[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that punk was a music movement, not a political one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: d974bd993ded40a4bdb3083974238ac2.jpg (152KB, 736x1070px) Image search: [Google]
d974bd993ded40a4bdb3083974238ac2.jpg
152KB, 736x1070px
Reminder that punk was a music movement, not a political one.

Any sort of political elements were just an inspiration for the music.
>>
maybe at first, before it got hijacked by political movements to spread their message and push their agendas
>>
>>74326226
Who cares?
>>
>>74326255
Not really, when was the last time punk had any effect on politics? All they did was to make songs complaining about it.
>>
>>74326267
Faggots who keep on saying punk was whatever branch of politics no one cares about.
>>
>>74326226
If you think punk isn't political you listen to hot topic core babby punk lmao
>>
>>74326226
Punk is inherently political but there were different subgenres and scenes advocating different politics so you can't place all punk under the umbrella of one political opinion or even left or right
>>
>>74326417
I know right Propaghandi and Dead Kennedys are the best XD rawr
>>
OC punk scene is infested with skinheads/fascists and always has been... don't know what you're on about lad
>>
>>74326484
>he doesn't know anything about punk
>>
>>74326417
Go and find out how your favorite rebels Sex Pistols were formed, if you dare. True anarchists and anti-establishment figures, right? The Clash and Gang of Four too. :^)
>>
>>74326517
I know right? Green Day was so punk when they said "No Trump! No KKK! No fascist USA!" XD

>>74326484
Skinhead was a ska thing. Ska was music for working class and it easily integrated with British working class and the rest is history.
>>
File: 1561456145614.jpg (413KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1561456145614.jpg
413KB, 1600x1066px
White Power Punk is best punk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVvSnO31Uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Tyv2PqzlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4qcOXV0Fw
>>
>>74326309
Why don't you get a job or something?
>>
>>74326636
>Green Day was so punk when they said "No Trump! No KKK! No fascist USA!" XD

um excuse me sir but who said that
>>
>>74326652
Yeah, what could be better than white people with a drug addiction and fake sense of self importance vomiting all over themselves and leeching off of their parents? Truly creme de la creme.
>>
>>74326417
I can't hardly think of too many political groups from the first Punk boom. Sure, a few had a track here or there that was political in nature, but other than the Clash or Stiff Little Fingers I can't even think of any from 77 or before that were political in most of their work.
>>
>>74326652
>that white power song is actually pretty good
wtf i love skrewdriver now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.