[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drugs and Pink Floyd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0456.jpg (73KB, 385x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.jpg
73KB, 385x355px
Now don't get me wrong here I am a huge Pink Floyd fan, so much that you can ask me anything about em and big chances are I know it. I love the fanbase and all but there's this one part that makes me cringe everytime. The ones that can't listen to pink floyd while under the influence of fucking anything. I know pink floyd has a drug culture and all but even gilmour stated they weren't drug oriented anymore. And theseguys are always in the youtube comments saying "If you don't listen to pink floyd while high on anything you're nt a true fan" or "This song is only to be listened while high" and when they say "I can only listen to this while I'm dong with a few beers, a tab, and a few bong rips cause only good when I'm high" like yeah of course its good, anything you hear is "good" when you're fucked five ways from friday. And dont take me as an anti drug guy or shit I tried PF with some weed but it didn't get me. Is there anybody who agrees with me?
>>
>>74352961
I totally agree. A lot of the songs people are like, "I love to get high to this!" doesn't make since. Why get high to Animals or Atom Heart Mother? I've never tried weed or anything with Floyd but I think my opinion on Animals or The Wall wouldn't change if I ever was. I went to the new Waters tour and these jackasses in front of me were on acid and were doing some fucked up dance during Breathe, Us and Them and Comfortably Numb. For the duration of the concert they took out their blunts and kept hitting it and then blew it and all the smoke kept going in my face. If it wasn't for the fact that Waters knows how to make a concert entertaining, I would've been pissed.
>>
>>74353139
Fuckin idgits. Worse part is that I'm the only one who can listen to Pink Floyd in my group of friends without blasting my face hard. Truth is, I can't, its not enjoyable. But all my fuckin weed friends just go to roger waters tours and fuck themselves up before going. And they always think they connect so fuckin well with pink floyd. They all think they could easily share a joint with Roger Waters or David Gilmour so easily because they smoke weed.
>>
>>74352961
I agree. Their music is actually so intricate and delicately crafted in some cases that being stoned actually detracts from the experience in my opinion. I'd rather be sober so that I can actually appreciate the craft. Sure, something like Breathe is relaxing while high, but can you really absorb the full wonder of Echoes while you don't really know what's going on? I don't think so.
>>
>>74352961
I got into Pink Floyd when I was 12 or 13. Never drank or did drugs. 4.0 student. I just really loved their music. Years later, I listened to Animals (my favorite Floyd) on weed, and it was a different experience, but not necessarily better. I just focused on things more acutely...and then ate an entire box of Little Debbies, and washed it down with Strawberry Quick. heh. Anyway, NO. You don't need drugs to enjoy music. If it's great music, it doesn't necessarily make it better. Just different.
>>
>>74353273
See this is what I mean, don't get me wrong I've tried weed and sometimes do it but rarely (lmao its gonna be legal in Canada next year) and like you aren't one of those irritating fans, just some bloke who tried weed and PF before, like me.
>>
You don't need drugs to enjoy Pink Floyd, but you need Pink Floyd to enjoy drugs.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (56KB, 291x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
56KB, 291x200px
It's just a different experience, but weed is the plebbiest drug.

Listen to Pink Floyd under the influence of Magic Mushrooms or LSD. It's fucking beautiful. When I'm listening to music while sober, I feel like I'm not fully "immersed" in the experience, if you know what I mean. There are songs/albums that were made especially to "trip", like The Magical Mystery Tour from The Beatles.
>>
>>74352961
Caution: this post is not in anyway advocating for drug use
>Listen to DSOTM due to hearing about it and having interest in Pink Floyd's music on nice stereo system when I was about 14
>Hey this is pretty sweet. It's like a movie. Cool shit. I get why this album is so acclaimed
>Year or two later
>Chilling with friend
>"Bro you listen to Floyd?"
>"Yeah"
>"Cool, let's smoke"
>Proceed to drive around smoking a bowl or something
>Time comes on
>Fucking high as shit
>Huge build up
>This sounds great
>The verse comes in
>DAMNNNN THIS IS SO GOOD
>Guitar solo starts
>HOLY FUCK THIS IS INCREDIBLE
>Hits me harder in the feels than practically any song I've ever listened to
I wish I was joking because this is so dude weed but it sounded so fucking good man. DSOTM has an atmosphere and you get really pulled in when you're high. That's really the benefit of weed, you immerse yourself in the song. However, the highs weed have given me have not been worth the lows weed and other drugs have given me. Don't do drugs, not worth it. No sarcasm.
>>
>>74354281
t. toolish
>>
>>74354322
Maybe so, but at least I'm not a bong
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.