[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was going on in /mu/ the first time you visited the board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: KoL_1298039977.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
KoL_1298039977.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
When I entered Pic related was just revealed to be the album cover for KoL, everybody was shitposting about it, fun times
>>
>>74386989
That's about when I started lurking. Everyone thought it would be a post-rock album because there were only 8 songs. kek
>>
>>74387026
But TKOL is a post-rock album.
>>
Right around when Youre Dead by Flying Lotus came out and everyone circlejerked it. Good times
>>
What was happening in 2013?
>>
>>74387237
I mean sure but its a broad label
>>
>>74386989
same as now.
kids shitposting.
>>
>>74387237
It's actually kraut
>>
There were about 5 or so MPP threads up at every moment.
>>
muse won a grammy
>>
My first day was the day moot left, everyone was posting goodbyes for him.

Still not sure if coming here was worth it.
>>
everybody was obsessed with my beautiful dark twisted fantasy.

i guess that only narrows it down to any time between today and seven years ago.
>>
File: kwest-mybeau_03.jpg (689KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kwest-mybeau_03.jpg
689KB, 1000x1000px
>>74388961
Me too

This board was unusable, I almost stopped coming here. I even went to Yahoo! Answers where I met my girlfriend. Thanks Kanye.

I stopped coming here eventually, but because I grew up.
>>
>>74389005
We're here forever.
>>
pretty sure the catalog was 80% ITAOTS album cover
>>
>>74389179
thepope was the realest nigga
>>
I came to see people's opinions on the newest Kanye West album, 808s & Heartbreak
>>
File: Plastic Beach.jpg (62KB, 382x380px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic Beach.jpg
62KB, 382x380px
Can't remember what was going on in late 2009, but dick ants was definitely the first big thing I recall being here for.
>>
>>74386989
I can't even remember when I first came here.
>>
The usual ARE DEATH GRIPS COOL OR NOT
>>
File: 226305.jpg (47KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
226305.jpg
47KB, 445x445px
I recall people wanking over this.
>>
>>74386989
There were like a thousand fucking threads about this album
>>
whassis name?
casket jack?
the guy had the GYBE cassette?
thats when i got here

that shit was funny
>>
I would pop by from time to time but when I first started seriously lurking it was:

J E N N Y D E A T H W H E N

I'm pretty new.
>>
>>74387237
>Good
>>
Around the time of My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky.
>>
mpp hype
>>
>>74386989
some shitposting about noticing selly-ester watts field in some album
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
People were talking about pic related and Lonerism
>>
>>74389005
How do you meet a girl on yahoo answers wtf?
>>
It wasnt when i first came here but 2009 to 2010 when odd futures buzz was going really strong is something I remember pretty clearly. They were hailed as the new Wu-Tang.
>>
I came here for stoner rock threads in 2010
>>
>>74391245
I recall people wanking over Mastodon
>>
the first time I visited? I have no fucking clue lol
I remember when GKMC came out a year after I had started and all the threads about it
>>
Tyler's new album dropped and the /mu/ speculated his sexuality
>>
One of the first times I came here, there was this meme of Nirvana's Bleach. It was all over the board.
>>
in between yonkers video and goblin dropping
everyone was looking forward to it so much
>>
File: ajj776.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ajj776.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
There was a cool thread we we followed a livestream of an Andrew Jackson Jihad concert. Next day was Record Store Day and there were many good threads on that (probably the last truly great RSD)

This was a few days after "The Money Store" leaked, so that was the big thing on the board then. Took me another 3 years to listen to it
>>
>>74386989
MPP leaked
>>
People with actual taste. It's mostly a pleb outbreak now.
>>
TLOP
>>
When I first started browsing here regularly was the peak of In The Aeroplane posting and the odd future craze.
>>
>>74391974
>the guy had the GYBE cassette?
The hype for that bullshit was unreal. I wonder if it's still in the archive.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.