[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P O T A T O

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 24

P O T A T O
>>
ONE HIT WONDER FAGGOT
>>
>>74331910
Poor Liam. He's an asshole but I feel bad for him.

I wonder what Noel think about this
>>
>>74331910

he was probably angry about what Noel said to him earlier. fucking weirdos
>>
>>74331910
lmaooo what this nigga wearin bruh
>>
>>74332237
It's strange, but in America we just settle those things with incest.
>>
More like Liam Quitter LMAO
>>
>>74331954
Don't Look Back in Anger wasn't their only big hit tho
>>
>>74331910
>left after performing for 15-20 minutes

Sounds like the perfect length for a Liam solo gig
>>
>>74331910
>left after performing for 15-20 minutes
did he perform all his hits 3-4 times over?
>>
>>74333240
>lmaooo what this nigga wearin bruh

an obese man's winter jacket
>>
>>74333425
Oasis had like 15 hits in bongland though and a good 3 mega ones and 2 moderate ones in America so....
>>
I'm so mad about this considering I was there.

I was right up front, he was going so great and than he just left.

Fuck you Liam you pile of trash
>>
>>74333593
hahahahahaha do you hate oasis now
>>
>>74331910
>Baww muh voice
Take care of your vocal cords better faggot
>>
>>74333653
>believing anything montie says
>>
>>74333653
No, I don't.

>>74333676
I bought tix for today from my cousin who could not go anymore. I thought I would go see Liam.

I live like 2 hours away from Chicago dude.
>>
>>74333674
His voice has been royally fucked for 20 years now anyway
>>
File: Noel-Gallagher.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Noel-Gallagher.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
If the Gallaghers hate each other so much, why don't they just keep themselves apart?
>>
>>74333932
They do. Noel Gallagher literally decided to be the opening act for U2 on their current South American tour just so he and Liam wouldn't have to be in the same hemisphere while Liam was out doing his solo album touring and promotional work in Europe and America.
>>
>>74332237
What did he say?
>>
Isn't this why Oasis never really got as big in the US is because Liam would do shit like this? He stood up the MTV unplugged gig, although Noel did a good job singing anyway.
>>
>>74331910
Talentless hack
>>
I don't understand how you and your own brother can have such public beef
>>
>>74333982
I wonder if they actually hate each other or if this is some kind of retarded long-running publicity stunt
>>
>>74334439
First he got high on crystal meth and changed lyrics during the first big American tour on the back of "Live Forever"'s success on the radio (their first foray into Top 40 airplay charts), then refused to be in the video for Some Might Say, the lead single from the second album. He did okay on the first American leg of the 95 tour but on the '96 leg right when Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back in Anger blew up in the states and Oasis were now playing arena gigs, Liam changed his mind as he was boarding the plane to America and skipped the first 5 dates of the tour because he needed to buy a house (but also didn't care because Oasis had just played to a concert to 250,000 people in England). Then when he finally shows up for concerts (several of which are broadcast on national radio), he proceeds to be piss drunk for most of them and would yell at the crowd half the time or stop singing at points and chuck things around the stage.

The whole band was so into coke and booze and pot and so ridiculously famous in the UK (it was estimated that 1 in every 3 households owned an Oasis record in the mid-late 90s) that they went full retard.

At this point the American tabloids too start taking note because the Gallaghers are big rockstars behaving badly. Liam then ditches the MTV Unplugged gig AND butchers the bands performance at the VMAs by being drunk and coked up as usual. He and Noel fight so bad that the band nearly splits up and they end up cancelled the whole southern US and Australian legs of the tour. And at this point Sony fucking told the band their PR people weren't even going to bother trying to promote the band in America to be on the same level of fame as they were in the UK because they would just fuck it up anyway.

Of course the band gives no fuck as they're still damn famous in America anyway and ridiculously omnipresent in the UK (tabloids, front page of newspapers, music zines, BBC coverage, the whole she-bang).
>>
>>74331974
Noel is somewhere chilling and not being a massive douchecunt.
>>
>>74334698
probably hanging with bono on his private jet
>>
>>74333982
source?
>>
>>74334652
they're going to be so much richer than they are right now when they do the inevitable reunion tour
>>
He looked back in anger. Got overwhelmed, poor lad.
>>
>>74334673
Part 2:

The band immediately rushes into the studio to make their 3rd album, but at the same time Liam gets arrested for cocaine possession. They put out the first single just a few months later: literally an 8 minute long (they refused to issue a radio edit) heavy rock song with a million guitar overdubs because the band is doing ridiculous amounts of coke now. It goes straight to number 1 in the UK and Top 40 radio in America and #1 on the modern rock airplay charts and heavy rotation on MTV simply because it's Oasis. However, in America, programmers realize how ridiculously unfit for airplay it is and how it's not nearly as pop as the last three singles and drop it after two weeks.

Eventually, the album itself would be released and become the fastest selling album of all time in the UK and fall 300 units shy of hitting #1 in America, but the critical acclaim would soon turn to mockery of the album in which most tracks were 8 minute long coke addled pub rock wankfests. This diminished the widespread number of hardcore fans they had in England (literally a solid 4% of the country tried to buy tickets to their Knebworth show in 1996), but still many of their fans would remain devoted even to this day.

In America, their stature continues to plummet after a decent, but not particularly special appearance on Saturday Night Live. Though the first American tour goes well on the back of moderate Top 40 hit and their last encounter with the US mainstream "Don't Go Away" in late 1997 and early 1998, upon returning that spring after trouble in Australia where Liam assaults a fan and gets banned from an airline for life, they find that the venues had been downgraded in size and the shows get unenthusiastic reviews as Liam's voice quickly becomes so fucked up that he would suffer permanent and severe damage to his vocal chords that endures to this day. He's sounded like a baritone Bob Dylan meets Kermit the Frog since then. Like a straining Tom Waits.
>>
>>74333720
I'm curious, what was the setlist? Oasis songs? solo songs?
>>
File: zd32hpv.jpg (232KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
zd32hpv.jpg
232KB, 1080x1920px
>>74335158
>>
>>74333240
>>74333509
The baggy Madchester doesn't look good in 2017
>>
>>74335185
lmao
>>
>>74335115
Part 3:

Anyway after that, people start to forget about Oasis in America for a year or two as "alternative" finally gives way to nu-metal and post-grunge and the domination of newer boy bands. Their older singles still get a decent amount of airplay on Top 40 and alternative and rock radio especially, but Oasis as a whole is considered washed up and has beens.

After the final two original members besides the brothers quit in 1999, most people thought that would be the end of the band too. Instead the band tried for a comeback album. It was going well at first, with the lead single "Go Let it Out" becoming a hit on alternative rock radio. This of course was fucked up when Liam went on TRL on MTV to promote the album and proceeded to insult Carson Daly, spout nonsense and walk off the set which led MTV to subsequently ban any new Oasis videos from the channel and killed their promotional attempts in the states for good. Then after that they were in the news again after Liam, who had just publicly divorced his actress wife after cheating on her AND having a newborn son, got into an argument with Noel about the legitimacy of HIS baby daughter, which caused Noel to quit the band for 3 months of the tour doing European festivals. When he finally returned for a two night show in London which was filmed for a concert DVD and broadcast around the UK, America, and the world, Liam shows up completely drunk and high after being out for two days straight partying and makes an ass of himself... again.

After that they wouldn't have any impact on America whatsoever except of two moderate hits on alternative rock radio: "Lyla" in 2005 (the year when they went through a mini-revival in popularity and played Madison Square Garden for the first time and their largest ever US show: 25,000 in Boston) and 2008 with "The Shock of the Lightning".

They broke up in 2009 after Liam assaulted Noel, but most people in America thought it had already happened a decade earlier.
>>
>>74335185
not bad
>>
I would have much more respect for him if he only took music more seriously and stop thinking of himself like the rock legend that he isn't

Without being a fan Outta of time is one of my faves oasis songs

The guy has talent but he's a gigantic idiot.
>>
>>74334673
>>74335115
>>74335372
This is hilarious, but also sad
>>
>>74335185
He still plays Wonderwall? Thought he hated that song.
>>
>>74333333
Idk I feel 0 minutes is better
>>
>>74333593
>>74333720

HAHAHAHAHA BTFO
>>
Did Lola get rained out? I live 10 minutes from downtown and it fuxking poured earlier
>>
>>74335652
Yeah, quite honestly the problem with the band as whole was that they were all out of control hooligans who gave no fucks (Noel wishing various celebrities death by AIDS or calling Americans fat retards in the press, one guitarist exposing his balls to Associated Press news crews in a video that's actually on youtube, etc.). But as massive as Wonderwall was and some of their other mid 90s hits were too, they could have always been much much bigger in America, like Nirvana level potential (at least for a little while) if they hadn't fucked it up. Obviously changing musical trends and the band making an overly shit, way too long less overtly pop third album with unmarketable singles hurt the band, but Liam's constant retardation and destruction of his voice (which carried the band essentially) was the nail in the coffin. They had so much potential that was wasted.

Hell, even as Liam's voice went to absolute shit, Noel's was getting better and featured more prominently. They had some singles that were not quite as "rock" as the early stuff and fairly bland, but were big hits in the UK and could have easily crossed over in America, maybe not to Wonderwall level but to moderate success a la acoustic/piano Brit bands like Coldplay, Travis, Keane, Snow Patrol, etc. that were making waves in the states at this time. Of course the problem was that they had already either been completely disregarded or were despised for their old reputation of idiocy in the 90s and essentially hated by their own American record label, in no small part thanks to fucking Liam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZUsNJ-LQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic-Na--7_NI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jySfU10IQu4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHCLOaA5Ms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-51-0Mx_n0w
>>
>>74335747
>He still plays Wonderwall? Thought he hated that song.
I'm sure he does, but it's still far and away Oasis' biggest hit especially in America. (And he won't do Champagne Supernova or Don't Look Back in Anger most of the time as those Noel mainly plays those now)
>>
>>74331910
How did Oasis become so famous and successful? They sound generic. Not in a coldplay way, more in a boring way
>>
>>74335185
13 songs? Seriously?
>>
>>74335980
Noel Gallagher's knack for melody and ability to shit out a few good lines every know and then that people enjoy singing along too.

They were considered a breath of fresh air for rock music and were less generic, more catchy, more energetic on their first few records.
>>
>>74335850
Really? Hasn't rained here in Lincoln Square.
>>
>>74336041
They cancelled all of Lollapalooza tonight because of severe storms.
>>
is he still having a hard time getting his hate boner for his brother and mr albarn to go down?

it's okay. i hate aging british people too.
>>
>>74335893
How exactly did he fuck his voice?
>>
>>74336292
Honestly, he treated his voice really poorly. In early he almost blown his voice out through shear wear and tear and it would sound different every night. He also became a lot more of a lazy singer live after mid-1995 where he sang more with his throat and didn't belt notes so he wouldn't strain his voice so much, but that in itself also caused a lot of damage to his voice over time given the fact that he drank, smoke, did drugs, and lived an extremely unhealthy lifestyle every day and night for 5 years. You could hear his voice get a bit deeper, more gravelly, more nasally over time as he began wrecking his voice. He had almost permanent sore throats at times by the back half of the Morning Glory tour and had to skip out on a few gigs. During 1997, his hedonistic behavior and abuse of his voice only increased as the songs on Be Here Now were written for Noel's vocal range, not Liam's, so Liam was constantly pushing the limits of his vocal stamina and range on these songs. And when it came time to perform them live, he couldn't do them night after night, and missed even more gigs than the previous tour due to his vocal chords being wrecked. After just a few months into the tour, Liam had developed severe nodules on his vocal chords, to where nights where he was able to perform, Noel's acoustic set had to be expanded in length and moved up to start only a half hour into the show in order to give Liam 's voice a rest. Some of the new material had to be dropped from the setlist completely because the amount of vocal stamina and upper range use over these longer songs was no longer feasible given the condition of Liam's voice. It's the kind of thing that happened to Dylan or Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen over decades.

>Spring 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw
>January 1996
at the 53:00 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
>2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh94XrOHLFs
>>
>>74336393
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh94XrOHLFs [Embed]
>We all everybody.
lol. They wrote catchy songs, but's that's the level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuQba4inleQ
>>
File: 1500653245777.jpg (35KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1500653245777.jpg
35KB, 570x570px
Post GOAT covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVUM4_l5G9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Z2vQDqpVw
>>
>>74336393
>>Spring 1994
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw [Embed]
>>January 1996
>at the 53:00 mark
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8 [Embed]
>>2004
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh94XrOHLFs [Embed]

wtf jesus christ
>>
File: absolute madwoman.jpg (176KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
absolute madwoman.jpg
176KB, 900x1200px
>>74331910
>This triggered the potato
>>
>>74336650
Why do millenials relish in fucking with people in public and feeling proud about it? Why would they go through all this trouble to piss him off? Why when he leaves the stage, go on twitter and say that they were the ones responsible and laugh about it (when it was literally just his shit voice being shiter that usual)? Morons.
>>
wew lad
>>
>>74336709
A lot people just need to get punched in the face one or two times.
>>
File: liamcat.gif (4MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
liamcat.gif
4MB, 384x288px
Liam's literally mentally challenged
>>
File: front.jpg (227KB, 1000x1006px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
227KB, 1000x1006px
It's sad what happened to Oasis. Their final album was fucking spectacular.
>>
>>74337032
Falling Down is a good tune
>>
>>74337032
I'm outta Time was amazing
>>
0:40:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0ZD4Ede3w

fucking madlads
>>
>>74337032
shock of the lightning overrated
>>
why doesn't someone just grab him, tell him to stop being a whiny little cunt of a manchild and throw him back onto the stage?
>>
>>74333293
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>74337331
wtf
>>
>>74336393
Bullshit m8
>>
>>74337845
what do you mean
>>
>>74337853
that first link isn't liam
>>
>>74337899
Yes it is are you fucking deaf mate
>>
>>74334926
They were going to reunite for a gig in remembrance of the victims of the Manchester bombing but only Noel went. Liam got a lot of shit for it. I think it shows the extent of their disconnect that Liam won't even reunite for a cause like that.
>>
>>74331910
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>74337907
you got it backwards mate. Liam went and sang Don't Look Back in Anger (a Noel sung track) and Live Forever
>>
>>74331910
What a cunt
>>
>>74333240
>lmaooo what this nigga wearin bruh
go back to black twitter
>>
>>74337331
>there's literally a video on youtube of le oasis man exposing himself to Associated Press reporters

what a world we live in
>>
>donates money but doesnt make a big deal about it
>sings a few songs and complains that his brother doesnt do anything
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>74331910
Kek
>>
>>74331954
they had more hits than just champagne supernova you know
>>
>>74337331
>Have you got shoes at the end of your feet?
what did he mean by this?
>>
Blur or Oasis?
>>
>>74339424
I guess to give Damon Albarn credit on this one, when he gets too coked up he performs for too long.
>>
>>74335893

They didn't fuck it up mate, still the biggest band in the uk in a long long time. No one will come close to them.
>>
>>74337303
>>74337623
>>74337151
Bag It Up,bros. What a banger.

The Turning is my favorite song off that album, though. Goddamn.
>>
>>74339424
Pulp
>>
>>74340093
Wanker
>>
>>74340169
Cocksucker
>>
>>74333720
>>74333593

This is clearly your fault, no way Liam would perform for your pleb ass
>>
>>74333653
wtf i HATE oasis now
>>
>>74340034
>still the biggest band in the uk in a long long time. No one will come close to them.

I think Blur might have overtaken them :^)
>>
>>74337032

This is the ultimate pleb filter. Fuck, I really wish oasis could come out with another album like this, severely overlooked
>>
File: 1464313002829.png (101KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
1464313002829.png
101KB, 300x364px
>>74337032
>this bad boy came out during the last year of high school
>loved it from the first listen
>tried to shill it like crazy to my friends at school
>no one had heard anything beyond wonderwall, they refused to listen to it

jokes on them i guess, this album is seriously underrated. its so bizarre, even to this day ive struggled to come across someone that has listened to an oasis album in full
>>
>>74340093
The patrician answer.

Oasis was for footie fan mongs.

Blur was for mockney nu males.

Pulp was just different class.
>>
>>74334652
If they wouldn't be together for the Manchester concert then it isn't ever going to happen
>>
>>74335372
Damn
>>
>>74335893
Everyone thats in a band acts like this.
>>
>>74339424
Blur were better in every way imo
>>
>>74331910
>>74331974
As a lad of Manchester, I am embarrassed to be from the same city as this cunt
>>
>>74333312
>Defending Oasis
Kek dont you know they are a poor mans beatles
>>
>>74341674
manchester mentioned
>>
>>74341690
Not even, they're just poor men.
>>
>>74339424
Blur are shite. At least Oasis could write catchy melodies.

Gorillaz > Oasis though
>>
>>74333593
If I ever see you in Chicago I'm going to deck you and throw you into the river.
>>
Pulp > Suede > Mansun > Manics > Blur >
Verve > Supergrass > Oashit
>>
noel gallagher is best gallagher
>>
>>74341788
>not Rory Gallagher
>>
>>74333593
>Made eye contact with Montie
>Fucking plebian
>Leaves
>>
>>74336709
>Falling for the millenials meme
People have been doing the same for decades. The only difference is we have social media now.
>>
>>74331910
Oasis is shit
>>
>>74342318
it's encouraged now plus you get to be in the public spotlight for a moment and get some sweet internet points
>>
>>74336002

Generic 4 on the floor basic rock band. One of those bands where if the bass player died in the middle of a concert, no one would notice.
>>
>>74342588
>Generic 4 on the floor basic rock band.
sorry they're not using 11/4 time signatures maynard
>>
>>74331910
he's a butthurt faggot and his music sucks
>>
>>74337032
Definitely their best post 90's album.
>>
File: IMG_20170803_190510_525.jpg (238KB, 799x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170803_190510_525.jpg
238KB, 799x799px
>liams voice in 2017 is fucked beyond repair
>meanwhile Richard Ashcroft is as good as ever

Give me one (1) good reason why The Verve aren't the best band of all time. Also Pulp are irrelevant l m a o
>>
>>74342956
Ashcroft's solo albums were shit
>>
Test ignore this
>>
>>74342982
I'm talking vocals-wise, Ashcroft's solo attempts have been shit bar a few songs but right now he's 1000x the singer Liam was in his prime.
>>
>>74331910

sure seems like the kinda thing played out hacks do. see also: Father John Misty
>>
>>74341712
there is a lot of things wrong with this post
>>
>>74337032
True. A beautiful swan song. Love that album.
>>
I SAID MAYBAYYYYYYYYYY I'M A ONE HIT WONDER BAYBAYYYYYYYY
>>
>>74331910
Gallagher is genuinely a great musician, you guys are seriously ignorant
>>
>>74344760
>musician
Oh what instrument does he play?
>>
>>74344781
The madferit
>>
>>74344760
you have no idea what you're talking about. Go jerk off and cry. God you're a plague.
>>
>>74344760
who is brandon and why does everyone hate him
>>
>>74342956
The entirety of The Verve's output up to Urban Hymns is fucking amazing.
>>
>>74342956
>literal one hit wonder that stole from the rolling stones
>best band of all time
>>
>>74344864
Urban Hymns is pretty good too. Forth is criminally underrated, there's some good tracks on there (Sit And Wonder, Love Is Noise, Rather Be, Judas, Noise Epic, Columbo, Appalachian Springs).

>>74344897
>Implying The Rolling Stones didn't act like greedy cunts about it and stole every penny because of the violin track
also
>The Verve
>One hit wonder
What is Lucky Man and The Drugs Don't Work?
>>
>>74344897
>the only thing that matters is if it was a hit or not
kys
>>
>>74344940
>>Implying The Rolling Stones didn't act like greedy cunts about it and stole every penny because of the violin track
Plagiarism is plagiarism. Get over it
>>
>>74344959
You're acting as if Ashcroft stole a Stones song line-by-line. It's still a great song whether it's a one hit wonder or not.
>>
>>74344940
>Implying The Rolling Stones didn't act like greedy cunts about it and stole every penny because of the violin track

>implying sampling without permission is ok
>>
>>74344993
You're also acting like The Rolling Stones had anything to do with it.
>>
Hating your family is fucking weak man
>>
>>74345002
You'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that The Verve actually did have permission for the sample.
>>
>>74345022
Noel is a huge twat though.
>>
>>74345058
You'd also have a point if you ignored the fact that the sample itself creates the majority of the pertinent information in the song
>>
>>74344897
>sampling is plagiarism

>>74344940
I meant to say "up to and including", because UH is damn good. Forth is decent, definitely better than it gets credit for. Shit. I miss these guys.
>>
>>74345085
>>sampling is plagiarism
It is if it's uncredited

Are you tarded?
>>
File: feed-the-animals.jpg (168KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
feed-the-animals.jpg
168KB, 1000x1000px
>>74345099
No, I just disagree with you.
>>
>>74345132
What of my post do you disagree with?
>>
>>74345148
That illicit sampling is plagiarism.
>>
>>74345184
How isn't it?
>>
>>74341734
I wish you would. Don't forget to weigh her down.
>>
>>74342956
>muh epic strings of sadness, so poignant
KYS
>>
>>74344814
Underrated
>>
>>74345339
I wasn't even talking about Bittersweet Symphony. They have loads of songs that are far better maybe you should check them out :)
>>
>>74344834
>>74344816
>>74344781
Why do you enable tripfags by replying to them?
>>
>>74345071
Fuck off Liam, at least he can play an instrument. And no, the pink oboe doesn't count, you Manc faggit.
>>
>>74345390
I judge the content of the post rather than the field name of the post
>>
>>74345387
desu, I've only listened to UH and it put me off them so badly I probably won't ever. They're filed as Proto-Coldplay in my head.
>>
>>74345480
So let's keep it anon unless it's useful to the thread that someone should be named. Don't forget to put your trip back on now.
>>
File: a storm in heaven.jpg (37KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
a storm in heaven.jpg
37KB, 301x300px
>>74345518
>proto-Coldplay
You couldn't be more wrong. Listen to A Storm in Heaven and No Come Down.
>>
>>74333593
get fucked
>>
>>74345711
>So let's keep it anon
See >>74345480
>Don't forget to put your trip back on now
Don't cut your hand grasping for those straws anon!
>>
>>74345755
Both trash
>>
>>74345518
>I've only listened to UH and it put me off them so badly I probably won't ever. They're filed as Proto-Coldplay in my head.
that's like saying early u2 wasn't post-punk because they put out garbage like "vertigo" later on
>>
>>74345838
Really? Why?
>>
>>74345859
>post punk
>I need genres so bad, it organises my music
Fuck off genrefag autist
>>
>>74345828
Don't strain your brain coming back with an actual argument, tripfag incognito
>>
>>74345755
I don't think I will any time soon actually m8. I've got dhitloads of new music queued up. Thanks and respect though.
>>
>>74343216
No, there really isn't.
>>
>>74346867
Yes. He was right. Are you a big football lad by any chance?
>>
>>74337032
Underrated album to be honest
>>
>>74341755

Pulp > Blur > Mansun > Suede > Supergrass > Oasis > Verve > Manics

Honourable mentions to: The Lightning Seeds, Elastica, Ocean Color Scene

Dishonourable mentions: The Charlatans, Kula Shaker, Catatonia
>>
>>74331910
>He reportedly left after performing for 15-20 minutes
So basically nothing's changed since the 90s.

Saw Oasis twice. He didn't even show the first time. The second time was with Supergrass and he got about three songs in and looked like he'd choked down a coke booger mid-song, started coughing and fucked off while the band went into the middle-eight.

I literally thought it was a meme before I came out of pocket twice to have this shit happen before my very eyes. Select Magazine was right about everything.
>>
>>74348102
What years were these?
>>
>>74348064
>This is what your average pulp-fag unironically believes
The Verve and Oasis are miles ahead of Pulp and Blur
>>
>>74348102
First time was the 'Morning Glory' tour and the second was either for 'Be Here Now' or maybe something to do with the singles comp so maybe '95 and '98-ish.
>>
>>74348145
98 would have been be here now tour and his voice was already in shite state by then.

Which cities were these? I can probably find recordings of the concerts.
>>
Oasis is normie tier cancer. I am glad they broke up.
>>
>>74348175
>his voice was already in shite state by then.
Yeah, Liam never had a particularly strong voice. Sounded great recorded but he took the piss live half the time and the other half his throat was mangled with blow and ciiiiiigarettes and alcohollll.
>Which cities were these?
'95 in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale and '98 in West Palm Beach. They played with Cornershop in Miami and Supergrass in West Palm.
>>
>>74348064
>hating on The Charlatans
Why
>>
>>74348064
So hard to rate 'em like that for me because you kinda had 2-3 schools within britpop.

Borrows from the 70-80s:

Suede > Pulp > Mansun > Manics > Marion > Strangelove > Elastica

Borrows from the 60s:
Oasis > Blur > Verve > Super Furry Animals > Lightning Seeds > OCS > Charlies > Kula Shaker

Doesn't fit:
Divine Comedy > Supergrass > Lodger > Space > Perfume > Kenickie > Catatonia > Anything Jake Shillingford's ever been involved with including his career in academia
>>
>>74348286
A poor man's Oasis who were a poor man's Beatles.
Truly music of penniless plebs.
>>
>>74348252
Honestly, in the early days his voice would sound like it did on record but as the years went on his voice wore out quick especially the more a tour progressed.

Anyway, I couldn't find a bootleg of the 98 show, which was at the end of the BHN tour when Liam had vocal nodules, but this was during the Oasis backlash in the US and wasn't well received:
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1998-02-07/lifestyle/9802060227_1_champagne-supernova-oasis-noel-gallagher

Probably sounded something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsC_z_b329M

I don't think they played Florida in 95 or 96.
>>
File: dubdubdub.jpg (8KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
dubdubdub.jpg
8KB, 262x193px
>>74348444
This guy gets it. Also, nice trips.
>>
File: Britpop.jpg (950KB, 1739x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Britpop.jpg
950KB, 1739x1430px
>>74348444
>Strangelove
Those guys were really underrated, I love this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQh25SbNnAg

Never liked Kula shaker much, mainly because their singer was a total idiot

Divine Comedy are top tier, Hannon has been making consistently funny and witty music for years

Why do you dislike Shillingford's My Life Story?
What do you think of other bands here like James, Jack, Auteurs, Puressence, Shack, Rialto and Gene?
>>
>>74345390
that's not even Brandon's trip. stop replying to yourself Montie.
>>
>GOAT tier
Pulp, Suede, Manics

>Great tier
The Verve, Mansun, Doves, Supergrass, Super Furry Animals, Puressence, The Divine Comedy, Teenage Fanclub

>Good tier
Blur, Longpigs, The Auteurs, Jack, James, Gene, Strangelove, Rialto, Elastica, Placebo, The Charlatans, Early Oasis, Lush, Shack, Inspiral Carpets, Early Coldplay, My Life Story, Dodgy, Kula Shaker, Ultrasound

>Meh tier
Stereophonics, Travis, Ocean Color Scene, Ash, Sleeper, The Lightning Seeds, Black Grape, Shed Seven, The Bluetones, Space

>Shite tier
Post- MG Oasis (apart from a few singles), Menswear, Catatonia, Gay Dad, Starsailor, Cast, Ride (Last 2 albums), Hurricane #1, Embrace, The Supernaturals
>>
So we all agree Menswear were the worst britpop band?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmBoEUG4-aM
>>
>>74348444
Verve is better than Blur by miles desu
>>
>>74348572
>American music journos writing about britpop
I cringed then and I cringe now.
>vocal nodules
Yeah, if you hit those suckers with the Bolivian Marching Powder every night for six months they cunts tend to show up. ;)
>Florida in '95
You sound like an Oasis historian so I'll have to defer to your knowledge. I was on the road a lot back then so I must have caught them elsewhere. Blurry times.

>>74348634
So nice to run across someone else who liked them. I was a huge Strangelove fan, especially their first two albums, although the last one had a few decent tracks on it. Patrick Duff was a real nut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAO57E2dLZk

>Why do you dislike Shillingford's My Life Story?
I think it was the spitcurl. Threw me right the fuck off.
>James
LOVE.
>Jack
Never actually sat down and listened.
>Auteurs
Great but not for all occasions... but great.
>Puressence
Super-underrated. "It Doesn't Matter Anymore" is such a beautiful song.
>Shack
Funny guys. Good drinking music.
>Rialto
At the time, I loved them. Now, kinda naff.
>Gene
Olympian was godly and then they just sputtered out. Martin got weird and tried to go all lad on everyone. Shaved his head. Tried to stop sounding like Morrissey. I was like, you had one thing to do, Martin.

>>74348738
Definitely had more soul and I listen to them more now than I do Blur... but Blur had so many concise little choons. I dunno. You're probably right.

>>74348662
+++Ultrasound
HIGHLY UNDERRATED

Also, you left out Geneva.
>>
>>74348738
Early Verve is better than early Blur, but Blur significantly better as their career progressed whereas the Verve went to shit.
>>
>>74348693
No, Shed Seven. Literally imagine an Oasis cover band's cover band.
>>
>>74348064
>charlatans
>britpop
They were from the madchester era anon. Not that I liked them. But I like their new stuff. Strange. Anyway, CHARLATANS =/= BRITPOP, you silly child.
>>
>>74348819
>Anyway, CHARLATANS =/= BRITPOP,
Not true. They were card-carrying Oasis-worshippers for 'Tellin Stories,' but, yeah, they started out baggy.
>>
>>74348634
>Divine Comedy are top tier
True. They were the best Mike Flowers tribute ever. KYS.
>>
>>74335185
anyway here's wonderwall ... NOT! ha ha as you were LG x
>>
>>74348905
I laughed at the Mike Flowers reference. I hope someone else got that because I was waiting for the opportunity to bring him up.

But Hannon & Co. formed and broke through before Mike Flowers Pop Orchestra so try again, cunt.
>>
>>74348776
James is a really interesting band because they are the only ones who survived madchester, britpop and post-britpop, their new albums aren't that bad either, but they were mainly a singles band.
Jack is fairly obscure band that made orchestral pop in style of Divine Comedy, My Life story and Tindersticks, their first album is sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF92Mut_2a8
Auteurs were one of the first britpop bands with Suede, I think they are underrated
Puressence is fantastic, especially their first 2 albums, my favorite tracks are I Suppose or Sharpen Up the Knives
Shack is enjoyable catchy music
Rialto is passable Pulp clone with some nice songs
I didn't like first Gene album too much because they really aped the smiths, the second one was great though.

What's your opinion on the post-britpop bands like Embrace, Travis, Snow Patrol, 13 Senses, Starsailor and Keane? I think they are mostly painfully mediocre apart from Doves and Elbow
>>
The amount of people in North West England who are stuck in the wrong generation is madness. They dress like it's the 90s again, long hair and zipped up cagoules, it's like time travel
>>
>>74348634
>>74348905
>Divine Comedy
FECK OFF
>>
>>74348776
>You sound like an Oasis historian so I'll have to defer to your knowledge. I was on the road a lot back then so I must have caught them elsewhere. Blurry times.
To some extent, also decent memory. I just pulled up a list of gigs online.

If the second one was Morning Glory tour where he didn't show up, that would have been the summer Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and the like were blowing up in the US. This was about 2 weeks after playing to 250,000 people at Knebworth and 3 days after Liam missed the MTV Unplugged gig.

But as you said, it was one of the gigs where Liam wasn't there, so it would probably have been Chicago or Detroit as he rejoined for next gig in Vancouver with Neil Young and Crazy Horse:
http://jam.canoe.com/Music/Artists/O/Oasis/ConcertReviews/2004/09/28/647091.html

And then after that would come this one in Philly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDHbkvex2NU
>>
>>74348965
Sounds like Nottingham desu, I was in town shopping and i saw some guy in the middle of spring in full pretty green parka and bucket hat with a Liam stubble and haircut. It's amazing how Oasis are still relevant in Bongland after all these years
>>
as you were LG x
>>
>>74349022
Liverpool is bad, even if it's peak Summer, the parka won't come off and they all have ket wigs
>>
>>74348776
>>74348988

As far as Oasis in the South, they cancelled the tour less than 2 weeks later so the Charlotte, Atlanta, West Palm Beach, and Tampa gigs never happened.
>>
>>74349022
>It's amazing how Oasis are still relevant in Bongland after all these years
Like what the fuck. I know these guys were fucking MASSIVE back in the 90s, but when was the last time they even had a huge hit single that people actually remembered? Stop Crying Your Heart Out? That was like 15 years ago.
>>
>>74348938
Both utter shit. Leave the funny songs to the two Ronnies or jasper carrot.
>>74348973
>they disagreed but I disagree with both Are you ok anon?
>>
>>74348943
Yeah, James have been around foorrrever. They predated Madchester and enjoyed success through all of those movements afterwards by just having a great, distinctly British sound. I've always said that they were a big influence on the britpop sound, in particular with Tim Booth's kinda arch-vocals, but I've never really read much about any of those bands paying tribute.

>Embrace
Abject shit.
>Travis
Dad as fuck but, let's face it, Fran writes real purty songs.
>Snow Patrol
Self-fellating trash.
>13 Senses
Not heard.
>Starsailor
Or, the sound of a suicidal man taking a shit into a soundboard.
>Keane
Should have drank more. Might have made them interesting.

Post-Britpop was awful. I could feel the nails being driven into the coffin of my youth. Luckily, the United States had a little indie renaissance a few years later.

>>74349061
Might have been a festy. What did they do in the States that year?
>>
>>74349108
The whole Madchester scene in North West is mad, some clubs in Liverpool still play all Madchester stuff like Stone Roses, Oasis etc
>>
>>74349124
>Both utter shit. Leave the funny songs to the two Ronnies or jasper carrot.
I like you and I think we could have drinks together.
>>
>>74331910
The way people start threads on this boards is really autistic.
>>
>>74349197
>on this boards

this is every board

if you can't comprehend the value and beauty of the image + one word combo as a thread starter then you need to lurk more
>>
>>74349148
OK but you pay. (I live in Paris, so remortgage first.) :^
>>
>>74349131
>Oasis
>Madchester

ffs they were a good 5 years after. At least Blur had a proper madchester sounding tune with there's no other way, the closest Oasis got to that was doing shoegaze with a groove on "Columbia".

>>74349126
My posts were about the 96 Morning Glory date where Liam famously went full retard, but in late 1995 I think they did a handful of fests for local alternative stations in California like in San Fransisco with Live 105 and or LA with KROQ shit as well as in DC, Seattle, Minneapolis, and Chicago. They were too big for fests in 1996 though.
>>
>>74349243
)
>>
>>74349126
I kinda like Travis because they are easy listening feel good music
>haven't heard Thirteen Senses
This was a pretty big hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFroDCsVCeY
>Post-Britpop was awful
Still better than post-grunge though

Doves were really unique band though, they had some nice dream pop and neo-psychedelia influence

There were also Coldplay of course who made some decent pop songs for commercial band until they turned into shameless pop group
>>
>>74349259
>>74349243
Deal.
>>
>>74348634
My Lovely Horse running through the field
>>
>>74349287
Ok but only if you answer correctly:
A, Lennon
or
B, McCartney
>>
>>74349253
I'm stumped.

>>74349272
>Still better than post-grunge
Well, I thought that went without saying, mate.

Doves were great.

Coldplay. I'm ashamed to say I actually pre-ordered the very first Coldplay record, liked "Yellow," but almost instantly realized this was what Radiohead would have ended up sounding like if Thom Yorke had a small stroke, eating up 23% of his intellect and musical prowess.

I was #TeamJJ72 all the way.
>>
>>74349380
McCartney. Too easy.
>>
>>74341690
>being this retarded
lemme guess American?
>>
>>74349499
Sorry. Correct answer was:
C, Harrison
Life can be cruel but sometimes also fair.
>>
>>74349478
>JJ72
Jesus Christ. I had forgotten they existed

WHHHYYYYY WON'T IT SNOOOOOOW
>>
>>74348064
>>74348444
>>74348064
>Catatonia
Kek I always confused them with that doom metal band
>>
>>74349478
You sure it was a Morning Glory gig? Also do you know what places you frequented around that time?
>>
>>74337032
Holy shit. Just went back to listen and it's fantastic. Waiting for the Rapture is beautiful. There could have been more of this if they hadn't broken up, but their solo careers made them boring asf.
>>
Britpop charts on RYM are pretty funny, they consider Kaiser Chiefs britpop and fucking Myslovitz who are from Poland
>>
>>74337331
Those are some long balls
>>
>>74349604
WEEEE don't need OXY-GE-HEN!

He had a look and a voice like a little, buttangsty baby bird.

>>74349621
>Catatonia
Cerys was kinda hot back then and I did think her Welsh accent was moe in "Mulder & Scully" but that's where I draw the line.

>>74349622
>You sure it was a Morning Glory gig?
Not sure anymore. I know it was before 'Be Here Now' and it wasn't on the 'Definitely Maybe' tour, either. Did they do any gigs stateside for The Masterplan's release?
>>
>>74350054
Nope. The Masterplan was just something to keep up interest while they were on break until 99.

Anyway, do you remember the time of year or whether it was large or small venue (ie. Arena vs hall or theater)?
>>
>>74350143
Totally stumped, man. No idea of the time of year but it was a large hall/indoor arena.

I'm poring through the old tour dates and I'm starting to think it wasn't a proper tour at all because n

one of the stuff on the wiki is ringing any bells. That said, I did do a ton of drugs including benzodiazapine and hypnotic sedatives back then so it's amazing I remember what I do.
>>
>>74335893
>one guitarist exposing his balls in an AP interview

Source? Can't find anything when I google "Oasis Testicles"
>>
>>74350270
https://youtu.be/HD0ZD4Ede3w
>>
>>74350281
Jesus lol. That was savage. In a bad way
>>
>>74334698
noel is a bigger douchecunt sorry my man
>>
>>74350281
I loved every moment of this kind of shit.
>>
>>74350194
Damn dude. Were you in college then? Also I'm curious when you first heard of Oasis, how big they were considered at their peak in America, and when they fell off and were forgotten about?
>>
>>74350430
>College
Off and on? I was a musician. First heard Oasis when "Live Forever" blew up in Blighty. Bought the single (which was my britpop b-side gateway into the import drug hell that was CD1 & CD2s for each single at $15/per and an album proper costing $30) and away I went.

They were big in America. By "Wonderwall," you heard them in the mall and the video was all over MTV (when they still played music). Now, my friends and I were all bongaboos so we were especially nuts for them but most people seemed to enjoy them.

There's a commonality in Oasis that was shared between generations. They spoke to people who liked good old fashioned rock and roll.

They just slowly faded from the mainstream. There isn't the same backlash in the United States when a hotly tipped band falls off, however being an almost guaranteed shit proposition live did not help them. If I didn't already understand how Liam was, I would have been pissed myself - but I actually thought it was cool because I got to see Liam do what Liam does.

And he does not give a fuck. It wasn't an act.
>>
>>74350629
Huh, when was the cutoff for when Oasis was considered either in American music press or by the general public to be has-beens or relics of another era? How long were you into them for after the heyday? Also how did other britpop era bands fare in the states around the same time?
>>
>>74350629
Also you ever release anything?
>>
>>74348662
Ash deserve way more love than they get. They were a great singles band that also had some damn fine albums. They also did a cool thing called the A-Z series, where they released a single every 2 weeks over the course of a year. Granted, their last album (Kablammo!) wasn't that great...
>>
File: 1500937398376.jpg (36KB, 376x369px) Image search: [Google]
1500937398376.jpg
36KB, 376x369px
>>74339424
Blur has a better discography, but peak Oasis is better than peak Blur. Real patricians listen to Pulp and The Manic Street Preachers.
>>
>>74331910
JUST
>>
File: MSP The Holy Bible.jpg (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MSP The Holy Bible.jpg
181KB, 600x600px
>>74351262
Best album coming through.
>>
>>74351262
Consider the following: /a/ is that way
<------
>>
Am I pleb if this is my alltime favourite album?
>>
>>74351609
Nah
>>
File: 1499988796444.gif (1MB, 840x893px) Image search: [Google]
1499988796444.gif
1MB, 840x893px
>>74351426
>Goes on an anime website
>Complains about anime
Fack off
>>
>>74346867
>>74347031

Gorillaz are indeed better than Oasis, but Blur had plenty of great melodic hooks.
>>
>>74336709
>>74342318
>People have been doing the same for decades
The Gallaghers have been doing the same for decades
>>
>>74351895
>is over 18
>watches moeshit
t. nu-male
>>
>>74351609
Acquiesce and Listen Up are such good tunes
>>
>>74352593
truth
>>
>>74342050
lol
>>
>>74349186
SHITLIFE
>>
File: 1487559336814.jpg (138KB, 800x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1487559336814.jpg
138KB, 800x1180px
don't smoke kids
>>
>>74354808
>smoking on a plane in 90s
>plane from 90s has tvs on it

wtf
>>
>>74331910
At least he's wearing his splash suit for when the beer bottles start flying.
>>
>>74351609
>*deletes The swanp song and I am the walrus*
now is a 10/10
>>
>>74354808
Why not?
>>
File: four_out_of_ten_scaruffis.png (21KB, 352x258px) Image search: [Google]
four_out_of_ten_scaruffis.png
21KB, 352x258px
>>74337032
>>74337151
>>74337303
>>74340349
>>74340535
>>74342859
>>74344615
>>74347611
>>74349732
boy the oasis fans are really out tonight
>>
>>74331910
Fuck this guy, he made me think it was cool to play a full set while wearing a fully zipped windbreaker. I sweat my balls off and lost my voice and concentration after overheating. Cool band though, Oasis right? Gotta love those cheeky brits.
>>
>>74357087
>Using some italian guy opinion instead of come up if your own
Disgusting m8, did you even listen to the album?
>>
File: noel.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
noel.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>ywn see oasis live in their prime again
>>
>>74348973
>>Divine Comedy
>FECK OFF
Fancy a pint of ham?
>>
>>74333593
>Montie
you deserved it
>>
>>74339268
name two others
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.