[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some albums that were mega hyped when they came out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 744x615px
What are some albums that were mega hyped when they came out but ended up having no lasting impact?
>>
>>74322357
mpp
>>
>>74322369
I'm guessing you weren't around when it released because there were a TON of copycats
>>74322357
Modern Vampires of the City
>>
Any hip-hop album that got hyped up during its release. Hip-hop is as ephemeral and shallow as a genre of music can get, it's music designed to be sold to ghetto niggers with sub-80 IQ's, don't forget that.
>>
>>74322397
>I'm guessing you weren't around when it released because there were a TON of copycats
and what last impacting did that have?
yeah none
my point still stands
>>
>>74322417
The opposite actually.
Hip Hop is probably the only genre around that's evolving.
>>
>>74322434
putting different coats of paint on a turd doesn't change the fact that it's just a painted turd
>>
The life of Pablo
A moon shaped pool
Hardwired to self destruct
>>
>>74322423
you know popular genres come and go in phases right? it's kind of a natural thing. MPP was hugely influential for psych pop and there are still records biting ideas from it. just because it's no longer one of the dominant musical genres in 2017 doesn't mean that MPP isn't still impacting musicians. go listen to Planetarium by Sufjan or Currents by Tame Impala if you think people aren't still taking inspiration from MPP.
>>
jenny death
>>
>>74322357
Dance of Death
>>
>>74322434
>evolving
Sure let's go with that. Even in its "evolution" hip-hop is still music designed to appeal to braindead ghetto niggers that think being a gangster is something to aspire to. There's a reason why any time a hip-hop fan hypes up their music they use coon slang like "It's lit" or "bumps in the whip" because that's all that hip-hop aspires to be. It's vapid party music, it's modern equivalent to disco and glam metal except hip-hop takes itself 10 times as seriously as those genres ever did. Wanna know why all Pitchfork ever talks about when they review a hip-hop album is how [insert album] is some uplifting social anthem for the black community? Because that's all there is to talk about in a given hip-hop record. It's bereft of any musicality or artistry, stringing together a 1000 word sociology essay on how hip-hop is good because it serves as an outlet for urban black aggression is the only thing a pseud could do to try and defend it, any attempts at further scrutinizing the genre won't uncover anything of worth. Even the "woke" artists that /mu/ loves to go on about aren't anything profound. "Cops be killin niggaz yo" "Capitalism is greed yo" "Word up Republicans are racist yo" "fuck whitey they made us slaves yo". It's dull sociology 101 with coon speak strung between words to make it more relatable to urban street trash. Hip-hop is nigger shit through and through, nothing of value will ever come out of that worthless genre.
>>
>>74322795
and I thought people would be tolerant of all kinds of music on a music discussion board. I will never understand people like you who feel the need to write off entire genres and assert that nothing of worth has ever come out of them. I got over that by the time I was like 16.
>>
new Avalanches
>>
Humanz
>>
>>74322461
hardwired to self destruct had the opposite of hype. As soon as it was announced everyone was like "oh god, they're making ANOTHER fucking metallica album?"
>>
>>74323278
/mu/ is not everyone.
People waited for that album for many years.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.