and weak doesn't help you in anyway. And it is possible to work on yourself.
>>
You should go to any concert with earplugs. Not for your ears, really, but because the sound engineer has to, by law, wear earplugs. This guy basically defines how you'll hear something; except he's listening through earplugs. If you do wear them, it's going to sound better because it's "mixed" for that.
>>
>>74394465
My dear mother is an old Punk and i think her hearing is better than mine. Its not alpha to not wear ear plugs its fucking normal. I think most people, especially older people would think its really fucking weird to wear ear plugs at a show. And it's something i personally have never seen. Your just being a dorky freak.
>>
>>74394515
>The retard tries to play a dime store therapist
Cute. Look up the word "projection" before Freud jumps out of his grave and runs over to your house.
>>
>>74394515
You need to work on your fucking grammar.
>>
>>74393448
not suicide, but i'd highly recommend getting some good earplugs (not the shitty foam ones that just muffle everything instead) just in case

my hearing was fucked for 3 days after i saw swans in may, didn't use earplugs
>>
>>74394140
your mom listened to weak ass music
>>
>>74393448
I went to one, front row, and I left my earplugs on the side at home so had to listen without them. It was really, really loud, there was like a weird ringing in my ears the entire way through outside of what was actually being played that I've never experienced before. My hearing was fucked for a few days afterwards, but it's mostly come back now. The frequencies that the snare was being hit at hasn't come quite all the way back, but otherwise it's fine. I wouldn't make a habit of doing it though.
>>
I've stood front row at most concerts and clubs I've been too. Most recently I was front row at the wasteland stage at edc, and I can personally say that i have at least a little hearing damnage and it's nothing to be proud of. Please protect your ears
>>
>>74393995
what are you trying to prove anon

have you ever seen the particular bands in question
>>
>>74394589
Yeah, i think you need the definition of that word. Its what your doing kek. Seriously do you actually wear those things to every show you go to? What if a cute girl starts talking to you and she sees them. Like its just really fucking weedy and repressed, if you can't let your hair down at a concert when will you? It aint normal m80.
>>
>>74394616
In other words, you sustained probably permanent hearing damage from one Swans show.

Wear earplugs.
>>
>>74394643
>n-no u!
Nice argument.
>>
>>74394465
...why did u tag me lol? im not the guy running around encouraging ppl to damage their ears.
>>
>>74394432
Okay, but your "internet tough guy" rants make you a cringey idiot who's doing nothing but polluting a thread.
>>
what the fuck do other people do when they go alone to a show in between sets?
i always go alone, and never know what to do. once the show starts it's fine
>>
>>74394597
Not an argument
>>74394613
Well your hearing is fine now
>>74394614
She was a punk in the 70s. People used to spit on each other for fun.
>>74394639
I've seen Lamb of God, Motorhead and other loud bands. I was really into metal as a teen, i don't think i have hearing problems. I've always had a bit of tinnitus from being a kid, i had this thing called glue ear so it's definitely from that.
>>
>>74394643
I don't even care about this argument you two are having.

I just find it funny that you've been told that you're using the wrong "your" multiple times, but you still keep making the same mistake.

I don't even care what your case is, I think you're a dumbass.
>>
>>74394697
Not be an autismo and just wait?
>>
>>74394704
>Well your hearing is fine now
from what i can tell, yes, but i wouldn't wanna repeat that. i'd rather not go deaf before i hit 25
>>
>>74394643
oh yea cause i'm totally going to see Swans to pick up chicks
jesus christ man get a grip, we aren't talking about going to see a pop group at a big arena, it's fucking Swans at (what is most likely) a relatively small venue. I'm seeing them at their last show in november and I was already planning on bringing plugs with me.
>>
>>74394681
I'm not tough and never claimed to be. My rants are on point, if i told my friends i was going to wear ear plugs to a show. They'd think i was being ridiculous and over careful, its something to be mocked imo.
>>
>>74394752
like i said in a previous post, get some proper earplugs, not foam ones. you really don't wanna lose any detail in swans' sound, you just wanna lower the volume
>>
>>74394697
Start a conversation with someone, I've made great friends at shoes I've gone to alone. Getba drink go ti the bar or someshit.
>>
>>74394763
>my friends are my arbitrators of logic

kek
>>
>>74394763
>over careful

YOU ARE A GOLDMINE YOUNG SIR. PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GET GRAMMAR LESSONS.
>>
>>74394763
being smart is to be mocked, got it
>>
>>74394737
>Not be an autismo
that's too hard
>>
>>74394717
Oh your so pedantic, i bet people love hanging with you at party's while you correct their language mistakes. Like seriously dude if im understood whats the problem. No need 2 be so uptight my negro.
>>
>>74393448
I wear plugs at any show, the etymotics er-20 earplugs are great.
>>
>>74394763
if you are >>74393995 then yeah youre kinda propping yourself up here m8. At a standard show id agree that headphones are unnecessary but we're talking about bands that go out of their way to make the most devastatingly loud music possible. Your average concert-goer would not be ready for Swans, at least at the volume they used to play at. Im not saying you'd for sure hurt your hearing without plugs but thats probably one of the last places you'd want to make that wager.
>>
>>74394697
i just find somewhere to sit and chill
>>
>>74393448
I think they would want it that way
>>
File: 110107-F-0000T-001.jpg (407KB, 1030x726px) Image search: [Google]
110107-F-0000T-001.jpg
407KB, 1030x726px
>>74393448
If you do decide to get ear plugs, make sure they're inserted properly or they won't do shit. Don't be like the faggot on the left.
>>
>>74393448
Yeah, it really is. They're unbelievably loud. And the funny part is they were even louder in their prime. Absolutely bring a pair. You don't wanna not have them on you if it gets too harsh.
>>
>>74394792
>>74394796
>>74394805
Look people your nitpicking over stupid shit. I know you hive mind types like to dogpile and can't think for yourselves. But at least where i live (London England) its just really weird to wear ear plugs to a show, i myself have never felt felt the need. It seems so unnecessary and overkill, like your meant to be having fun why have something else ypu have to think about.

Kek i can imagine you guys trying to have a conversation with those things on and people giving you funny looks. Because your shouting..
>>
>>74394921
take them out when you're talking then you absolute retard, unless you're
>talking while they're playing
then end yourself immediately
>>
>>74394851
I'm also >>74393995
So no I'm not trying to be hard, i saw Motorhead the self styled "loudest band in the world" and i didn't think i needed ear plugs then.
>>
>>74394965
>self styled
They're wrong
>>
>>74394949
The support acts are pretty shit half the time so of course one might talk while a band is playing. You fucks would probably just stand there cause "omg muh hearing damage". Look m8 however you want to put it wearing ear plugs if your not performing is just odd.
>>
>>74394965
im gonna tell you a secret anon, motorhead isn't anywhere nears as devastatingly loud as the bands mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>74394999
They sounded pretty loud to me. Lemmy's bass especially.
>>
>>74395014
And you can prove that somehow...
>>
>>74393448
You should wear earplugs if you don't want hearing damage. I've been to a Swans show. Most people were wearing them. You will still be able to hear the music, and it does not make you a pussy.

Have fun
>>
>>74394763
>Needing your friends to validate your safety precautions
How insecure can you get?
>>
>>74394965
all of the "loudest bands in the world" are self styled. Motorhead had a reputation for being loud, but Swans can be borderline industrial noise at body-vibrating volumes. Of course you have people that say Swans without plugs is an incredible experience, and therefore fine to do, but theres a reason people warn you about their shows.
>>
>>74395015
Is Motorhead the loudest show you've been to?
>>
File: SW1iEoiIcPJlI12j.png (114KB, 638x135px) Image search: [Google]
SW1iEoiIcPJlI12j.png
114KB, 638x135px
This is why you should wear earplugs at concerts.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/joycecohen/noise-kills-when-everyday-sound-becomes-torture

I know this is a buzzfeed article, but permanent noise induced pain and severe sensitivity to sound is a real consequence to loud noise exposure after a long period of time.

And yeah, tinnitus obviously. I don't mean your emergency broadcast system "EEEE" tinnitus, I mean piercing, shrieking, 100db jet engine tinnitus that swirls through your brain like a table saw and can't be masked by any noise.
>>
>>74395015
rush also sounded pretty loud to me. but then i went to a swans gig.
>>
>>74395044
Kek you really don't know me, but thats an aside. Me personally i feel no need for such a thing. And i think most concert goers would agree, for the throughout the history of rock and roll no one has felt the need fo ear plugs. I don't see today as being different,
>>
Is it suicide to go to a Swans concert without buttplugs?
>>
>>74395051
>>74395054
>>74395099
Man i think Dope Body were the loudest I've experienced. Shit was fucking awesome i think i would have duled the experience if i wore ear plugs.
>>
>>74395108
>for the throughout the history

Jesus. Stop. Please.
>>
>>74395108
the last person who should be able to speak for a large crowd spanning many decades is some autist posting on a tibetan graffiti forum
>>
>>74393448
I wear earplugs when I go to shows now

have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember, the thought of it getting irreversibly louder is fuckin scary
>>
>>74395063
>Buzzfeed
Sjws out!!! REEEEEEEE
>>
>>74395148
It literally has no limit to how loud it can go, and can eventually start causing ear pain and migraines.

If you want to be able enjoy music for the rest of your life, do not fuck around with loud noise.
>>
>>74395143
>>74395147
Literally not a fucking argument. Could you fucks at least try? Just watch old concert footage you see any ear plugs. This is some new weird shit.
>>
>>74394239
at least my ears work lol
>>
>>74395138
Then yeah, I think I understand your point, if that's the loudest band. And no, ear plugs don't work like that.
>>
>>74395201
My dear old mother has great hearing, unless you plan on putting your head against the speakers. Don't wear ear plugs people will think your a werido. Maybe they'll mistake you for a steward.
>>
>>74395195
I'm not arguing or commenting on your stance on earplugs. I'm just saying that your grammar is shit. You could be the smartest person in the world and I would still be on your ass.
>>
>>74395195
desu i think you're right. i would much rather listen to endless screeching at unbearable volumes than have to ever hear you talk in real life
>>
>>74395221
I don't think you know how loud dope body are. I would say you should see for yourself but unfortunately dope body are no more. :*(
>>
>>74395063
I agree with earplugs but I don't think anybody here is sticking their heads inside of kick drums
>>
>>74395258
I doubt they're louder than Swans though, or Sunn O))) or Boris or any of the bands mentioned here
>>
>>74395148
I have it a bit in my right ear from a bike tire tube blowing up next to my head. Honestly, people need to take care of their hearing, once it's fucked there's no going back. Luckily it's not bad, I can hear it in quiet but no over everyday ambiance or music. I wear plugs to protect it and my overall ear health.
>>
>>74395235
Yeah well that just makes you pedantic and unlikeable, however you try to spin in.
>>74395239
Oh so salty, my my. I have a beautifully well spoken English accent and a calm and soothing voice, slightly deep but not too much. It would be your loss I'm afraid.
>>
Do I need earplugs for Death Grips? I've literally never been to a concert in my life.
>>
>>74395271
Yes because you totally know how loud a defunct noise rock band you had never heard of were.
>>
>>74395317
I'm guessing you monkey based on Sunn O))) and Swans' reputation here.
>>
>>74395306
You'll be fine. Wearing ear plugs is barely a thing and incredibly dorky.
>>
>>74395341
>listing to what /mu/ has to say. Ever.
>>
>>74395355
Have you been to a Swans or Sunn O))) show?
>>
>>74394763
Well luckily when you're deaf you won't have to hear them mock you anymore.
>>
>>74395306
It will cause hearing damage. How much depends entirely on the person.

One concert likely won't change anything perceptibly for you.
>>
>>74395405
Yeah i saw them play the Antarctic Festival last southern hemisphere summer. Shit was dope, ate some funky food and puked tho. I balme the acid actually. Totally happened.
>>
>>74395417
So do you actually think most people who have gone to concerts all their lives are deaf. Or you trying to make some shitty point about something almost nobody does. Cause that's what the other /mu/tants are doing?
>>
>>74395489
>So do you actually think most people who have gone to concerts all their lives are deaf.
Not that guy, but there is very, very strong evidence that concerts cause hearing damage, especially over the long term. I'm not sure I understand why you're attempting to dispute an extremely basic and well understood reality.
>>
>>74395306
Always wear earplugs faggot.
To damage hearing permanently sound only has to be above 91dB for 2 hours, most concerts are above 100dB.
It doesn't actually have to be beyond the threshold of pain like most people think.
>>
>>74395533
this.

it's like trying to say that neglecting to brush your teeth won't cause cavities lmao
>>
>>74395489
You're a fucking retard. Educate yourself.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-n-roll-hearing-loss/
>>
>>74395533
I'm not, i just think that damage is negligible. Its like not drinking or enjoyed weed cause "oh noes what if i get addicted". We're all gonna die someday, maybe sooner than later, one orught to live and be carefree to an extent. People who don't seem to be pretty miserable and boring. And that is a well understood reality.
>>
>>74395594
>>74395553
See
>>74395613
Please don't be boring assholes. Your both probably young aswell, i always find it sad when young people act like someones parents.
>>
>>74395613
>i just think that damage is negligible
It's not negligible. It's measurable, and severe.
>>
File: Fig2Audiogram.gif (9KB, 350x388px) Image search: [Google]
Fig2Audiogram.gif
9KB, 350x388px
>>74395489
Not deaf, just damaged.
Noise induced hearing loss generally causes a loss of hearing at 4kHz (and then includes other frequencies if gets worse)
You don't need more exposure for it to get worse
High frequency hearing loss causes you to not hear the High frequency speech sounds like "S" "Sh" "Th" "F" and causes you to not follow conversations well
It ruins your frequency selectivity making is difficult to distinguish between certain pitches making the audio signal muddy
It makes it harder to distinguish sounds out of background noise
It gives you tinnitus
It gives you hyperacusis (soft sounds appearing painfully loud)
You could easily get one or more of these just from one concert. Just because you aren't completely deaf or need hearing aids doesn't mean you haven't fucked up your ears.
>>
>>74395613
>i just think
But you're a retard so what you think is irrelevant
>one orught to live and be carefree
And you can't do that with tinnitus, dipshit
>>
I saw them live, and earplugs are a must. Destroying your ears is not worth it
>>
>>74395167
>>74395297
I grew up with it, didn't even realise it wasn't normal until I read about it online when I was like 13

mum told me I had a burst eardrum from an ear infection when I was like 3, so I'm assuming that was the culprit
>>
>>74395651
Oh god i mean come the fuck on. I know a lot of old people, who've been to way more shows than I. They don't have hearing issues. I mean so there is a risk of having those issues. But there's a risk of dying when you cross the road or drive in your car. I mean when will you freaks stop? You gonna wear a crash helmet when you drive to work? Most car accident deaths are head injuries. Seriously when do you faggots allow yourselves to live?
>>
>>74395770
even if it's just a 25% risk of having to listen to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I'd still like to have control over not having to spend the rest of my life with it
>>
>>74395770
>You've never lived if you've ever had little foam things in your ears reducing sound from 100dB to 80dB
Wew lad, we sure are missing out
>>
>>74395817
This. People with Tinnitus sometimes commit suicide because it's so miserable. It's not something to fuck around with.
>>
>>74395715
>>74395746
I'm sorry lads, but your worrying about this shit is down to you not being risk takers. Its down to you being boring lameos. This isn't a normal thing for a young person to worry about. I mean you probably wonder why your life sucks it's because of you. You are so uptight you never allow yourself to live and its actually fucking sad.
>>
>>74395613
It's funny, Jason DiEmilio thought exactly like this.

>"Well, Henry you mentioned that to me earlier and it's a hard question to answer because many years ago, I said they were when I went to alot of shows. And I'd see these guys wearing earplugs all the time and it used to piss me off. I'd say "Why are these geeks wearing earplugs?" Then about 8 years later, my ears ring every night when I go to sleep. So now I know why those guys wore earplugs. I still don't wear earplugs. Some times I put rolled up napkins in my ears if it's too much and I want to be close to hear the band. So I think you are sort of a pussy if you wear earplugs but if you don't, you end up losing your hearing and it's not worth it. So I recommend wearing them, even though you're a pussy if you wear them. If you're 17 years old and wear earplugs, you're a pussy. If you're 30 years old and wear earplugs, that's okay. And that is the definitive answer." - Jason DiEmilio, The Azusa Plane

Years later, tinnitus, migraines, and severe, incratable noise induced ear pain completely ruined every aspect of his life to the point where being alive was literal torture. And then he killed himself.
>>
>>74394643
>What if a cute girl starts talking to you
It's a Swans show. This will not happen.
>>
>>74395770
>They don't have hearing issues.
The ones that have hearing issues stop going to shows. That's why you don't know them. And there are far more of them.
>>
>>74395852
>Not being risk takers

Gee, why would people who love music not want to roll the dice when it comes to their hearing? I wonder...
>>
>>74394789
the music before sets is so obnoxiously loud sometimes it's nearly impossible to have a conversation. usually I put my plugs in when the band starts playing, but just the other day I went to a show where I had to put them in as soon as I walked into the venue. great "DJ set" you fat whore.

anyway, just go to the bar and drink beers until the music starts.
>>
>>74395817
>>74395838
You look like dorks when you go to shows with those things in your ears. Maybe a cute girl was gonna talk to you but she sees those fucking things. You fuckers are closing doors without realising it. I mean Reeeeee all you want about hearing damage. Every one in the venue thinks your lame. Atleast with out those things you cqn pretend to be cool. (Fyi I'm not claiming to be cool so no anon can't try that one).
>>
>>74395872
not like anyone would even want that to happen at a swans show. when you see swans, the only person you want talking to you is gira after the show
>>
>>74395915
>giving a fuck about what other people think at the expense of your hearing.

Man, I'm sure glad I don't share your faggot mentality. What a stupid and petty existence you live. Soon you'll be stupid, petty and deaf.
>>
>>74395915
>worrying about other people's opinions

Kek
>>
>>74395915
m-my hair covers them though

I also have no idea what silence feels like, my tinnitus is probably much less severe than most cases you'll hear of, but every time I'm somewhere quiet, it's there

I can't imagine how much it must drive you insane once it starts properly overpowering everyday sounds
>>
>>74394788
thanks, any recs on which to get?
>>
>>74395915
>I'm not claiming to be cool
But you are cool, you're super cool.
All the best trollers are.
>>
>>74395951
Man, that's terrible. I've read about the depression that comes with Tinnitus and it scares the shit out of me. Have you heard of the tapping on the skull trick?
>>
>>74395861
>Listing to some dead guy
Seriously though he could have chilled in the back lik teh kool kidz yo
>>74395890
Well my dear old mother has perfectly fine hearing
>>74395906
Its why your lame my nig
>>74395911
Hey i will agree bars play their music far to fucking loud these days. It kills my voice the next day from having to shout in some chicks ear for however many hours.
>>
File: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (65KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
5Kg7Y04.jpg
65KB, 431x450px
>>74395915
>Maybe a cute girl was gonna talk to you
never seen that happen even from third person
>>
File: DougearFinal.jpg (14KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
DougearFinal.jpg
14KB, 300x370px
>>74395915
>You look like dorks when you go to shows with those things in your ears
You can't even really see them when you put them in properly unless you look really closely, and nobody is. Dumb people leave the giant orange foam ones hanging halfway out of their ears, but that's not how it goes if you have a real pair of musician plugs in a flesh color.
>>
>>74395955
etymotic makes some that won't drown out too much noise so you can still hear the music.

Try to avoid shitty foam ones. They often aren't inserted properly and when they are they don't filter the noise in a satisfying way.
>>
>>74395972
Not him, but I saw the video of the skull tap called "The Reddit cure"
Top kek
It actually worked for a minute.
>>
>>74396002
>hahaha wow hahaha you look like such a faggot hahaha i'm glad I'm sacrificing the ability to hear higher frequencies hahaha faggot pussy hahaha what did you say? speak up.
>>
>>74395940
>>74395942
You don't get it though there are people you'd probably wanna talk to that might just ignore your lame ass cause you got fucking ear plugs on. Life is all about those margins some small little thing can change your entire life. I dropped out of college cause i couldn't get my hair right. Best decision i made that entire year.
>>74395957
Thx dude i are am totz hella cool, nd ur cool 2!
>>
i went to one without earplugs and it was fine, no ringing in my ears or anything afterwards. was loud as fuck tho
>>
>>74395991
Bitch you know what i meanm your lame cop out proves nothing desu,
>>74396002
People will still notice, especially when you take them out.
>>
>>74396054
>I dropped out of college cause i couldn't get my hair right. Best decision i made that entire year.

Alright so really you're just a autistic troll. Glad we cleared that up. But in case you're serious and even if you're not, you're still the biggest faggot retard I've ever encountered on this board.
>>
>>74396091
>People will still notice
Yeah, but nobody worth talking to will care.
>>
>>74395972
actually just read about it last night, might give it a try. thankfully mine's only noticeable in quiet situations, it doesn't stop me from hearing nice outdoorsy sounds when I'm out in the sticks, which a lot of guys with it can't say.
it's kind of strange how it seems to really crank up when you're somewhere very quiet though, I've learnt to live with it, but it almost feels like someone's cranked up the volume dial when I'm out somewhere really quiet, like being in the country on a still night
>>
>>74396054
>I dropped out of college cause i couldn't get my hair right
kek
>>
>>74395955
personally had good experience with alpine's musicsafe pro's, they're about £20 on amazon. the stalks are a bit short, but other than that they fit my ears nicely and come with three different filters with different levels of noise reduction. also haven't noticed any lost frequencies with them.
>>
>>74393483
seeing boris in a few months, thanks
>>
>>74396114
I think music and other noise help drown it out. I read a lot of people keep music or something playing to help mask the ringing.

That really sucks dude, hopefully it doesn't get any worse.
>>
>>74396101
>>74396116
Seriously i am that ridiculous, but i know what i am I'm comfortable in my skin and for the most part i enjoy life. I think a lot of people of our generation are like old people, might as well already be dead. Life is about taking risks sometimes not worrying too much, just so shit and have fun. I mean why not the world could end pretty soon, the recant china India border clash is the kinda shit that might lead to ww3. Jesus I'm talking about geo poltics on mu. I think you get my point tho.
>>
ITT:
>haha pussy faggEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I bet this fucking retard would shoot guns without hearing protection, too.
>>
>>74396215
*just do shit
>>
>>74396145
can't recall it getting worse, just me becoming more aware of it lol
if anything has made it worse, it'd be from me attending and working at a bunch of motorsport events in the last 10 years, but now's probably a good time to wisen up with when I decide to chuck the plugs in
but yeah, as I said, mine would be nowhere near as bad as some of the cases you hear about, it doesn't seem to affect me going to sleep, which is one of the big suicide-fuel factors from what I've heard
>>
>>74396215
You type like a fucking retard.
>>
>>74396215
there's a difference between just doing shit and having fun and just doing shit and having fun while being smart about it
>>
>>74396114
>it's kind of strange how it seems to really crank up when you're somewhere very quiet though

Your focus makes it appear louder. Your brain makes it the priority thus making it louder.
Tinnitus, while can't be cured, can be treated but retraining the brain through therapy.
Intrusive tinnitus often comes down to the brain incorrectly labeling tinnitus as a "dangerous threat" which requires all your attention, like an actual threat does. When people are taught to understand tinnitus as benign, and attach more positive emotions to it, the brain more tinnitus from the "dangerous" category to the "who gives a fuck?" category, it no longer takes your attention and appears much quieter, or even appears to disappear completely, until you actively search for it.
>>
>>74396252
I'm on a 3 year old tablet, wat u expect?
>>74396261
Oh so you mean doing shit and not having fun
>>
>>74396133
which city you seeing them in?
>>
>>74396218
I shot a 22 without hearing protection, wasn't too bad. Maybe at a indoor shooting range youd need it but I've never been to one.
>>
>>74395852
Nice projection there friendo
>>
>>74396307
Hearing loss ain't fun, buddy. I've had enough experiences with old music enthusiasts not being able to hear me yelling at them from ten feet away to know that.
>>
>>74396306
Over time you can learn to disregard loud as fuck tinnitus, but that doesn't stop it from being loud as fuck.

Tinnitus does have an objective volume. You can't control the signal with your brain. A lot of people online who tell you that the volume only increases when you focus on it are people with mild as fuck baby tinnitus and have no idea what real tinnitus is.
>>
>>74396331
chicago, thalia hall
>>
My Bloody Valentine sounds like it might be painful live.

>>74393517
The artists also wear them.
>>
>>74396337
yeah, but that's a .22, they're no more powerful than a pellet gun, and there's one that even shoot at a higher fps than a .22. Used to own a badass beeman.
>>
>>74396337
You don't need hearing protection for a 22. they're quiet as shit.

>>74396215
You're not gonna enjoy life when you're deaf you fucking idiot. And you're acting like using earplugs is some life ruining exercise. How fucking stupid and lame is your life that wearing earplugs would ruin it. God you're dense and you almost deserve to go fucking deaf you dumb stupid moron. Fuck off.
>>
>>74396306
yeah, I can relate to that somewhat
when I'm somewhere really quiet, and it ramps up to feel all-encompassing in the absence of most ambient noise, it's almost comforting at times, since I've come to associate it with being alone in comfy places
>>
>You don't need hearing protection for a 22. they're quiet as shit.
a .22 is 130db according to google. that's instant hearing damage tier volume.
>>
>>74393448
I'm from a third world country where nobody talks about earplugs, when i went to a System of a Down & Queens of The Stone Age gig last year as my first big concert my head was about to explode during all the time there, i probably stood in the most violent area and got raped by their song, still to this day my ears were not the same, fucked for life most likely
>>
>>74396337
.22 are babby sized though
>>
>>74396390
>You don't need hearing protection for a 22. they're quiet as shit.
t. has never fired a gun before
>>
>>74396345
Says someone who wears ear plugs at shows, kek.
>>74396356
Well I'm alright so far, maybe I'll get back to you in a few years. Random internet person I'll most probably never talk to again
>>74396386
I shot a 5.56 machine gun one time as a cadet. Had massive ear defenders and definitely needed them anything above 22 is no joke. Though i really haven't been around guns that much.
>>
>>74396453
Enjoy life before the EEEEEEEEE, then.
>>
>>74396054
https://www.everydayhearing.com/hearing-loss/articles/should-i-wear-earplugs-to-concerts/

> Normal levels of conversation are around 65 decibels loud. Concert music levels can reach between 100 and 120 decibels loud. At a level of 110 decibels, hearing loss can occur after only two minutes of exposure.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wearing-earplugs-to-concerts-may-prevent-hearing-loss/

>For the study, researchers from the Netherlands randomly assigned 51 people, with an average age of 27, attending an outdoor music festival in Amsterdam into two groups: one in which the participants wore ear plugs and another where they did not... The study found that only 8 percent of people who wore earplugs experienced hearing loss following this exposure, compared with 42 percent of those in the unprotected group. Additionally, fewer participants wearing earplugs felt a ringing in their ears -- a condition known as tinnitus -- following the festival, compared to those who did not wear earplugs (12 percent versus 40 percent).

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/may/13/should-wear-earplugs-to-concerts

>Your hearing depends in part on delicate hair cells in the inner ear that transmit the energy from sound picked up by the outer ear to the brain, through converting it to electrical impulses. Loud noises blast and irreversibly damage these cells, leading to hearing loss and sometimes tinnitus, an unpleasant condition in which you hear ringing, whooshing or high-pitched whining sounds. When tinnitus is continuous it can be extremely distressing. A sudden loud noise such as a gunshot can cause irreversible damage immediately. Repeated exposure to loud noise causes a more gradual hearing loss, with voices sounding muffled and distorted... If you're at a concert or any place where you can't hear someone talk to you from two metres away or your ears start hurting, then your hair cells are being damaged.

believe whatever, but the science shows you will suffer.
>>
>>74396415
>>74396390
see: >>74396404
>>
>>74396390
Dude chill out. Like i know a lot of people who have never worn ear protection and they are completely fine. I'll take my chances and not look like a dork. Honestly my internet nigga there is something terribly wrong and weak within our generation. We will be remembered for being lame dorks and this hearing protection thing is just one reason why. And you fucking know it denial is pointless.
>>
>>74396506
>>74396444
>>74396404

My bad, I'm an idiot. I have fired guns before but mainly larger calibers and I always wore ear protection when using them.
>>
>>74396484
>>74396502
See
>>74396537
And try to not to be part of the problem, even though you inevitably will be and I'm probably only somewhat better but oh gee shucks. At least I'm trying.
>>
>>74396537
>Like i know a lot of people who have never worn ear protection and they are completely fine.
That's not how science works.

I know dozens of people who smoke a pack a day and they're "fine" too lmao.
>>
>>74396587
Stop samefagging so much
>>
>>74396614
Its not inevitable in the way you are trying to portray it. And that is also science bitch.
>>74396621
Gtfo newfag.
>>
>>74396337
shooting a .22 is like popping a balloon

might wanna shoot some real guns first before you go around calling people pussies
>>
>>74396702
Well i shot a L86 LSW when i was a cadet. And I'm gonna guess you never experienced full auto. Sooo no dice internet acquaintance.
>>
>>74393517
When sound is loud enough you can't distinguish anything within it.
>>
>>74396660
>Its not inevitable in the way you are trying to portray it.
Yes it is.
>>
>>74396702
A balloon popping is 140db, so a .22 is actually 10db quieter.

They're both loud enough to cause instantaneous hearing damage.
>>
>>74396843
You don't have the science anon i do. I have all the science, now be gone.
>>
>>74396851
I've popped a million balloons and I'm fine

I agreed with you but now I think you're just being ridiculous
>>
>>74396764
>he's a yuropoor

that explains the stupid
>>
>>74396926
>I'm fine
People keep saying this like it means something, but probably haven't had an actual hearing test to quantify it.

You definitely have hearing damage.
>>
>>74396943
M8 honestly do you actually use ear plugs at shows? Or you just trying to win an Internet? Cause its undeniably lame if you do and i think thats is all i have left 2 say
>>
>>74396991
I don't go to many shows but I'd wear earplugs to see swans or mbv

I'm sure I'm more interesting than you are anyways because I'm not trying to prove it to a Malaysian thimble trading forum
>>
>>74396991
Have you made a serious argument other than calling people who protect their hearing (backed by actual evidence) dorks and lame?
>>
michael gira doesn't, why would you?
>>
>>74396972
I can hear a crt tv turn on from a couple rooms over, my ears are fine

Stop being a little babby
>>
>>74397044
gira also rapes people
>>
>>74397054
>he thinks that because he can hear one frequency, he has no hearing damage
It takes talent to be this stupid.
>>
>>74396972
See this is what our generation has come to. My whole point this entire thread is out generation is lame and it sucks and we should face up to that. Every time I've said this people have been quiet about it. Its cause its true and you lot know it and you'd rather not face it or do anything. In the eloquent words of Donald Trump this is "SAD".
>>
>>74397044
Gira has been completely deaf for 30 years.
>>
>>74397081
I'm sorry that you need ear plugs to pop a balloon anon

Do you also put in ear plugs before you honk your horn?
>>
>>74397018
>I'm sure I'm more interesting than you are anyways because I'm not trying to prove it to a Malaysian thimble trading forum
Woah, where did that come from!!
>>74397042
I stated that the hearing damage is negligible. But thats not my main point nor should it be. The undeniable fact is you are lame dorks and its a sad reflection of our generation. This entire thread I've been making a larger point, but it's to uncomfortable for you lads to face up to..
>>
>>74395306
I would recommend wearing 'em for death grips.
I went a couple summers ago and my ears rang for like 72 hours.
I would never go again without earplugs because the idea of losing my hearing terrifies me.
>>
>>74397092
i never wore ear plugs at concerts and it ruined my life.

i want to lock you into a room until you're forced to eat your own shit and drink your own piss to stay alive.
>>
File: 1438696238331.png (122KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
1438696238331.png
122KB, 800x778px
what the actual fuck is this thread?
>>
>>74397165
Yeah see that's kinda fucked up dude. See why no one listens to you? Not that you can hear them kek.
>>
>>74397186
Ikr, like i didn't even know these fags were lame enough to wear fucking ear protection at a show. It really is that bad isn't it?
>>
>>74397191
listening to people like you is why i ended up this way.

people like you deserve to be tortured and killed.
>>
>>74397186
Based pepe
>>
>>74397186
leave
>>
>>74397159
>sad reflection on our generation that less people are willing to damage their hearing in an effort to not look "lame" in front of one retard on 4chan
>>
How does swans compare to lightning bolt
that shit was unreal, my ears rung for 5 days
>>
>>74397215
Dude smoke a blunt or someshit. Your in pain dude you need to let go.
>>
>>74397044
Gira also has deafening tinnitus and finds it taxing to listen to music because of it
>>
File: e99.png (132KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
e99.png
132KB, 800x778px
>>74397186
here you go
>>
>>74397263
Yeah but think about it like this. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth. Every cool thing that could approach you you'll say no. And it's not just you its a large section of an entire generation. Wasting away in their cubicles counting down the time until the day of their death..
>>
>>74397354
Fucking kek!!,
>>
>saw Death Grips last night
>was wearing ear plugs, but right one fell out about 10 minutes into their set
>now my right ear is ringing and feels a bit dull of hearing
It usually recovers right?
>>
>>74397375
Maybe, maybe not.
You'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>74397355
>how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth.
What does any of this shit have to do with wearing ear plugs?
>>
>>74397375
*usually*
>>
>>74397355
Cringe.
>>
>>74397375
The ringing might stop, but your ears have been permanently damaged. You're forever one step closer to the point of no return.
>>
>>74397387
Oh it has everything to do with ear plugs. Same type of nigga to wear ear plugs at a show, is the same type of nigga to rot in an office and never do anything worth while.
>>
>>74397355
>Hey man wanna shoot yourself in the cock with this rifle?
>Nah I'm good
>MILLIONS OF YOUNG MEN ARE WASTING AWAY AFRAID TO LIVE THEIR FULLEST EXISTENCE
>>
>>74397355
yeah, let's just stop going to doctors too because that's too safe and no fun. fuck, let's remove traffic lights while we're at it and have a free for all on highway and live like free spirit hippy faggots smoking crack all day.
>>
>>74397355
not wearing ear plugs to a concert for a band that is notorious for playing ridiculously loud shows has nothing to do with an unwillingness to take risks in life, it's just being smart. I would love for you to explain how it has anything to do with that.
>>
>>74397397
>>74397423
I'm not wrong and you can't prove me wrong hence the sneer. Stay Pleb /mu/.
>>
>>74397423
I burst the fuck out laughing at this post
>>
>>74397354
kek
>>
>>74397355
Imagine being this much of a stupid faggot.
>>
>>74397355
this has to be bait.
>>
>>74397355
new pasta?
>>
>>74397434
Crack is based desu. Danny Brown smokes crack and hes cool as shit. Your lame if you don't wanna be like Danny B.
>>
File: lol.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>74397355
>>
>>74397355
I'm embarrassed for you
>>
>>74397355
>hey man wanna go smoke crack and drive the wrong way on the interstate?
>no thanks I'd rather not
>Yeah but think about it like this. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth. Every cool thing that could approach you you'll say no. And it's not just you its a large section of an entire generation. Wasting away in their cubicles counting down the time until the day of their death..
>>
>>74397463
>>74397480
>>74397481
>>74397496
>>74397524

Think about it my nigs. I mean you might aswell wear a crash helmet when you drive if your gonna wear ear plugs at shows. And why not remove all the pointy things out your kitchen don't wanna get hurt. We have to remove anything remotely dangerous now don't we. Its the progressive future after all, Hillary Clinton represents us, Lena Dunham is cool and funny.
>>
>>74397553
>you wear ear plugs to a Swans concert? FUCKING LIBERAL KEK
listen to yourself
>>
>>74397532
That actually sounds fun desu.
>>
I've seen Swans and MBV without earplugs, both bands twice, your ears just ring for about a week and then youre good
>>
was at a swans concert in festival setting and it was REALLY loud, use earplugs
>>
>>74397564
Bigot!
>>
>>74397553
Every time you go to a concert above 110 dB without protection, you will face hearing damage. But every time you drive, you will not crash. Terrible analogy.
>>
>>74397568
until you're not
>>
Saw them at a rather small venue in May, they were handing out earplugs at the entrance but I opted not to wear any because I couldn't really tell how loud it was until after the show ended and I couldn't hear shit for a good 9 hours

mild tinnitus has emerged since, so I'd suggest at least taking them with you in case it gets a bit too intense
>>
>>74397553
>you might aswell wear a crash helmet when you drive
Why? We have airbags and seatbelts.
>why not remove all the pointy things out your kitchen don't wanna get hurt.
Because those things don't hurt you if you use them properly, just like how concerts won't hurt you if you use hearing protection properly.
>>
>>74397582
I crashed my 2001 Toyota Corolla the other week, i got distracted by some bigoted graffiti. Crash helmets should be mandatory.
>>
>>74397553
You wear your seat belt when you drive? You're a fucking pussy who never takes risks. You cook your food before eating it? You fucking loser. Don't tell me you're one of those fags that puts the safety constraints on when they go on roller coasters.
>>
>>74397608
>>74397630
Jokes aside. Does your life as a domesticated white male living in the 21st century feel fulfilling?..
>>
>>74397423
kek
>>
>>74397669
>jokes aside
>only one post can even reasonably be considered as a joke
Just admit it, you're wrong.
>>
>>74397669
yea
I always love how people that get called out on their bullshit and get mocked for it go "guys i was only joking"
>>
>>74397355
this is the most retarded thing I've read in a while
>>
File: 1499742404343.jpg (154KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499742404343.jpg
154KB, 600x600px
>>74397669
Dude, you've made it obvious that you're insecure as hell. Fuck off.
>>
>>74397679
You do mean the hearing damage thing right? Not the greater social commentary I've been pushing this entire thread?
>>
>>74397726
Insecure? Kek, again you fags really don't know me. But thats an aside, i mean do you really have nothing intelligent to say about my err "social commentary? Like do you really enjoy your neutered existence in which you wear fucking ear plugs at a show??
>>
>>74393483
Earth isn't a loud band, they're closer to a post-rock group than anything compared to Boris and Sunn O)))
>>
>>74397669
>Jokes aside
>haha I was just le joking in my previous post and pretending to be dumb lmxdxd!!1
damagecontrol
>>
>>74397717
I'm not joking. When i said jokes aside i meant me pretending to be a progessive. I mean shit anon don't be so dense.
>>74397721
And it's retarded because...?
>>
File: 1473492302873.png (435KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473492302873.png
435KB, 800x800px
>>74397785
tell us more about how free and wild you are. really, i am interested in what you're like
>>
>>74397785
>do you really have nothing intelligent to say about my err "social commentary? Like do you really enjoy your neutered existence in which you wear fucking ear plugs at a show??
>social commentary
So how was watching v for vendetta for the first time?
>>
>>74397830
He quit college because he couldn't get his hair right.

Born free. A true rebel.
>>
>>74397803
No no don't be dense. I was joking about being progessive wasn't i. "Hillary Clinton represents me". I'm not that kind of "damage control" person. I very strongly believe in what i believe and its funny how none of you have any argument against it.
>>
>>74397858
Do you unironically support doing these?
>>74397630
>>74397532
>>74397423

Just because you ignore people's arguments against you doesn't mean they have none
>>
>>74397785
At this point it's obvious you've never been to a concert louder than a Taylor Swift show
You have been projecting your insecurity onto us this whole time. So obsessed with your masculinity and not being perceived as weak that you attack others for doing something as simple as wearing ear plugs to a Swans concert. You think that it reflects all of our lives, when in reality your feelings on the matter greatly reflect yours. The social commentary makes genuinely no sense when you think about it. Do you think you're a pussy if you wear ear protection to a gun range? Is wearing a seat belt something only wimps do? You feel this need to be tougher and stronger than everyone else, because deep down inside you feel weaker and more scared than everyone else.
Imagine being so fucking insecure and self conscious that wearing ear plugs to a concert is enough to send you into a shit fit.
That's the type of shit middle schoolers get upset over.
>>
>>74397830
Ermm, i like camping i don't have a job. I question the current narratives in the media and various other cleches. All you people have to say back is herp durr your a hippy i mean does that make me somehow wrong?
>>74397850
Look you can make your jokes, some of which are amusing but really. Do you actually like and agree with our climate? Do you like how pathetic our generation is? Or do you actually agree with me to some extent and just wanna fuck with me, which i could get kek.
>>
>>74397939
stop falling for the bait
>>
>>74397939
Yeah but think about it like this. If your so risk averse, how are you going to take the steps and make the decisions that make a man win in life. The risks that keep the economy going, the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth. Every cool thing that could approach you you'll say no. And it's not just you its a large section of an entire generation. Wasting away in their cubicles counting down the time until the day of their death..
>>
>>74397950
remind me how wearing ear plugs to a concert reflects any of that
>>
>>74397988
it's a new meme
>>
>>74397988
>>
>>74397950
> the risks that make for great stories, adventures and so forth.

>"I didn't wear ear plugs at a concert."
What a story.
>>
>>74397913
Those are straw man arguments. Gimme something real.
>>74397939
Kek you've got it so wrong. I just think people are living a neutered existence, worrying alk the damm time. It's nothing much to do with being a man its about, not getting carried away with fear and actually taking idk a normal healthy approach like people in the 20th century and before did.
>>74397950
I genuinely hope this becomes a meme.
>>
>>74398010
Gas the kikes, hitler did nothing wrong was a meme. Now people genuinely think that way. Hopefully my statement becomes a meme and people will come to see things my way..
>>
>>74398043
How does wearing earplugs to a concert display "getting carried away by fear". Also, I'd like for you to explain why those "straw man arguments" are an unfitting analogy of your argument
>>
I came onto /mu/ for the first time to talk about ween demos, this thread is fucking golden
>>
>>74398043
yea man, fuck vaccines, 100 years ago they didn't have all the ones that we have now
>>
>>74393483
Swans is worse than any of those

SUNN O))) is loud bassy stuff that's still kind of easy on the ears at loud volumes. It rattles your body though. I'd still wear earplugs but I took them on and off to fully appreciate what they were going for.

Swans without earplugs would probably suck
>>
>>74398111
Its a grotesque paradox of what i believe. I think people should not be so restricted and repressed in life. I think our generation who have grown up with health and safety, poltical correctness etc. Have become very boring and unimaginative because of it. Its like a generation of regan era social conservatives. Some of us don't even drink or fuck, its just so boring.
>>
>>74398199
>paradox
Exaggeration. The word you're looking for is exaggeration.
>>
>>74398199
>Its a grotesque paradox of what i believe.
Learn English you stupid motherfucker.
> I think people should not be so restricted and repressed in life
"Stahp wearing ear plugs it looks ghey, don't let anyone else tell u wat 2 do"
>I think our generation who have grown up with health and safety, poltical correctness etc. Have become very boring and unimaginative because of it
Jesus Christ, use some fucking commas.
>Its like a generation of regan era social conservatives. Some of us don't even drink or fuck, its just so boring.
I'm sorry, so you're for people doing whatever they feel like, but as long as that involves doing the shit you want to do? You're a selfish cunt.
>>
>>74398199
How boring and unimaginative of you to go to a fucking Swans concert in the first place
Get off 4chan, walk outside, go to a party or something, the world you're describing is a projection of your own milquetoast existence
>>
>>74398199
And how is putting small foam shaped objects in your ears to protect your hearing being restricted or repressed? Tinnitus is a bitch. It's like calling people repressed because they put antibiotic cream and a bandage on a cut that they don't want to get infected.
>>
A good article about music, hearing loss, ear plugs and tinnitus (albeit catered towards dance music fans)
https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2985
>>
>>74398233
Actually i was going to say parody. I mean of course i don't think i should shoot myself in the dick thats just a non argument. I mean surely at this point you can see what I'm getting at. Even if you think I'm being over the top or ham fisted. Our generation are just a tad boring compared to how previous generations were at our age.
>>
>>74398259
God you're boring
>>74398278
I've never listened to swans except for one song my dying bride covered and it was somehow more depressing than mdb
>>74398295
You know if you get a cut and don't bandage it, chances are you'll be fine.
>>
>>74398309
>I mean surely a this point you can see what I'm getting at.
everyone knew what you were getting at since the beginning, it's just that what you're getting at is retarded and obvious projection
also, try googling words you don't know before using them you pseud
>>
>>74398360
>God you're boring
Cool, i don't care what you think you fucking retard, they're your ears to fuck up.
>>
>>74398199
YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

DEPENDING ON THE VENUE, A BAND LIKE SWANS CAN LITERALLY BE PAINFUL TO LISTEN TO WITHOUT SOME KIND OF HEARING PROTECTION. YOU LITERALLY FEEL IT IN YOUR FUCKING GUT. IF YOU DON'T WEAR EARPLUGS IN SMALLER VENUES YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY FUCK UP YOUR EARS. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR RETARDED LE WRONG GENERATION SHIT.
>>
>>74398360
>chances are you'll be fine
Then that was a bad example, considering that if you go to a loud show without earplugs, you will almost have an 100% chance of developing hearing damage. I don't understand why you're putting any part of your health at risk to not seem boring, you sound like a teenager.
>>
>>74398360
You've never listened to Swans? And you're judging people for wearing ear plugs to one of their concerts???
Listen to this and imagine it being blasted at you at the highest volume possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaMwAvDfO9E
>>
I didn't even think Swans was the loudest band I saw without earplugs, this was before I became sensible (and developed slight tinnitus) and started wearing earplugs to every show
A Place To Bury Strangers, Boris (during their Flood tour) and Dinosaur Jr I thought were louder
>>
>>74398368
So you do think we should be boring and middleaged in our behaviour. Even though we're not even in our middle 20s yet. Oh yes the new world is so great, our progessive future truly is better than any other time. Music is at its best, movies are great. Everything is as good as it will ever get..
>>
>>74398457
the world isn't more boring you retard, you're boring and you're projecting how boring you are into the world
the average person is much more interesting than some random retard who thinks not wearing earplugs in shows is some kind of social statement
>>
>>74394356
t. brainlet
>>
>>74398399
All caps rage, kek see you fuckers know I'm right but won't admit it on an Anonymous chinese fisting website.
>>74398401
I really think you'll b3 fine m8
>>74398408
Added to watch later
>>
>>74398199
t. teenager who watched fight club for the first time
>>
>>74398457
Putting yourself in pointless danger is funny when you're like 16, and even then that's only setting off firework from your dick stupid, not wearing earplugs is never gonna make a fun story or do anything but fuck up your ears.
>>
>>74398489
Seriously your just too young to know, maybe. Everything is becoming more regulated sanitary and dull. It only is allowed to happen cause you fuckers let it happen.
>>
>>74398507
you genuinely can't have an opinion on this matter if you've never heard their music. That's how it works. You live in a bubble of ignorance and insecurity.
I would have linked the full album but I know you don't have the ability to listen to it all. So listen to that song and feel embarrassed
>>
File: IMG_3506.png (214KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3506.png
214KB, 512x512px
>>74398550
>Seriously your just too young to know
t. just turned 18
>>
>>74398523
The ear plugs are symbolic of a larger phenomenon that you lack the perspective to see. They themselves aren't the worst thing
>>74398551
You really have no idea m80, maybe your projecting? I've heard more extreme shit live, Girl Band were pretty loud. Have you heard of them before?
>>
>>74398579
Another non argument. Shit this is getting boring come up with something jesus h christfag.
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (17KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
17KB, 480x318px
>>74398646
>everything is an argument
I'm just laughing at you m8
>>
>>74398615
How the fuck would you know that what you've listened to is more extreme and loud than a band you've never even heard before? Swans is known for being deafening. I can't imagine being this ignorant and willing to admit it
>>
>>74398668
Lack of argument? Gimme something desu
>>74398691
I just listen to it definitely loud but you know if you like that shit why wear ear plugs.
>>
I go to shows without earplugs, I'm so fucking punk.
>>
Looks like the thread is dead. You fags are seriously boring if you think not wearing ear plugs is dangerous or someshit. I don't care how you try to cut it.
>>
>>74398755
Ear Plugs make it so you can listen to it. I think you lack the basic understanding of how they work. At the concert the music is going to be so loud that much of it is just going to sound like noise. With a good set of plugs you can now hear the songs and drown out all the unnecessary noise. It doesn't muffle the music like you clearly think.
>>
>>74398809
you're 16 aren't you
>>
>>74393483
Just got back from seeing Neurosis tonight. Can also confirm that they are really fucking loud.
>>
>>74398844
>>74398871
You know what to be contrierian as fuck. Maybe i will wear ear plugs next time in go to a show. Even though its lame and dorky as shit.
>>
>>74399026
oh wow you're really showing us
you're so cool for not wearing hearing protection to a show, man. you're really sticking it up to those damn liberals.
>>
>>74398956
Saw them and Converge on Wednesday. can't imagine seeing them without earplugs. (also a little cheesed that they didn't play Takeahnase at that date but great show regardless)
>>
>>74399026
>Gets BTFO'd by everyone
>realizes how stupid he was but has too much pride to admit it, decides to wear ear plugs "ironically"
>>
>>74399068
You seem genuinely annoyed or something. I seriously didn't know this was a thing until this thread but to be typically /mu/tated and and contrierian. I'll do next show i go to I'll try everything once.

Though isn't it funny how liberals have become just as conservative as conservatives?
>>
>>74399085
Nah you lot dog piled that isn't getting btfo. I don't care how many people might have an opinion, your still wrong. I'm not actually going to wear those things, I'm just being a lil shit stirr by saying i will. Cause that annoys you people.
>>
>>74399129
oh yeah wearing earplugs is a very contrarian thing to do, only /mu/ does it.
and yeah of course people trying to CONSERVE their hearing are CONSERVATIVES haha makes a lot of sense you're obviously not a fucking retarded le wrong generation child
>>
>>74393862
i really like noise music so i'm trying to get tinnitus
>>
>>74399209
I'm not le rong gen. I just think we could be better, i mean we won't be but ya know a man can try, i bet ya in like 20-30 years people will look back on us as lame and shit. And you really should agree with me on that one cause you know its true. Ear plugs aside. I mean you wouldn't be mad if i was wrong on that front.
>>
>>74399026
>calls the people who don't want to damage their ears contrarians
no idea we were a minority
>>
>>74397408
lol you make it sound like death
>>
>>74399263
I don't agree with you on that because that's a fucking retarded statement and shows that you don't leave your house much
I know you won't change your mind because you're a stubborn teenager and I seriously hope you get tinnitus.
>>
>>74399321
Really you think people will look back on lil uzi and dyed hair college students wih fondness? Ha try arguing that one I'd like to see you try. Like really dude you think people will think we were cool?
>>
>>74399287
People commit suicide because of it
>>
>>74399359
ah yes, I forgot that every single decade is perfect except for the current one
you're a le wrong generation fag in denial
>>
>>74399385
I love how you convently ignored that, you are the one in denial friend. Don't get me wrong those flares in from the 70s and shit like smash mouth from the 90s ain't fondly remembered. But this entire decade is shit like that and your on the "wrong side of history" to think otherwise.

You wouldn't name one thing from this decade that future generations will think was cool. And i do mean wouldn't. Let's just hope the 2020s aren't too bad..
>>
It's times like these that I realise /mu/ has the attitude of a poindexter collective hivemind like r/atheism or something. It's funny watching you very stuck up people try to prove some random internet stranger wrong, replying to every post with the greatest superiority complexes and attitudes of cowardly narcissicm I have ever seen. It's shameful and funny.
>>
>>74399470
see >>74399385
you're a fucking retard. this decade will be remembered as much as any other decade
and of course I don't know what future generations will think is cool, I can't see the fucking future
>>
>>74399593
t. the guy everyone is calling a retard
>>
>>74399593
/Thread

Thx anon
>>
>>74399638
Yep, proving my point bro, but i'm not him, did you do anything worthwhile recently?
>>
File: classic.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
classic.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>74399840
yeah, sure you aren't
>>
>>74399593
New to 4chan?
>>
>>74399890
no
>>74399859
easy bugs...
>>
>>74399859
He really isn't, me. I mean he said it better than i could. Your so obsessed with being right and having the same opinion as every other fuck in this thread you couldn't bare to entertain my arguments or put forth your own. Not that i didn't find this entire thing amusing. I mean I'm a meme now kek. Shit man i mean i think you know I'm right but won't admit it or someshit.
>>
File: 1462949103205.gif (3MB, 557x402px) Image search: [Google]
1462949103205.gif
3MB, 557x402px
>>74399943
There's no way you're not underage.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.