[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /mu/, what are your (hot) thoughts on this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: MI0004204891.jpg (46KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
MI0004204891.jpg
46KB, 500x441px
So /mu/, what are your (hot) thoughts on this album?
>>
the album really melts in my mind desu
>>
First song is pretty Bowie
>>
Good but nothing special. Songs sounded great live
>>
I just finished the third song and I'm thinking 4/5
>>
This has really gone downhill. Im leaning 2/5 after I aint the One which seems like it got part of the melody from a Burt Bacharach song or something.
>>
>>74356780
I was a little disappointed.
It's good, but not great.

And their last album is one of my favorites.
>>
spoon fans wont be disappointed but i don't think it will be wowing any new comers. still a solid album that i've enjoyed.
>>
Just started Us and the album is getting a 2/5 either way but Shotgun was actually one of the highlights not that it's saying too much. I basically thought the exact same about their last album.
>>
>>74356780
Album peters out at the end in my opinion. I really quite like it though. I don't really LOVE any of the songs, but as a whole I find it to be very enjoyable. It's pretty different from their other stuff and I think they pulled off the change well.

>>74357404
Shotgun was one of the most bland songs on the album though. But I agree with your assessment of their previous album.
>>
>>74357596
Yeah but I felt it was bland rock done perfectly fine. And the lyrics seemed relevant but I didn't exactly follow along.

None of the songs seemed to get very far from bland if away at all except maybe one of the first three which were the only other highlights. It fell off after that and never really recovered.
>>
>>74357863
I felt the same way as you for a while, and I still agree to an extent. I do think that the first 3 songs are the best, the others just don't have the same punch. I can't pinpoint why I think it's one of their better albums. For some reason it just grew on me.

I've listened to it all the way through more times than most of the other spoon albums now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.