[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some bands that you think have a "memey" sound?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: they-might-be-giants.jpg (138KB, 694x662px) Image search: [Google]
they-might-be-giants.jpg
138KB, 694x662px
What are some bands that you think have a "memey" sound?
>>
File: 1499386018001.jpg (58KB, 714x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499386018001.jpg
58KB, 714x512px
they might be giants, ween, butthole surfers, the flaming lips, frank zappa, mr. bungle, the b52's, oingo boingo
>>
meme grips
>>
cardiacs
>>
pretty much everything popular here.

because anything has to be aural memeing to become popular in the first place
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-wzTRwJMg

I think this song would make sjw's and the p4k implode if it were released today
>>
Thom and the Radioheads
>>
Ben Folds
>>
SHHEEEIT
Any band from the Modest Mouse/Iron and Wine era
Aka I got my dick and balls cut off and I have this acoustic guitar...
Also...I'm highly offended by that while wearing an ironic Iron Maiden shirt.

Agree with you on the They Might Be Giants tip...All those bands--wacky-crazy-zany era.
Magic Mr. Pickle Dickle! Reminds me of Friends and REM...Then probably Mom-core;
Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth...so on...Then WWE intro music style generic metal...like
Drowning Pool, so on...Now...it's probably Lil' Yachty and the like...retard rap?
>>
barenaked ladies
>>
Ween. One of their songs is already a meme.
>>
>>74358933
Fuck you, OP

I hate that TMBG get relegated to quirky joke band. Their first 3 records and John Henry deserve to be recognised in the New Wave canon.
I genuinely believe that.

If DEVO can maintain a good artistic reputation despite having a playfulness to their music, how come TMBG gets the short end of the stick?
They were both doing the same thing
>>
>>74359355
get out of /mu/
>>
>>74359614
you can'r handle the truth
>>
>>74358933
Pink Floyd
>>
Lemon Demon
>>
>>74359107
that's great thanks f a m
>>
Whitehouse
>>
primus
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.