[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've literally never met a U2 fan in my life. Any time they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 310x163px
I've literally never met a U2 fan in my life. Any time they're mentioned it's in a negative light.
>>
Autism
>>
>>74323164
i'm beginning to wonder if the band exists at all
i only ever see pictures of them posted here, maybe they exist in another reality where they are massive
>>
>>74323254
seriously
how have they sold 170 million records when the only song i know by them is that one from south park?
>>
>>74324155
have you ever seen a U2 record? i haven't
>>
I have, but they are dead now.
>>
>>74324174
Never. I can't same a single album by them.
>>
I've met more than a few, but they listened to U2 during the 80s and 90s and disregarded their later material.
>>
...this is bullshit,
nobody cares...these guys are from England,
and who gives a shit?!
>>
>>74325049
>U2
>England
>>
most middle aged people are casual u2 fans
>>
>>74325060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0&app=desktop
>>
>>74323164
I have. they're all 50 year old moms
>>
>>74325084
this is good i'm laughing
>>
>>74323164
I know one. He has patrician taste too. Really strange that he likes U2. Maybe he's just being contrarian though.
>>
>>74325164
What else does he like?
>>
>>74325143
Negativland is one of the few bands to incorporate humor without it coming off as forced. I really like their stuff.
>>
>>74323164
I like new year's day
>>
>>74324207
>Sunday bloody Sunday
>With or with out you
>Where The Streets Have No Name
>Elevation
Some of the biggest songs of the '80s and '90s.

U2 was nothing but singles.
>>
>>74325264
so normie crap? k
>>
a lot of their 80s and 90s songs were really good and they were still capable of the occasional good song post 2000s.

watching the arcade fire crash and burn trying this ~state of the zeitgeist~ schtick puts into perspective how impressive u2's work was back in the zoo tv days because they actually succeeded with that bullshit
>>
>>74325264
Some of their best songs were album cuts, e.g., Bad, Ultra Violet, Wire.
>>
>>74323164
because your mom doesn't brag about the music she listens too

and The Joshua Tree is a good album
>>
>>74325327
just like /mu/
>>
File: capture.png (179KB, 486x2203px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
179KB, 486x2203px
>>74325200
>>
>>74325453
I mean U2 doesn't seem that far removed from the rest of the artists there. They used to be considered part of the post-punk scene, contemporaries of Echo and the Bunnymen and such, and were part of the first wave of "alternative rock" in the 80s with REM to really find a wider audience.
>>
>>74325552
>They used to be considered part of the post-punk scene, contemporaries of Echo and the Bunnymen and such, and were part of the first wave of "alternative rock" in the 80s with REM to really find a wider audience.
This. Until the 90s, they were a good band, and fit in with plenty of bands from that time that people still love.

U2 meme is just a hate because they got very popular and people seem to hate Bono for being too preachy or whatever. It has nothing to do with their music. Pretty much every band that's been around for as long as they have starts putting out shit eventually.
>>
"The Unforgettable Fire" is a really underrated album Tbh
>>
>>74323164
I like South Park as much as the next guy but most of the people I meet either know U2/Bono from that biggest shit episode, or from their most popular songs. Doesn't seem right to me

I don't care how you feel about Bono. War, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, even All That You Can't Leave Behind are 7-8/10. Hating them is just a meme
>>
It's hilarious to consider all the Radiohead superfans would be U2 superfans if they were born ten years earlier.
>>
>>74327288
hahahahahaha no way
>>
>>74326706
Yeah op needs to listen to this, joshua tree, and war with an open mind because these are some of the best albums of the 80s. Not a fan of their stuff from the mid 90s on but they had some undeniably good music in the 80s.
>>
nobody cares about your cookie cutter opinion on U2. you could never stop me from enjoying their music. why post a thread like this?
>>
This teacher I had in my senior year liked them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.