[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do normies see in Kendricks music? Most people I know in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What do normies see in Kendricks music? Most people I know in real life that say they "love Kendrick" have only heard a couple songs that have been on the radio, like DNA. I don't think any of these people have the patience to really dive into Kendricks music.
>>
He's the "smart mans" normie rapper.

"Loving" Kendrick makes you insightful.
>>
>>74337413
He has ridiculously good rapping skills out of most of the big 2010s artists. That makes his songs easy to listen to, which combined with the nice backing tracks makes many of his songs instant hits. Beyond that, the often times intimate and other times political subject of his lyrics makes white people feel good about listening to his music, and less bad about listening to a black man say nigga a lot.
>>
I hate how little of his music people actually hear. So many fucking normies I see all the time have heard his radio features and songs but have never actually listened to an album fully. Yet they have the nerve to call him the greatest rapper alive and they've only ever heard 5 or 6 songs.

Honestly I just hate radio normies
>>
>>74337413
>people can't like stuff

Go take a walk outside, meet people.
>>
I like all the actual traditional instrumentalists he works with. Not sure what the standards in the genre are anymore, but I like artists who do that. His knowledge of gospel is somewhat homely as well.
>>
le wise black sage man
>>
>>74337413
Because they want to virtue signal about the popo wanna shoot dindus
>>
>>74337413
GKMC is an amazing albums. It offers a storyline along the album which is really captivating and interesting and at the same time it has really accesible songs with great production and his delivery is very good. He has flow, good rhymes and diversity in his rapping. If you want some insight on TPAB check out melons review.
>>
>>74337570
This. They know songs that get music videos. If it doesn't have a music video or if it isn't the title track they have never heard of it. That usually results in them missing the best songs.
>>
I usually say I like (not love) Kendrick just to show what kind of hiphop I prefer. Much better than that mumble rap meme bullshit that has been going on for too long.
>>
>>74339464
That's not what he meant
>>
I thought it was decent before really listening to it, but recently a Lyft driver was playing that "leave it on a high note / viral!" song and it really struck me how fucking shitty and worthless it is.

Honestly, I never understood why people complained about contemporary music until literally this week, because I'd insulated myself from pop music so much that the only new music I heard was the punk and folk music I like, and house/DnB/dance music at night clubs. But recently I've been using Lyft a lot, and the worthless synth-y pseudo R&B where people just repeat phrases in autotune is so fucking bad it hurts. How did that shit get popular?
>>
>>74340684
If Humble is the only Kendrick song you've heard I can understand why you're not a fan
>>
>>74340684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DO5SeHQa7g
>>
>>74337413
I understand completely what you are talking about, he's really popular among my normie friends and we had a home party the other night, they played only Humble and DNA interchangeably and when I suggest something from TPAB they started looking confused at me (since those singles weren't released on YouTube, none of them even knew what the hell that album was and how influential for black people movement in 2015 it was and how it topped most lists of "best of 2015 albums"). Then I asked a friend of mine who supposedly loves Kendrick has he listened to any of his albums and he replied: "I never listen to albums, it's hard for me to find an album that I enjoy in its entirety so I never listen to them."

WHEN THE FUCK WILL NORMIES GROW UP AND STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES ABOUT LISTENING TO ALBUMS?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: OH SHIT.jpg (15KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
OH SHIT.jpg
15KB, 420x420px
>>74337413
because liking anything beyond an artists singles requires too much effort for thier pee brains

modern computing and social media and ruined our attention span, so asking someone to focus solely on one thing for nearly 40 minutes is incomprehensible to the average person

at least thats my theory
>>
>>74340149
Young Thug > Kendrick
>>
>>74340929
>WHEN THE FUCK WILL NORMIES GROW UP AND STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES ABOUT LISTENING TO ALBUMS?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Normies actually have social lives tho. So they don't have time to listen to full albums.
>>
>>74341675
if you think social lives take up this much time you are actually autistic beyond repair
>>
>>74341692

Listening to albums is autistic
>>
File: Beyond Mad.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond Mad.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>74341732
>>
>>74341636
objectively true
>>
>>74341732
sitting alone, listening to music is autistic
>>
>>74340929
>>74341550
Whenever I shit on someone's taste on /mu/, I constantly forget that the average person has even shittier tastes than that. It can be pretty eye opening.
>>
>>74341636
This
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.