[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can one country be so devoid of good music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 51RVrxfsCcL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (26KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
51RVrxfsCcL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
26KB, 350x350px
how can one country be so devoid of good music
>>
Any good music from this damn country were made by the blacks. Too bad the blacks now make garbage with the rest of them.
>>
>>74321556
this. hip-hop was a COINTELPRO op people keep falling for.
>>
Every fucking genre you listen to today originated here in one shape or another
>>
>>74321572
do you really believe that?
>>
>I exclusively listen to top 40s radio from the past decade and have literally never looked further than that to judge a nation and their musical history

Or, more accurately

>this will get a few (you)s I bet
>>
>>74321590
keep ignoring the truth, you sheep
>>
>>74321616
i'm asking you about the truth, tell me how it heppened
>>
>>74321347
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
File: IMG_3603.jpg (48KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3603.jpg
48KB, 384x384px
Wrong
>>
Americans literally cannot understand art, they're the most inferior nation ever in just about every art form, it is absolutely ridiculous considering their massive population.
>>
>>74321691
>>74321662
>>
>>74321691
it's because it's such a massive territory that they have a cultural deficit
like having one corporation running most of the radio channels and nationalising playlists across 50 states, that kind of thing
>>
>>74321703
Name literally one (1) great American composer.
>>74321697
Embarrassed for you Tbh
>>
>>74321719
did you even read my post? how is that related?
>>
>>74321347
Take you (you) and fuckoff
>>
>>74321744
Your "excuse" only covers the late modern era of American history. What I'm saying is that there are literally no truly great American artists in ANY medium.
>>
>>74321775
i'm not even american you twat check my spelling
not making excuses for anyone, but the fact is that their genres have slowed to a crawl since clear channel took over everything
>>
>>74321780
Pop music isn't relevant. It's a globalized genre anyway.
>>
>>74321797
you only think pop is irrelevant because it's all so samey now
and that's a valid position tbf

if you're purely talking classical then joplin, gershwin, glass, reich etc are all worthy of mention

but i prefer milton babbitt
>>
>>74321719
Aaron Copland. As for pop music, Brian Wilson, johnny cash, Stevie wonder, a myriad of jazz greats, a myriad of hip hop greats, etc
>>
>>74321813
>joplin, gershwin, glass, reich etc are all worthy of mention
>but i prefer milton babbitt
No. None of these reach the ankles of even second-rate European composers.
>>
>>74321827
fair enough, thought you might say that (without backing it up in any way at all)
>>
Because they pour all their work into making their country great, unlike the rest of the world...
>>
>>74321832
Literally every composer you and >>74321819
have mentioned are either crossover bores that couldn't orchestrate themselves out of a paper bag OR autistic academic bores that quite literally hate music and anything beautiful. The American mind is closed to harmony, balance, color and beauty.
>>
>>74321850
ok i'm out, enjoy your (You)s
>>
>>74321857
Americans really seem to hate it whenever you point out the fact that their "acclaimed artists" are only acclaimed in America, and never even considered by anyone with actual taste.
>>
>>74321882
if you only look at classical of course america is going to lag, it's a young country
>>
>>74321909
That's not an argument, it's beaten out by several tiny countries and it's not like America is somehow magically divorced from the greater European art music tradition.

It's also not just music, it's the same with literature, the visual arts and even cinema(!). I wonder if it's a problem of the anglosphere in general, as the UK itself is another profoundly untalented nation.
>>
>>74321347
>thinks music is important
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.