[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linkin Park overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5560.jpg (45KB, 673x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5560.jpg
45KB, 673x318px
Why is everyone so defensive of this album/band? Last time I checked these guys were total hypocrites. The first 2 records they did were fun albeit not very technically impressive.

But because they blew up they started taking themselves way too seriously starting with M2M. Total rip off of u2 with nu metal elements.

Thousands Suns was pure pop/electronic shit and same with Living Things and this new record.

Yet they were supposedly "experimental" and were obsessed with calling themselves that. Despite the fucking fact that their music was following in the same boring footsteps of pop mixed with electronic music like everyone else.

Post Metora the old decent song they had wasn't even written by them it was written by Daron from SOAD. Brad Delson is a horrible guitarist. Good riffs but everyone can do riffs because they are so easy. Can't guitar solo to save his life.

Chester's vocals and lyrics were always whiny as fuck. Shinoda sucks at rapping. The bass player and drummer are ok but "Mr Han" is like all other DJ's: a talentless douche who thinks he's a musician because he smashes buttons on a MacBook Pro.

This band was always overrated and for the past 14 years have lived off their first 2 records. They are better than Shitknot but being better at music than juggalo isn't very difficult.
>>
>>74358926
League of legends or Laugh out loud? Or Lesbian only leisure?
>>
>>74359200
lol
>>
File: 1496948820002.png (3KB, 335x261px) Image search: [Google]
1496948820002.png
3KB, 335x261px
Well i wouldnt say linkin park was a good bad, but its pure nostalgia if you grew up in that era. Back when the powers that be had not decided to scrap rock. The music reminds me of being a kid in the early 2000's before smartphones, before streaming, before texting.
It reminds me of anime music videos, eating hot cheetos and playing warrio 3 which i bought from funco land on my game boy color.
Coming home from school, not doing homework, and watching yu yu haksho on toonamie.

Yu gi oh cards.
Back when feminists had not ruined video games.
Back when you were a kid and life wasnt so serious
>>
>>74359267
But what does Linkin Park have to do with anime? They aren't Chinese.
>>
>>74359385
they were on every shitty youtube Naruto amv
>>
>>74359476
What the fuck is naruto? Is that like one of those Mexican candies?
>>
>>74359385
Linken park was littrrly made out of anime and it was the biggest cliche in the world back when anime music videos were a thing, that they would use linken park or evanescence
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.