[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wire Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Pink flag.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pink flag.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
Any Wire fans on /mu/?
I've been revisiting their first three albums,and can't decide which one the better work of art.
Let's discuss their work here.

>On Returning is the best song on 154
>>
>>74328334
Shameless self-bump.
Does /mu/ still listen to Post Punk?
>>
I always liked Chairs Missing the best of the three. The production is really exciting and the songs are still as agressive as Pink Flag.
Can you give me recs for anything of their later albums? I listened to Change Becomes Us a while back and thought it was good, if a little underwhelming
>>
>>74328334
Do they have any albums worth listening after 154?

Also,
Pink Flag > Chairs Missing > 154.
>>
i think pink flag is the best album, but chairs missing has the best songs. mercy is fucking incredible
>>
154 > cm > pf
>>
>INTERRUPTING MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT
>>
>>74329320
I'll be honest with you.
You'll only end up disappointed with their later work maybe finding one gem per album.It's not worth it.
However you could listen to some groups that are just as excellent,regarding Art Punk,but I'm guessing you already have...?
Gang Of Four - Entertainment
Talking Heads - More SOngs About Buildings And Food/Fear Of Music
Magazine - Real Life
>>
overrated band and not nearly as important to punk and post-punk as wire fans would like to think
>>
>>74329558
That's disappointing to hear, I feel like ever time I read about Wire they're always talked about as this remarkably consistent band that are worth keeping up with in the same way as Swans or Mission of Burma
Not a big fan of either of those TH albums, but I'll check out Magazine. Thanks
>>
>>74329400
>Do they have any albums worth listening after 154?

Almost all of them. Wire are a consistently excellent band, aside from a misstep here or there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0tM-9izbqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPpT9t7ngs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdG55FQmUnQ

Aside from The Fall and Killing Joke, the only classic-era post-punk band whose work still merits consistent attention.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.