[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

places to find obscure gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1499802780902.png (4MB, 3211x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1499802780902.png
4MB, 3211x2400px
So guys. Where's a good place where I can find just a ton of really obscure, yet amazing gems of albums? I am looking to have a big collection, and I just want a ton of stuff that I can listen to one by one. You don't have to list a ton of them, but if you'd tell me where I could find a big list of them, that would be cool.

Some of my favorite big collections of weird albums have been the chart spammer ones in the chart thread, this one chart called "doc brown's recs". It could be anything obscure and interesting; like jazz, avant garde, noise, ambient, microtonal, classical, outsider folk, weird rock music, cute twee, obscure overtly queer bands, strange world music; anything weird and cool and interesting like that.

Pic related is just my chart.
>>
Discogs man. You can just look through tons of releases by genre. Happy hunting bro.
>>
>>74362175
I never figured out how to use discogs to find music. One of my favorite bands in my top 10, the cherry icees, I look at it's tags and I just see "Power Pop, Punk, Rock & Roll". I doubt that would give me queer kawaiicore lighthearted pop punk music in droves. I doubt much else like this band exists in the first place anyways.
>>
I'll give you things I like off the top of my head

Iamthemorning - Lighthouse (the other two albums are also good)
Agent Fresco - Destrier and A Long Time Listening
Jardin de la Croix - Circadia
One Dimensional Band - Plastic Age
65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyway
Vetusta Morla - La Deriva

I could elaborate or add songs but I'm on mobile right no so feel free to check them out
>>
>>74362244
Thanks man.
>>
>>74362148
personally i just find good friends on rym and look through their stuff that interests me. found so many of my favorite albums that happen to be very obscure that way

i can list an album for each of those things you specified, gimme a min
>>
>>74362148
>>74362512
in order that you mentioned them:

Willem Breuker Kollektief - In Holland
Lazy Magnet - He Sought For That Magic...
Keith Fullerton Whitman - Lisbon
Syzygys - Eyes on Green
Scott Johnson - John Somebody
Jerry Soloman - Through the Woods
Eldridge Skell's Rude Staircase - Sookie Jump
Ruth's Refrigerator - A Lizard is a Submarine on Grass
Unknown Gender - Exposé
Ojo Sembrono - Jathilan/Jaranan Vol.1

not all of these are necessarily favorites of mine, just interesting at the very least
>>
>>74362148
No joke, youtube. there are youtube channels that create tons playlists of amazing yet very obscure music. you just got to dig around through some of your favorite genres a bit until you find one. Lots of people upload rare vinyl rips on youtube as a hobby, i have a friend who does it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.