[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

brian eno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: eno.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eno.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
what's his best work? what's your favourite? what do you think of him?
eno general i guess
>>
>>74368418
another green world
>>
>his best work
another green world maybe
>what's your favorite
before and after science
>what do you think of him?
An excellent producer and rock artist with a really unique take on his music, and tons of FUN material to listen to
>>
>>74368480
just listened to this for the first time ever and i love it so much.
>>
>>74368418
THE most pervasive artists of our time in music and sound.
>>
File: Windows95BOXSHOT.png (143KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
Windows95BOXSHOT.png
143KB, 284x350px
>his best work
the sound effects for microsoft windows 95
>>
>>74368418
One of the best. You need to not worry about "the best" and just realize he's released a metric shit-ton of great music. Taking Tiger Mountain, Here Come the Warm Jets, Another Green World, and Before and After Science are essential rock albums. For the ambient works, On Land, The Shutov Assembly, The Drop, The Pearl + Plateux of Mirror ( both with Harold Budd), After the Heat, Fourth World 1 (w/ Jon Hassel), Music for Films, Small Craft on a Milk Sea. Hell just download his entire discography, it's awesome
>>
what happens when he leaves us, guys
>>
>>74368418
his art rock stuff is pretty dank and overlooked
>>
>>74368640
Shit, how could I forget "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts"? One of the best albums of the 80s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxeO0LBR6GY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akr9QFo1PSs
>>
this was the first Eno song I ever heard, it's still my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yc5j60LSNo
>>
His songs are incredibly well crafted and contain some highly regarded instrumental performances by some all-time greats, such as Fripp's demonic solo in Baby's on Fire, or his genius and unconventional guitar runs in St. Elmo's Fire. See also, Percy Jones fretless bass on Sky Saw.
>>
A god.
>>
>>74368418
Shutov Assembly
>>
>>74368816
my fav Eno track here, the riff hints at indonesian influences, very good pop
>>
>>74368927
i'm inclined
>>
>>74368783
The demo version of Jezebel Spirit is gorgeous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95FXn5AtOxw
>>
Another Green World and Here Come the Warm Jets are his best solo albums. Neither are as good as the first two Roxy Music albums tho.
>>
anyone else not that crazy about another green world?

I've never been able to get into it, even tho I like before and after science and his ambient stuff a lot
>>
Shame he started working with the likes of U2 and Coldplay
>>
>best work
Another Green World, easily
>favorite
also Another Green World, though Here Come the Warm Jets and Before and After Science come very close on individual merit
>what do I think of him
Best producer to have lived, can direct and shape an artist's sound like none other, lots of good listening material to be had too
>>
Y'all heard about the reissues of a few of his albums that came out yesterday? HCTWJ and AGW and a few others I think. Anyone getting them? Do you think they're worth getting?
>>
I really like the stuff he did with Robert fripp
>>
>>74368418
another green world, discreet music, ambient 1, taking tiger mountain, apollo
>>
File: verydemon.jpg (20KB, 312x333px) Image search: [Google]
verydemon.jpg
20KB, 312x333px
I'd like this guy if he'd stop pissing on people and putting his feet inside their butts
>>
>>74368593
Definitely this. It's amazing how much emotion is packed into a 5 second startup sound
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.