[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Purity Ring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: trash.jpg (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
80KB, 1000x1000px
How is it possible for people to prefer this over Shrines? It has a single good song, and a bunch of background noise. The few friends I have that enjoy PR have told me they don't like Asido because it "sounds like that weird first album."
>>
>>74386116
Its poppier, warmer, more accessible. Your friends showed their power level and its grim.
>>
>>74386138
>Its poppier, warmer, more accessible
Dear god I hope they stop doing this. Why the hell did Corin think this was a good idea in the first place?
>>
>>74386213
I'm not sure. They're in an over saturated genre and somehow managed to stand out on their first LP. They set themselves up so well but then just become more generic. Might as well be Made In Heights.
>>
>>74386329
>but then just become more generic
Which is what I am just baffled by. All they have to do to stand out is continue in the same style as Shrines; it's not like that would be restrictive in any way. They've already got the live performance set up to be fucking great, so why would they dilute the music into generic trash?
>>
The why is pretty simple, they prob didn't feel they could better the first album without making it again. A lot of bands make a unique first album and then go super acessable. Now they are working with Katy perry so it was a p smart business move on their end.
>>
File: 9-18-2009.jpg (71KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
9-18-2009.jpg
71KB, 480x380px
>>74386531
>they are wokring with Katy perry
fuck it's over.
>>
>>74386116
A huge complaint people generally have with Shrines is that it's very one-note, and as much as I love Shrines I can completely understand that. I think they milked that formula for everything it's worth.

I really disagree about another eternity having one good song though. Push Pull, Repetition, Stranger Than Earth, and Dust Hymn are all solid.
>>
>>74386937
>very one-note
?
I don't understand.
>Push Pull, Repetition, Stranger Than Earth, and Dust Hymn are all solid.
begin again and dust hymn are the only good songs on the album.
>>
I like both.
>>
File: 1467848153729.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467848153729.gif
1MB, 500x500px
Shrines was so much better it was like witchouse mixed with synthpop.
>>
>>74387239
one-note
adjective
"unvarying in tone or emphasis"
Shrines doesn't have much variety to it, which I don't think is a bad thing, but I can see why others would and why Megan and Corin wouldn't wanna do it again.

Begin Again is just kinda boring to me, the chorus isn't that noteworthy and the drop is lame.
>>
I kinda prefer Another Eternity, but Lofticries will always be their goat song.
I also think they were greatly helped popularity-wise by this fan made video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tuKkeQDSek

>>74386531
>Now they are working with Katy perry
wtf
RIP
>>
>>74387406
>Shrines doesn't have much variety to it
I don't agree at all. If anything, another eternity has no variety to it. It's very derivative, simplistic """alt-pop""" all the way through.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.