[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 980437659804375.jpg (58KB, 871x646px)
980437659804375.jpg
58KB, 871x646px
Why do video game songs like this never win any awards?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs

They get millions of views and yet the original artist is extremely likely to just fade into obscurity after the hype is over.

Any experts of /mu/ know why music awards are never given to best video game songs? Is it just some kind of naive "hurr video game music is not real music" attitude amongst critics?
>>
Not enough Jews involved in their making
>>
>>74340573
because only retarded autistis like yourself even know this wack ass songs exists
>>
>>74340573

What kind of "awards" would you like it to win?

Do you want it to win a "grammy"?
>>
>Why do video game songs like this never win any awards?
because they're not actually as good as fans of the video game think they are
>>
Holy shit its awful
Check out Fallout, Spec Ops: The Line or Neverhood if you want good vidya osts
>>
I didn't enjoy that song at all. Still wanna play the game though
>PC port when?
>>
goddamn I love the p5 soundtrack but these cringey threads make me glad I detached myself from the "tru gamer" crowd once I finished puberty
>>
Anybody who regularly listens to video game soundtracks is on the spectrum. This is a fact.
>>
>>74340866
exclusively listens*

also journey's ost won a grammy in like 2013 or something so do research before making neckbeard threads
>>
>>74340573
>They get millions of views and yet the original artist is extremely likely to just fade into obscurity after the hype is over.
Meguro has become a huge fucking name thanks to his contributions to Persona you retard, he built an entire career out of his success as a composer. Jesus Persona 5 ushered in a wave of absolute idiots
>>
>>74340836
Probably never. Atlus' only concern is the Japanese market, the West is just a glorified afterthought to them. It's why their games pretty much only ever appear on Sony and Nintendo platforms with only a couple of exceptions; they're the only two relevant brands, mobile-aside.
>>
The Civ 4 theme won a few awards, probably because it's "high brow"

Anime shit like persona isn't """"""""'high brow"""""""""
>>
The P5 soundtrack is the worst MegaTen soundtrack since Nocturne.
Hell - I'll take SMT1's and IS's over it.
>>
theres literally touring finalfantasy/kingdomhearts/smt/persona orchestras that sell out concert halls

op you total baka go back to /v/

>>74340925
>plebs can't into acid jazz
>>
>>74340947
>thinking the entire soundtrack is acid jazz
>>
>>74340974
The overwhelming majority is that with some lounge music splashed in so if you hate it theres a high chance you don't like those genres
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.