[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think /mu/? Is Pet Sounds worthy of its genius and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

What do you think /mu/?

Is Pet Sounds worthy of its genius and masterpiece status that it's often held in?

I personally enjoy the album a good amount and think it's great but nothing about it absolutely blew me away.
>>
>>74363081
I think its mediocre radio-pop suitable for my mom, nothing more at all.
>>
>>74363095
that's wrong
>>
>Is Pet Sounds worthy of its genius and masterpiece status that it's often held in?

No, but it's a good album.
>>
>>74363098
Care to elaborate?

I always wondered why Pet Sounds, The Beatles, Stones and Dylan were always considered the greatest music of all time. Is it because of actual musical achievements and invention or just baby boomer nostalgia that's held on a pedestal.
>>
>>74363151
In the case of Pet Sounds and The Beatles, it is because of actual musical achievements and invention. I don't know if I can say the same for Bob Dylan or the Stones though.
>>
>>74363081
>think it's great but nothing about it absolutely blew me away.
thats because EVERYBODY since then has ripped it off and raped it over and over.
if you wanna see why its genius listen to all pop music in the same year and prior to it. then you'll understand why its genius.
>>
Its incredibly honest and almost selfless
>>
>>74363246
Yeah, I can absolutely understand what you're getting at there. It's a huge step away from the girls, surfing and cars surf rock of The Beach Boy's earlier years and all of the suit and skinny tie boy bands
>>
>>74363246
Hey, Rubber Soul came first
>>
>>74363383
Was Rubber Soul super revolutionary though? I feel like it was a good stepping stone for the Beatles but it still had a lot of that early 60s pop rock influence in it, it's like a halfway point between that and the sounds they were making on Revolver, Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour.
>>
>>74363383
Brian did not rip it off, he was inspired as an artist to create a complete product which is what he did. Artistically he took music to a level which only few have been able to reach.
>>
>>74363964
>music

classical exists, there is nothing technically impressive about this. Maybe among pop music it was impressive but that's like getting first place in the special Olympics.
>>
>>74364344
It's technically impressive and expresses emotion in ways that I haven't seen any classical music be composed in. If that's your argument are you implying that no music other than classic is technically impressive?
>>
>>74363081
>Is Pet Sounds worthy of its genius and masterpiece status that it's often held in?
Yes, sure is. Why anyone would think otherwise is beyond me.

>>74364344
PEDANT ALERT
>>
File: 1488108255166.jpg (70KB, 559x836px) Image search: [Google]
1488108255166.jpg
70KB, 559x836px
Yes.
This is one of those albums that I would call well written: with lyrics that speak to the heart in the simplest way, they bare an inner sadness. That ironically distinct need to explore and find -- a thought many have brushed aside as impossible -- the feeling you don't belong. Your friends on the journey are the instruments -- the reciprocating feeling of the artists' hearts on your sleeve, in more ways than one. All of this creates a uniquely romantic scenario: one where you're left feeling alone, but alone with other people that are so so alone.
>>
>>74363081
I agree
>>
>>74364344
Because even most classical pieces exhibits the harmonic complexity of God Only Knows, okay...
>>
>>74363246
>thats because EVERYBODY since then has ripped it off and raped it over and over.
How did Metallica rip it off?
>>
>>74363246
>if you wanna see why its genius listen to all pop music in the same year and prior to it. then you'll understand why its genius.
The Fugs - The Fugs
Love - Love
Hold On, I'm Comin' - Sam and Dave
The Soul Album - Otis Redding
Aftermath - The Rolling Stones
Blonde on Blonde - Bob Dylan
Freak Out! - The Mothers of Invention
Revolver - The Beatles
The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators - 13th Floor Elevators
Fresh Cream - Cream
A Quick One - The Who

Nice try though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.